Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    There needs to be an incest law because any children resulting from marriage will be damaged.

In this case there is no possibility of that so I see no reason for the state to get involved. As with gay sex, the fact that people go "yeuch" about something does not make it criminal. Hell, our former prime minister had sex with a pig and set a fine liberal example to us all.
    There should be a law that prohibits marriage of people who get their noses in other peoples business because any children resulting from that marriage will damage the humanity.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Still a better love-story than Twilight.

15+ Year Old Account
    So I'm the only one who gets turned on by some good old mother-daughter action?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    There should be a law that prohibits marriage of people who get their noses in other peoples business because any children resulting from that marriage will damage the humanity.
    It isn't a bigoted position, it is a biological fact. In-breeding is not a good thing, it greatly increases the chance of deformities, diseases and infant mortality.

10+ Year Old Account
    There needs to be an incest law because any children resulting from marriage will be damaged.

In this case there is no possibility of that so I see no reason for the state to get involved. As with gay sex, the fact that people go "yeuch" about something does not make it criminal. Hell, our former prime minister had sex with a pig and set a fine liberal example to us all.
    You say 'will be' damaged, you probably should say 'may be'. That said, What right do we have to infringe on what consenting adults do in their bedrooms? I thought we didn't WANT the government in people's bedrooms. Are you now saying its okay because you said so?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    It isn't a bigoted position, it is a biological fact. In-breeding is not a good thing, it greatly increases the chance of deformities, diseases and infant mortality.
    It's not a fact. It's a possibility. Non-incest parents can have WORSE biological facts born.

And this possibility only increases with inbreeding. I.e. incest after incest after incest.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, it is a bigoted position, because you are absolutely intolerant of the love they have for each other and want to infringe on their right to marry who they love.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Yea, it is a bigoted position, because you are absolutely intolerant of the love they have for each other and want to infringe on their right to marry who they love.
    They can marry who they like. They just shouldn't have children.

Liberty doesn't extend to damaging other people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Calamorallo View Post
    Should there be a law that known carriers of certain genetic disorders (e.g. cystic fibrosis), cannot marry?
    Yes. I made the difficult decision not to have children because for, various reasons, I can't guarantee their happiness. It was a very tough decision. I have no sympathy for people who are so selfish they place their own paternal or maternal urges over that of a child. Many, many people are making the same decision across Europe because of the ongoing economic problems.

Your children are not some thing you are entitled to. There's enough children born into poverty, sickness and misery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Incest laws aren't just about birth defects, they are the inherent power a parent has over their children.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't make up shit like this.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    It's not a fact. It's a possibility. Non-incest parents can have WORSE biological facts born.

And this possibility only increases with inbreeding. I.e. incest after incest after incest.
    You don't seem to know what a fact is. A probability of an event can be a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    What other better arguments do you have? I'm genuinely interested as I haven't heard any myself.
    Then we need to prevent all women who smoke, drink, or do drugs from having children as well, since statistically doing any 3 of those have higher incidences of birth defects..

Also, let's go ahead and sterilize all people with any other defects that can be passed down too.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    What other better arguments do you have? I'm genuinely interested as I haven't heard any myself.

There really isn't any, its just people going "I think its gross what people do privately so stop doing it". People seem to love sexual freedom but on their own terms. I don't like it myself but its none of my business what people do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    Incest laws aren't just about birth defects, they are the inherent power a parent has over their children.
    Yeah, it would be very difficult or impossible to prosecute a Father for raping his daughter if incest is legalized.

This is the slippery slope we were talking about you far-left half-wits!

Edit: This, and the whole Trans-racial / trans-age thing. My god, this has gone way to far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fudge View Post
    Then we need to prevent all women who smoke, drink, or do drugs from having children as well, since statistically doing any 3 of those have higher incidences of birth defects..
    I'd support criminal sanction agaist businesses who sell those things to pregnant women, and I doubt many would disagree.

In any case minor statistical effects don't compare with a 40-50% chance of major birth defects or death. You have to be completely ignorant of probability theory to find those things comparable.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't seem to know what a fact is. A probability of an event can be a fact.
    But damage to incest children is not a fact it's a probability. Probability becomes a fact only after the fact. Get it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    There really isn't any, its just people going "I think its gross what people do privately so stop doing it". People seem to love sexual freedom but on their own terms. I don't like it myself but its none of my business what people do.
    See above. Producing children who develop extreme extreme abnormalities, are severely mentally impaired, or simply die is an act of extreme cruelty.

So we shouldn't let people with genetic conditions breed either. There are many situations where you have a much higher probability of serious issues than incest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    So we shouldn't let people with genetic conditions breed either.
    The intellectual rigour of people who can't read six posts up the same thread is always impressive.