Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    OT: Never say never. After what Blizzard has done with Illidan, I wouldn't be surprised of anything.
    don't give them ideas
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    Instead of spending so much time on a stupid Illidan redemption story, or another fight with fucking Archimonde because demons never die or whatever, why not make something fresh?

Instead of another Ragnaros fight why not just go, he's fucking dead mate, next character, let's focus on making that one interesting instead of circlejerking the same people over and over.
    It's simple - it takes a lot of time and effort to build a fresh antagonist to the level of current antagonists. Most of the major villains so far - Sargeras, the Burning Legion (Archi, KJ, etc.), the Old Gods, Lich King, Deathwing, Garrosh, etc. - have years of story, reference, character developments or build up. A completely new villain (with less than an expansion length of history / build up) will just feel either lackluster, or came out from nowhere. They need time and resources to get people used to & hype up new antagonists, and both of those are limited (at the moment, those are being used for the void lords / forces of the void, but it's just the beginning). While you might complain about fighting the "old" villains more than once, I believe - within next 2-3 content patches - most people would still be more interested in fighting against KJ again than a random currently unknown Void Lord (and the Void Lords aren't completely fresh either, they inherited parts of Old Gods' lore and hype).
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-10-10 at 02:05 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well back in early WoD or MoP no one knew what Illidan will comes back and now we have Legion. Everything can happen considering what main lore brain aka Metzen left Blizzard.

Arthas's comes back can really fit Void/Shadowlands expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    to be fair ragnaros came back, kaelthas came back... ragnaros in firelands and kaelthas in magisters terrace but yeah...
    They came back from being defeated, not killed. There hasn't been a peep from either since Firelands/MgT.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Well back in early WoD or MoP no one knew what Illidan will comes back and now we have Legion. Everything can happen considering what main lore brain aka Metzen left Blizzard.

Arthas's comes back can really fit Void/Shadowlands expansion.
    Arthas is dead and gone. Outside of 'shadows' and memories of him like we see in the DK Artifact chains, he won't be returning. As for Illidan, they've been talking for 5 or so years about wanting to redeem that character. The Well of Eternity dungeon was kind of the first step toward that.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

They should totally bring back Archimonde, I miss that guy.
    You may now kiss the ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    It's simple - it takes a lot of time and effort to build a fresh antagonist to the level of current antagonists. Most of the major villains so far - Sargeras, the Burning Legion (Archi, KJ, etc.), the Old Gods, Lich King, Deathwing, Garrosh, etc. - have years of story, reference, character developments or build up. A completely new villain (with less than an expansion length of history / build up) will just feel either lackluster, or came out from nowhere. They need time and resources to get people used to & hype up new antagonists, and both of those are limited (at the moment, those are being used for the void lords / forces of the void, but it's just the beginning). While you might complain about fighting the "old" villains more than once, I believe - within next 2-3 content patches - most people would still be more interested in fighting against KJ again than a random currently unknown Void Lord (and the Void Lords aren't completely fresh either, they inherited parts of Old Gods' lore and hype).
    In relation to the second part of this post, it's nice to have variety and have some recurring villains alongside those that just drop dead when we look at them funny. Without that everything would feel like Scooby Doo villain of the week. And it gives the game some continuity, as well as makes it more believable and immersive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    This must be a troll topic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Choda View Post
    They should totally bring back Archimonde, I miss that guy.
    * my voice echo from far away *
    nooooooo
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    This is how I assume Trump would write a forum post, a yuge wall of text.

I'm only joking.

You know who is a great fucking villain that came out of nowhere? Lei Shen. It's possible to make great villains from scratch, Blizzard just doesn't sometimes.

And honestly who can blame them, I'm sure reusing something costs a lot less than creating something new, making their profits higher.

They're a business after all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    They came back from being defeated, not killed. There hasn't been a peep from either since Firelands/MgT.

- - - Updated - - -

Arthas is dead and gone. Outside of 'shadows' and memories of him like we see in the DK Artifact chains, he won't be returning. As for Illidan, they've been talking for 5 or so years about wanting to redeem that character. The Well of Eternity dungeon was kind of the first step toward that.
    kalethas was killed... he was 100% killed, but came back to life through fel magic...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

There's nothing left to do with him, his story's over. Illidan was only brought back because even Blizzard's story people themselves were unsatisfied with how they handled him in TBC (as they should be since his role in TBC was kind a giant mess)

Why have Bolvar as the Lich King if Arthas was going to eventually return? Arthas is dead and gone.

