Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Everything you just said is a huge exaggeration.

Symmetra is widely considered the worst hero in the game (I personally play her and love her but that's beside the point) and basically unplayed on attack/control and Winston is very vulnerable outside his bubble, so picking either of those heroes might help against Genji but it makes you vulnerable to everyone else.

His poke is perfectly adequate if you're a decent shot. Not that that's his main purpose anyway. And no shit you have to focus him during ultimate, that's what I said. But unlike Reaper and Pharah who are huge targets during theirs, Genji retains all of his crazy mobility AND can deflect at a split second's notice. That's why he's so much harder to shut down unless you have a very coordinated team.

And I don't know why you overstate the range of flashbang so much either. It's not hard to avoid as Genji unless you're terrible, and of course can be deflected for extra lols.

P.S. I'm not saying Genji is massively OP, just that he could do with being adjusted down a bit.
    Every single one of your points is wrong.

1) You're implying Genji is a monster at low level play because he's a better player not a better character. No shit. They can do it with almost any hero.

2) You're implying Genji's deflect is based on his skill, when in fact its almost always based on the skill of the hero attacking him.

3) Countering picks is how the game is played. Yes picking Winston causes you to be "vulnerable to others", but it also completely nullifies Genji if you can peel properly.

4) His mobility isn't crazy if he's trying to cut you. He's not climbing up walls double jumping when his ult only lasts 6s. He's finding picks and resets which by the way (as a Genji player) is very hard to do on the fly. You have to find your pick (usually mercy if I can), then plan a next pick before committing. If you blow your ult and then just go in swinging you will die EVERY single time with no kills, maybe 1 at best.

Out of interest how do people counter Genji with Winston? Does his dash not have the same CD as Winstons leap? I struggle to stay close to Genji unless I already have the hop on him, not to mention all the majority of areas in which he has massive Z-axis advantage by being able to jump on top of things that Winston must leap to get to...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

8s for swift strike
    6s for leap.
    So I mean right off the bat it makes one hell of a difference if Genji is already on CD, but Winston does have a slight edge on CD.

However, look at it from this POV. If you leap at him, and he runs away how much threat is he now to your team? None, but that doesn't stop you from switching target from a Genji to a Lucio for example....
    Even if the initiation is always from Winston, he can fairly quickly accomplish the task of making Genji die or retreat. On KoTH is where Genji loses the most ground to Winston.

The biggest problem with Winston is players making really bad calls on leap, that can result in almost instantaneous death.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Every single one of your points is wrong.

1) You're implying Genji is a monster at low level play because he's a better player not a better character. No shit. They can do it with almost any hero.

2) You're implying Genji's deflect is based on his skill, when in fact its almost always based on the skill of the hero attacking him.

3) Countering picks is how the game is played. Yes picking Winston causes you to be "vulnerable to others", but it also completely nullifies Genji if you can peel properly.

4) His mobility isn't crazy if he's trying to cut you. He's not climbing up walls double jumping when his ult only lasts 6s. He's finding picks and resets which by the way (as a Genji player) is very hard to do on the fly. You have to find your pick (usually mercy if I can), then plan a next pick before committing. If you blow your ult and then just go in swinging you will die EVERY single time with no kills, maybe 1 at best.
    1) But obviously more so with Genji.

2) I didn't say that, but for the record Genji can pop his reflect at a second's notice and you only get a warning when it's already in use. So not really.

3) I feel like you're being deliberately obtuse, you can pick a Winston to "counter" Genji but he's a weak counter, so you aren't exactly going to be stopping him in his tracks - and you're probably going to be shredded by the enemy Reaper so it's really not a good answer to Genji.

4) Again I never said Genji doesn't require skill, I feel like you're responding to somebody else here. Just that he could use a small nerf. Is that really so controversial? For example I suggested he not be able to use deflect during his ultimate, that's a pretty minor nerf.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    8s for swift strike
    6s for leap.
    So I mean right off the bat it makes one hell of a difference if Genji is already on CD, but Winston does have a slight edge on CD.

However, look at it from this POV. If you leap at him, and he runs away how much threat is he now to your team? None, but that doesn't stop you from switching target from a Genji to a Lucio for example....
    Even if the initiation is always from Winston, he can fairly quickly accomplish the task of making Genji die or retreat. On KoTH is where Genji loses the most ground to Winston.

The biggest problem with Winston is players making really bad calls on leap, that can result in almost instantaneous death.
    He stops being a threat for a few seconds. In which time Reaper says "lol thanks for the Winston", eats him alive and Genji goes back in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    It is because they "Carry" their team. It is a fine terminology. Its more so used in a "he is here to carry" sense.
    A carrier is a person doing carrying. A "carry" is a person being carried. English.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

One thing you can abuse against genji is that his deflect animation continues for like almost half a sec too late, so even if you see his swords spinning you can still get a hit in.
    I abuse this so much as widow because a bad genji will sometimes try to fool me and pop infront of me with deflect up and I fire at him at the end of his deflect and hit him.
    But remember genji can also use his dashing strike during the same period so a good genji will also abuse this against you.

