Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xkiller9000 View Post
    lmfao, MoP was the 2nd best expansion, behind WoTLK. Idk who ur talking to to get that idea
    so funny when people act as though their OPINION is FACT when it definitely IS NOT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    For me it is purely about theme and Pandas.
    I like the Monk class well enough but the Pandas are meh to me.
    As for the theme; it really has to hit me and get me excited. And for some reason the Asian feel just didn't do it. Idk.
    I have no clue why people complain about Pandaren in a game where Bull/cow-people are running around. Undead is worse than a pandaren aswell.

All 3 races were all involved in the original warcraft series, so I simply don't understand why one of them is not allowed by the players.
    Tarren Mill, EU
    Tussee Level 110
    Ygtitte Level 110, Daènerys Level 110, Hotlava Level 110,
    Palefoot Level 110, Elemulius Level 110, Tussedk Level 110,
    Thuesen Level 110, Briènne Level 110, Tussebank level 110
    Tipoldefar Level 110, Gnarfy Level 110

For me, personally, Pandaland was just too far a departure from what I wanted to see at the time in an xpac.

Yes, Pandaland was beautiful, and yes it was a big improvement over Cata.

I just couldn't get into it. I still cringe when leveling an alt and I realize I'm at the point where I've got to go to Pandaria for a few zones. The story to me was boring. The dailies with the farm were awful. The dailys in general were really bad. Some of the instances were also really dumb (to me). I don't even think I finished questing in all the zones on my main. I understand that they added in a lot of things after release that made the xpac much better over time, but I had unsubbed by then, so their impact had no resonance with me.

I've played WoW since beta Vanilla. Pandaland isn't the worst xpac (looking at you Cata & WoD), but it sure wasn't one of my favorites.

Luckily we had 100 posts a day during the expansion telling us why people hated it. Some highlights I remember include:

1. Pandaren either their race as a concept or their peace loving mentality forced upon us in a game called "World of Warcraft"
    2: Asian Aesthetics argued as "NOT WARCRAFT!"
    3. Mogu were not in the rts games so therefore Blizzard just "pulled them out their ass"
    4.Questing was on rails so much that it was like an arcade game
    5. The dungeons were not perceived as fun to some people
    6. Horrible rep gating giving a poor experience to the start of the expansion
    7. SoO drought giving a poor experience to the end of the expansion

But every expansion goes through this cycle. Within 2 years WoD will be hailed as one of Blizzard's finest achievements on these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickname View Post
    Luckily we had 100 posts a day during the expansion telling us why people hated it. Some highlights I remember include:

1. Pandaren either their race as a concept or their peace loving mentality forced upon us in a game called "World of Warcraft"
    2: Asian Aesthetics argued as "NOT WARCRAFT!"
    3. Mogu were not in the rts games so therefore Blizzard just "pulled them out their ass"
    4.Questing was on rails so much that it was like an arcade game
    5. The dungeons were not perceived as fun to some people
    6. Horrible rep gating giving a poor experience to the start of the expansion
    7. SoO drought giving a poor experience to the end of the expansion

But every expansion goes through this cycle. Within 2 years WoD will be hailed as one of Blizzard's finest achievements on these forums.
    These statements are so bloody annoying. I never read a thread where people stated that about Cata.

That people call it "childish" and "pandaland" are symptoms of the issue. They never even tried to look beyond the thin surface of the Crapsaccharine world that was Pandaria.

Deleted
    What a silly thread, it's like asking why people don't like carrots

Deleted
    Pve wire it was a shitty expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oogzy View Post
    People say it's the second worst expansion for two reasons, both completely illogical.
    Are you really trying to apply logic to personal taste/preferences?

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Ascetic aside as it doesn't relate to the actual raw content and is a personal preference, why do so many people rank mists so low on their expansion lists? I mean the content it offered by the end of it absolutely shits on WoD and is better than Cata imo. 5.2 is my favorite patch ever made for WoW. Even the other patches had some fun content. The original Timeless Isle was pretty good. Is the theme seriously the only reason? Would Mists position on your expansion rankings change if it had a different theme?
    For me it was one of the worst. Here are my reasons:
    The farm felt tedious

PvP was so unbalanced (Monks were most of the reasons for this)

Blizz got lazy with content and just added a new "Isle" every few months rather than reuse the world they already created. This felt way to instanced.