Besides, Bolvar seems a lot different now than how he was before putting on the Helm of Domination. It's likely he'll be acting as the enemy if it came to it.

Because his story is over, and not bringing back iconic villains is much, much preferable to ''merely a setback!'' stupidity that devalues everything about their story.

I'm only joking.

You know who is a great fucking villain that came out of nowhere? Lei Shen. It's possible to make great villains from scratch, Blizzard just doesn't sometimes.

And honestly who can blame them, I'm sure reusing something costs a lot less than creating something new, making their profits higher.

They're a business after all.
    Sorry that I prefer properly articulated post over splitting it into different lines consist of one or two sentences each. After all, I'm not trying to write a poem here.

Great villain? Lei Shen? You must be joking again. Lei Shen is a good villain, but that's all about it. He was no where as hyped or well known as the major villains / end bosses. Most people killed him because Blizzard pop'd him up as a boss, not because they feel "Wow, we finally get to face him, I can't wait!". In fact, either Kosak or Muffinus (can't remember which) admitted that they should have given Lei Shen more development (and Lei Shen / Mogu already got almost 3/4 of an expansion worth of development). That's probably why he ended up as a mid-expansion boss, not the ultimate one and why they gave us extra bits about him in Chronicle. If you are just asking for a villain that end up as a boss, and not *the boss(es)* of an expansion, we already had plenty of those. However, I believe that's not what you wanted, am I wrong?

You aren't incorrect that profit was reason. However, I'd like you to see it from a player perspective as well. I'd rather fighting KJ again than waiting another 3-4 months for the expansion because they had to think of a new villain from scratch, draft a new story for him, plan advertisements (short stories, novels, movies, etc.). Farming and selling M HFC for a year was as boring as it could get. Thankfully, they decided to slowly introduce the new villains (the force of the Void) into the story over multiple expansions, but that means we'd have to wait for that long before a villain is "ripe" enough for picking.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-10-11 at 09:00 AM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    No king rules forever.
    He was a King for 5 years. That's less than most kings, so that line would be much better if Arthas was the Lich King for hundreds or thousands of years.

Just the fact that so many come back is bad enough. The WoW lore is completely destroyed by this issue. Every character comes back sooner or later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    I don't think you ever saw a true wall of text if you believe it to be one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nethlord View Post
    Because other than other characters, he isn't just dead, he's dead-dead. We know through the lore he is residing in what equates to hell, there is no AU version of Arthas, whatever bit of him that resided in frostmourne is (has) been destroyed/defeated. He ain't coming back, and even if they did what does he bring? He's a fallen paladin turned deathknight that became the lich king, take those three things away and you have a whiny brat of a person that was too self-absorbed to care about doing the right thing (He just did what HE thought was the right thing, even when others told him otherwise....even with proof!!)

Basically, we'd end up with Azeroth's version of Kanye....
    No. ...Im tempted to just leave it at that.

Arthas wasn't whiny and wasn't a brat either. I know thats how people generally like to perceive everyone in the entire universe in this game wehn they are young, so i can see why you would think that. Stratholme was kind of the breaking point and till then no mistake he made was damning. That boy was arrogant but he was also pretty capable and pretty skilled for his age and was good friends with most of his Teachers, which is the only issue i have with him from a lore-perspective. Paragon of virtue besides bing a bit full of him self and eeeveryone loves him. Especially the Dread-Lo- Jaina. Not sure what you are talking about with that "others told him otherwise despite proof"-thing... In Stratholme the scourge was growing and the question was to either slay them before they turn into ghouls or let Mal'Ganis do that quicker... There was no proof that it would not turn out that way... and indeed he was actually right. From that point on the whole Arrogant and Brat thing is meaningless to begin with since he is already in Ner'Zhuls trap and theeere we go...

But i do agree he is dead-dead. Don't compare him to Kanye tho. Especially not with Illidan wandering around. If anyone is WoW's Kanye its Illidan Stormrage.

p.s: Call me a fanboy if you please for actually liking a character enough to not have him compared to f*cking Kanye West.
    Last edited by SoundOfGuns; 2016-10-12 at 08:35 AM.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.