Also I've found that reaper deals with genji very well as well because he survives longer, has wraith form and is not punished so hard by his deflect and also do a lot of dmg on genji without perfect aim.
    Last edited by Speedlance; 2016-10-05 at 08:15 AM.

Deleted

A carrier is a person doing carrying. A "carry" is a person being carried. English.

A carry is a cart, carrying stuff. Not sure why think it's only... passive, or something?
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-10-05 at 10:20 AM.

Seriously Google it. Carriers carry something.

Such as a carrier bag, or a aircraft carrier... They ARE NOT called a carry bag or aircraft carry.

Carry....

support and move (someone or something) from one place to another.
    "medics were carrying a wounded man on a stretcher"

transport, conduct or transmit.
    "the train service carries 20,000 passengers daily"

have on one's person.
    "he was killed for the money he was carrying"

be infected with (a disease) and liable to transmit it to others.
    "ticks can carry a nasty disease which affects humans"

Every single example in the official meaning with the carrier bolded for the 'don't get its'....
    Last edited by Zelendria; 2016-10-05 at 10:37 AM.

4) Again I never said Genji doesn't require skill, I feel like you're responding to somebody else here. Just that he could use a small nerf. Is that really so controversial? For example I suggested he not be able to use deflect during his ultimate, that's a pretty minor nerf.
    If you got a Genji to use reflect while he was in his ultimate, that's a good thing for you, since it wastes now precious seconds (or a second, forget which) of his ultimate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have they fixed the issue of Genji's reflect hitbox extending like 2 meters out from him in every direction?
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    A carry is a cart, carrying stuff. Not sure why think it's only... passive, or something?
    It's actually not a noun at all in this sense. But if it was, the carry would be the subject of the carrying.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    If you got a Genji to use reflect while he was in his ultimate, that's a good thing for you, since it wastes now precious seconds (or a second, forget which) of his ultimate.
    But potentially saves his life if your team has a brain and is focusing him.

So again, what's the harm in removing it?

Give me back the 8s duration and I'll gladly trade the deflect. Both are completely invaluable, but more frequently I wish I had one or two extra swings rather than the ability to deflect.

Or give me back triple Jump in trade for it. Or the combo. I'll take any one of the 3.

Except during his ult he's usually darting around like a madman anyway due to dash resets, so the only people who could reliably hit him are the ones who can't be reflected, like Winston.

Granted, I wouldn't care if they removed reflect from his ult, because if you're being focused as Genji, you're most likely dead anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem is his main counters, Winston and Mei, need to be super close, so during his ult, they risk dying trying to stop him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Give me back the 8s duration and I'll gladly trade the deflect. Both are completely invaluable, but more frequently I wish I had one or two extra swings rather than the ability to deflect.

Or give me back triple Jump in trade for it. Or the combo. I'll take any one of the 3.
    Hell no you're never getting those things back!

Well you're never getting the 8s back anyway, that was nuts, the triple jump was minor.

Hell no you're never getting those things back!

Well you're never getting the 8s back anyway, that was nuts, the triple jump was minor.
    I'd take the triple jump back over 8s Ult any time of the day, tbh.
    I still think the 3rd jump is the biggest nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Grishnaar View Post
    I'd take the triple jump back over 8s Ult any time of the day, tbh.
    I still think the 3rd jump is the biggest nerf.
    I have no idea why, the 8s ulti was huge, the mobility changes are pretty minor.

I have no idea why, the 8s ulti was huge, the mobility changes are pretty minor.
    you just proved you don't know much about genji

I mean, yeah, I notice the 2s sec difference, but being able to do the third jump after WC is huge.
    Yes, I kinda got used to playing without it, you have to. But if I was to experience the 3rd jump again, I'd probably be in shock xD

internal community lingo and nicknames overrides common English meanings and definitions. Whether its gangster talk, the I.T. industry or gaming communities. Exceptions are made due to circumstances. Hell just the system of nicknaming in terminology justifies it and it isnt going to change any time soon.

This is less of a grammar matter and more of a sociological one.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2016-10-12 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malfurion View Post
    you just proved you don't know much about genji
    8s meant Genji's ulti was longer than Zenyatta's and that is a HUGE deal.

Removing his ability to jump again at the top of a wall climb doesn't even really reduce his overall mobility in a significant way. It's a quality of life reduction at worst.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    internal community lingo and nicknames overrides common English meanings and definitions. Whether its gangster talk, the I.T. industry or gaming communities. Exceptions are made due to circumstances. Hell just the system of nicknaming in terminology justifies it and it isnt going to change any time soon.

This is less of a grammar matter and more of a sociological one.
    The lingo in this case uses the exact opposite words to the ones that were intended.

I don't know much about LoL/DoTA because I never played them, but I thought that the term originated either in LoL or original DoTA, where a "carry" is a character that's weak at low levels but becomes powerful once levelled up. So they're a "carry" in the sense that they have to be carried by their team until they're powerful enough to do the carrying.

But that's just supposition on my part. I don't know the real origin of the term or its context. When you apply "carry" to a character that's always capable of carrying a game though, that's just incorrect English.