The dungeons were very boring

The theme felt very un-WoW like. We live in a world where it's Horde against Alliance and here we ware in panda land....

The raids were very boring very cookie cutter. Everything looked and felt the same.

No world PvP zone. This is something i feel they dropped the ball with in Legion too. Tol'Barad and Wintergrasp were awesome and kept people engaged all the time. Ashran was a joke and ever since we have been lacking a good world PvP zone.

Dailies...need i say more?

Ascetic aside as it doesn't relate to the actual raw content and is a personal preference, why do so many people rank mists so low on their expansion lists? I mean the content it offered by the end of it absolutely shits on WoD and is better than Cata imo. 5.2 is my favorite patch ever made for WoW. Even the other patches had some fun content. The original Timeless Isle was pretty good. Is the theme seriously the only reason? Would Mists position on your expansion rankings change if it had a different theme?
    Leveling was okay.

Reaching 90:

Dungeons-easy

Raiding-fun but not amazing.

End quests- Horrible, I nicknamed that expansion "Mists of Pandailia" because to raid you had to do a ton of dailies every day. (if someone tells me you did not have to then chances are you did LFR).

PVP- I did not pvp this expansion on a more serious nature. It was okay but I heard it was good for the majority of the expansion.

5.2- Isle of thunder was only exciting because it was new, it was crap in my opinion. The actual raid was good but not enough to make it a great expansion, each expansion before WoD had at least one good raid, ToT was it. Outside of that 5.2 was boring.

5.3- Heroic scenarios were cool but not amazing. The questing was alright.

5.4- Timeless isle was actually decent. SoO was okay but lasted to long, the gear was to overpowered which changed the PVE a bit. I understand finding new ways to make gear interesting but it went the dragon soul route and went overboard. It was an okay patch all together.

Monks- fun class but watched like a hawk to make sure they did not become DKs all over again.

Other classes- Healing became boring to play, dps was all right but majority of the classes got so much that it took the unique side out of every class. To much mobility for everyone.

World bosses- I actually had fun trying to get the Tag. Not a good design but I have this as a higher position in the expansion.

Story- Was meh but they did an amazing job at presenting it which made it seem better then it actually was.

I have other points to add but the just of it that it had one good raid and outside of that the whole expansion was mediocre. It is 2nd last for myself but ToT was one of the top raids in my favorite raids. The expansion in a whole was just meh, it had nothing great but wasn't horrible, the reason it is 2nd last is there is only one horrible expansion.

Vanilla- Sandbox, great community, all around amazing because everyone was a newb and you had a world to explore. Very new game so had a lot of issues.

TBC- PVP was amazing, Raiding was amazing. You could raid Kara for an expansion and still have fun. A lot of farming needed to do anything. The grind was real the negative portion of this expansion.

Wrath- PVP was good, Raiding became something everyone wanted to do. One raid patch sucked, They started giving everything to all the classes which took some uniqueness out of the classes. DKs were overpowered (both good and bad depending if you played a DK.

Cata- Leveling okay, amazing story. Dungeons fun but challenging, nerfed into ground and no longer fun. Raids- First tier was great, Second tier was amazing, last tier was so god damn horrible that made the expansion look worse. They changed the talent system which seemed amazing but ended up more cookie cutter then the original talent builds. No more going half way into two specs . Still above MoP because of the first and second raid tier, Firelands is above ToT in my experience. Raided both on a more serious nature.

MoP- Decent expansion, Start somewhat sucked but outside of that it had nothing wrong with it. Very lack luster, seemed more of a marketing tool. Not bad but not good. Raiding was horrible outside of one tier of raiding, that tier can not make up for the rest of the expansion.

WoD- Launch was a disaster. Leveling was to linear, First time leveling was great, second time was so extremely boring. Garrison was good on paper but was a disaster. Raiding was good but not good enough to make up for everything else. Garrison was the majority of the content.

The only reason that MoP looked better for certain people is that it came before WoD. WoD was soooo horrible, that alone made MoP look better then it actually was.

MoP was mediocre. I don't think it was a bad expansion, I just can't justify it as a good expansion.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    They didn't play it.

