Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What is a good BM pet for PvE?

I've been thinking about what I should use and was wondering if it matters at all? I have a Worm I can use but is his special ability any good or is it useless? Same goes for the Chimera?

it doesn't matter in terms of DPS output, it only matters in terms of what extra ability the pet has.
    worm special is useless because the damage it does is less than beast cleave.

for dungeons, core hound or crane/moth are basically your only viable options (lust and brez, respectively)
    for open world it doesn't really matter, the only variance would be if you want to pick up a pet that has a defensive CD: basilisks, beetles, crabs, shale spiders, a few others... though generally it's not necessary or terribly relevant in open world content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Find a pet you like and use that. Having a pet with hero/brez is nice but its hardly 'mandatory' for most things.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

You need a quilien and a corehound for utility,

- - - Updated - - -

Love doing m+ with hunters using owls and wolves cus it looks cool. God damm noobs get a damm nether ray!

a sporebat

If your group lacks Bloodlust, you want to be using a Corehound or Nether Ray. If your group has less than two combat resurrections (in a 5-man), you want to be using a Crane, Moth, or Quilen.

If your group has all of those things covered, Spirit Beasts bring a small heal.

I use Corehound for lust, Quilen for brez, and when i am doing world quests, i tend to run with a water strider since I don't have a mount that can walk on water

I do have a spiritbeast ( purple mana saber) but rarely do i get a chance to use it

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    I've been thinking about what I should use and was wondering if it matters at all? I have a Worm I can use but is his special ability any good or is it useless? Same goes for the Chimera?
    I know it doesn't make sense but those pet aoe abilities are actually a dps drop. so you should have those abilities turned off.

as other people said, good options are:

* spirit beast (if your gruop already has hero & BRes)
    * Heroism pet
    * Battle Res pet

(in pvp you should have in mind if your team has g.wounds too).

Deleted
    Coreground for Bloodlust
    Quilen for combat ress
    Strider for water walking

Those are the only must have pets for BM pve

Its a spirit beast by far imo

That heal if macroed has gotten me out of so many scrapes in raids plus the fact the other pets that give rez and lust is done by other classes better and you will never be called on to do those jobs in a raid environment.

I'm using the same tiger since the Echo Isles.

Deleted
    Strider works in Legion? I tamed one but didn't get water walking out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Find a pet you like and use that. Having a pet with hero/brez is nice but its hardly 'mandatory' for most things.
    I mean it's mandatory if you plan on doing dungeons. Lust pet is what you want all day if you ask me. Useful for solo stuff as well.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    a sporebat
    I was too slow. =(

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhvvNGeHHME)

Spirit beast (taigarz of corz) - because looking so cool!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I use the following 5 pets:
    1. Quilen for battle ressurection
    2. Core hound for bloodlust/heroism
    3. Water strider for water walking when needed
    4. Rylak which gives me slow fall. Practically for when you want a safe way down those high cliffs.
    5. Spirit beast which is my main for world quests and because its cool.

Does the spirit beat heal actually heal if every cooldown (unless full)?

If you leave it on autocast i seem to notice it healing me when i dip below 30%, but that's purely anecdotal and may be wrong. What i found more helpful is either have it as an individual keybind to have a second "oh shit" instant heal, or macro it with exhilaration to heal more.

EDIT: Also if you leave it on autocast, it is highly likely it will cast it on itself, which is pretty pointless with Phoenix if you run your pat Ferocity.
    Last edited by Holovik; 2016-10-11 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CedricDur View Post
    Strider works in Legion? I tamed one but didn't get water walking out of it.
    You have to actually use its ability.. target yourself and use the pet's water walking ability to benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Auton View Post
    You have to actually use its ability.. target yourself and use the pet's water walking ability to benefit.
    Don't have to target yourself, just cast the ability. The strider will also re-cast it after combat sometimes though that seems pretty unreliable.