Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    I know it's a meaninglessly small sample size, but considering how many people here seem to have gotten rank 3 Starlight Rose fairly early on, I wonder if it has a higher drop rate than the others.
    Maybe it's because there's probably more time spent in Suramar to farm rep, and because imo there are always a TON of starlight roses everywhere I go, whereas when I go to other zones I sometimes hardly encounter and herbs at all (I'm looking at you, foxflower!)

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. Suramar is weird when it comes to gathering. Starlight Rose seems to be more common than the other herbs. (Of course it's balanced by the fact that you only get one herb per node, and sometimes nothing a all if you're not rank 3.) Same with fishing. In the rest of the zones fishing pools are few and far between, meanwhile Runescale Koi pools are freaking everywhere.

Maybe it's because the city takes up half the zone and has no gathering nodes at all (barring barracuda schools?) Maybe they stuffed more nodes into the rest of the zone to compensate or something.

For additional reference:

Rank 1 Foxflower (and mad about it), Rank 3 Starlight Rose (within the last 2 days), Rank 2 Aethril/Fjarnskaggl/Dreamleaf/Felwort. 800 Herbalism.

There's a LOT of RNG involved in getting rank 3 of most herbs, but from what others are saying (here, on Wowhead, and from conversations I've had in-game), Foxflower seems to have the worst of it. Then again, it's only anecodtal evidence, which is worse than no evidence.

Deleted
    Well, after the unconfirmed nerf of Aethril Rank 3 proc rate (together with the confirmed Felwort Rank 3 seed nerf), it's actually not really worth it having 3 stars in any of them. Roses possibly, but only for the subjective reason of not having "blanks".

Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    I know it's a meaninglessly small sample size, but considering how many people here seem to have gotten rank 3 Starlight Rose fairly early on, I wonder if it has a higher drop rate than the others.
    I've farmed around 3000 starlight rose and still don't have it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    It's never been confirmed by a blue, but those who have Rank 3 in an herb had Rank 2 is ALL other herbs first. I don't have Rank 3 in any because I cannot get Rank 2 Foxflower for the life of me.
    I got rank 3 Aethril yesterday, and I still have rank 1 Fjarnskaggl and Foxflower with herbalism skill at ~400

Has anyone gotten their rank three to pop from seeds from r3 felwort or proc nodes from r3 aethril? I am rank 3 felwort and rank 2 everything else and just curious if it does any good to focus on aethril rank 3 first.

Ill let you know if aethril ever gets past rank 1

Aethril is the worse.

Rank 3 in Foxflower (yay) and Dreamleaf (boo). Rank 2 in everything else.

Over 3k Aethril picked and around 2.5k Starlight with no R3 in sight. Little salty. Kinda sick of all the RNG of this xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    It's never been confirmed by a blue, but those who have Rank 3 in an herb had Rank 2 is ALL other herbs first. I don't have Rank 3 in any because I cannot get Rank 2 Foxflower for the life of me.
    I got rank 3 Starlight without having any other at rank 2. Your facts are dumb.