You know, I know people knock on MoP a lot for the daily aspect of things, but how is Legion any different really? At least MoP had an end-point where you knew your reward would A) come in due time B) would come at the same time as anybody else aiming to keep competitive. In Legion, you HAVE to do certain things every day for a CHANCE at being able to remain competitive. So yeah, I'll take MoP dailies over the RNG legendary horror fest that is Legion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    There was nothing childish about the theme. It was colorful and featured talking animals, that doesn't make it a bedtime story. MoP had some deep and highly complex storylines: the Pandaren fighting to preserve their way of life from the Mogu incursion and return of Lei Shen, the Sha corruption released on the world due to the Alliance vs. Horde fighting in Jade Forest (intruding on alien soil), the mantid armies, Operation Shieldwall and the Dominance Offensive, the fallout from Garrosh his ruthless actions, Anduin coming into his own and doing some soul searching in Pandaria, political intrigue in the form of Wrathion, Jaina and Dalaran, Horde rebellion under direction of Lor'themar and Vol'jin after the failed assassination attempt on Vol'jin by Garrosh, the second coming of the Zandalari, the destruction of the sacred Vale of Eternal Blossoms by Garrosh his use of the heart of the old god Y'shaarj and finally the siege of goddamn Orgrimmar by the Alliance and the Horde.

The shores of Pandaria were drowned in blood. MoP was the most brutal expansion from a story perspective of escalating violence and warfare. It's cohesive, well established and next to Wotlk, unsurprisingly the best expansion to date, the most comprehensive expansion storyline in the WoW universe.
    I disagree.

7+ Year Old Account
    I had almost zero complaints about MoP.

Isle of Thunder and Shieldwall patches were very good. They went super-duper overboard on essentially required dailies for raiders at launch. This didn't effect me much, as I haven't raided current content above LFR since its inception. Beautiful zones ( Dread Wastes was very nice), loved my gnome Destro lock during the xpac.

My one "mehhh" was TI. I didn't get the legendary cape because I don't do instanced PvP, and running around grinding mobs and looking for treasures didn't appeal to me. So I went there for a look when it released, and never went back.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Because people have different opinions.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow...people are still defending MoP and trying to say it was not childish?!
    It's like arguing if the sky is blue or not. Of course it's childish, don't give me that genocide and old gods makes it so dark bullshit. Just take your ass to the vale inn and sit there with a straight face listing to that lame ass music and try and say it is so dark. A dungeon full of cute trying to look mean bunnies...are you kidding me right now, seriously are you kidding me?! I'ts a goofball childish romp. I bet most of you who say it is not childish were only allowed to play Nintendo games as a child and probably have a Wii in your living room.

I piss on your MoP worshipping shrine. Go form a cult you zealots.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tussee View Post
    I have no clue why people complain about Pandaren in a game where Bull/cow-people are running around. Undead is worse than a pandaren aswell.

All 3 races were all involved in the original warcraft series, so I simply don't understand why one of them is not allowed by the players.
    It's not that they aren't allowed. Blitz can do whatever they want. I think it's just more the art style of the Pandas themselves. To me they come across as very cartoonish. I know this is a game and the artwork lends itself to that style. But I personally just don't like the design route of the models themselves. Just personal preference really.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post

How was it a filler expansion? The whole expansion built up Garrosh/Wrathion which inevitably lead to WoD/Legion. We cleaned the Horde of corruption and filth, dealt with another Old God, countered another Zandalari invasion and ended a faction war (Okay it started up again but that's not the point)
    It seems that filler expansion falls into 2 categories for these people

1) I don't like it so filler.
    2) I can't directly link it to warcraft 3 somehow so I will dismiss it as filler.

I've given up trying to figure it out. Knee jerk reaction to a so-called "weeaboo" expansion? Low level racism? Angry that they didn't get "EPIC GOTH POINTY SPIKES AND DOOM GLOOM" race?

Dunno. And I don't care anymore. Let them hate it. I had a blast during MoP, the whole way through.

Honestly, if the 5 mans had been better, MoP would have been close to a perfect expansion. I think that helped really spotlight the weaknesses of WoD - going from that, to the dreck of WoD was glaring.