Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I have a fire mage. And my artefact weapon (main hand) stats has no crit. NO CRIT IN THE MAIN WEAPON OF FIRE MAGES!
    So, after this outflow, I'm totally done with the return of reforging.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Newsflash: Even with reforging there will drop useless items. Gasp. It's part of the game, always has been, always will be. There'd be nothing more boring than gear with only your "best" stats.
    Nobody here is talking about only getting gear with optimal stats, All reforging will do is make the gap between bad items and good items smaller. The best items now will still be the best items, but the bad items will not be as far behind.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixLite View Post
    Why am I not fully optimized 1 month after launch ?
    Snif snif, give me a tool to be perfect after 3 dungeon runs please !!
    Yeah nice try, but the thing is that with some classes you will never will, because they require very different stats if you are doing Mythic+ or Raiding.
    I understand that reforging is not the perfect solution for this situation, but having to get two different sets of gear for each spec of some classes, does not seem like a better one.

Ya I actually agree. Getting an 880 Titan forge piece with poor stats isn't as fun. I wouldn't mind see it back now that secondaries are so insanely important for some specs
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    Yeah nice try, but the thing is that with some classes you will never will, because they require very different stats if you are doing Mythic+ or Raiding.
    I understand that reforging is not the perfect solution for this situation, but having to get two different sets of gear for each spec of some classes, does not seem like a better one.
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding your statement but..
    Why would you need 2 gear sets for one spec ??
    And how is that related to reforging ?

Reforging sucked. There's really no need to write long-ass posts about bringing it back.

Gearing isn't hard.
    Just don't be an ilvl retard.
    Take 5 mins and figure out your stat priority. Secondaries matter. If an item doesn't have your best secondary, it likely won't be an upgrade. Secondaries now are akin to primaries in previous expansions. You're a crit class? Item doesn't have crit? It's not good for you.

And no, not every item you get needs to be an upgrade that you must equip immediately.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Ya I actually agree. Getting an 880 Titan forge piece with poor stats isn't as fun. I wouldn't mind see it back now that secondaries are so insanely important for some specs
    Let's consider your stat priority is
    haste > Mastery > crit>versatility
    Now let's say yoi loot a 800Cri/800Vers item.
    It's shitty, fuck the world RNG is bad, Blizzard kill yourself and so on.

Now you have reforging. All hail Blizzard, best idea ever.
    Now your loot is 320Haste/800crit/480Vers.
    You realize that your newly reforged item is... still completelly shitty and will be replaced by any acceptable ilvl item with better stats ?

How is reforging fixing anything ?

Agreed. 5 seconds to fix these retarded stats was a godsend. There's really no logical grounds to oppose the system on, other than your own selfish cuntiness and not wanting to spend trivial gold and time to make your character actually play properly.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's consider your stat priority is
    haste > Mastery > crit>versatility
    Now let's say yoi loot a 800Cri/800Vers item.
    It's shitty, fuck the world RNG is bad, Blizzard kill yourself and so on.

Now you have reforging. All hail Blizzard, best idea ever.
    Now your loot is 320Haste/800crit/480Vers.
    You realize that your newly reforged item is... still completelly shitty and will be replaced by any acceptable ilvl item with better stats ?

How is reforging fixing anything ?
    Nothing can "fix" rng based loot, but it's simply retarded to refute tools that improve it. Having reforging is still insanely superior to not having it.

Reforging should definitely have stayed and/or return. While I understand the frustration of the multiple gems, enchants and reforging necessary before putting an item on, ditching it all was a bit overkill. I think reforging making a return would scratch an itch that we all have deep down.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    No. Some items are better than others. Get over it. And having to edit an item before equipping is not fun.

I have a great time knowing that I can reroll the versatility i got into Haste or Crit because now that 20 Ilvl upgrade is actually worth it.

I honestly think its players with zero patience that are taking all depth and actual RPG like elements away from WoW, They need INSTANT GRATIFICATION by being able to equip an item the second it drops or they will quit the game because they can't spend 5 minutes weighing stat priorities or going out to buy a gem. I think gearing is pretty fucked right now, I don't like it. I miss old gear, knowing it will have gem slots and meta gem slots and balancing whether I want to get the strength bonus by putting all three strength gems in or if its more worth while to put a crit gem in.
    Last edited by Varitok; 2016-10-11 at 02:57 PM.

I loved reforging as a player, but I believe the main reason they don't want it back is because the current system gets players to equip new items more often (as a sidegrade in ilvl can be an upgrade in stats) and because it pushes players to run the same content more times to get more chances at proper loot.

If you can reforge a bad piece into a good piece, that's one less piece of loot you need to get from a dungeon and one less reason for you to run dungeons. And Blizz wants people to keep doing content to avoid making us feel like we ran out of things to do.

So while I would LOVE reforging to fix my stats while keeping my higher ilvl, I think the best way for Blizzard to approach this is to buff the lesser stats for us. It'll make those bad pieces better while still getting us to run dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Agreed. 5 seconds to fix these retarded stats was a godsend. There's really no logical grounds to oppose the system on, other than your own selfish cuntiness and not wanting to spend trivial gold and time to make your character actually play properly.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing can "fix" rng based loot, but it's simply retarded to refute tools that improve it. Having reforging is still insanely superior to not having it.
    Just don't use it.

Deleted
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding your statement but..
    Why would you need 2 gear sets for one spec ??
    And how is that related to reforging ?
    Try to play Mythic+ and raiding with a shadow priest, with the same gear and then tell me.
    I guess this is the same for alot of classes, due to having to choose different talents you need different stats for those talents, meaning either you have two sets, or you will do subpar either on Mythic+ or in raiding.

Deleted
    Imho, the real problem is not reforging, or randomization of lott's stats.
    It's personal loot.

Withvthis, people EXPECT to have a loot with every single thing they kill.
    I think you don't realize how much our overall loot frequency has increased. You can potentially have 10 loots in 1 raid run... just for you and you only.

Is it really a problem that all of them are not completely OP and insta-BiS ?
    I can understand how frustrating it is to have a WF/TF proc on a "bad" item. But hasn't it be always this way ?
    Back before PL, we saw loots with monster procs but shitty stats. The only difference was that nobody needed it and it went to dez. Now with PL you are "forced" to receive it.

I really don't see how refirging would adress this issue. Take 1 hour more of gaming, and you will probably find another similar item with better stats that the shitty one you just got...

Deleted
    No, it was stupid. Installing some addon, going to a reforger and clicking a button was not fun. ''Oh a nice piece of gear dropped! ...but it hasn't been reforged, enchanted or gemmed so it is crap and I have to do all those things...'' it made me actually unhappy when a supposed upgrade dropped because I couldn't just equip it immediately because it would be worse.
    Not all items that drop should be good...

Reforging was removed so that devs had to do less math when balancing new content. The ability to reforge will be a substantial increase to overage performance in raids, will put balance between secondary stats which is way out of whack right now, under a microscope, and as much as it would be awesome for players, its not coming back because its a pain in the ass for the devs.

Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    Reforging was removed so that devs had to do less math when balancing new content. The ability to reforge will be a substantial increase to overage performance in raids, will put balance between secondary stats which is way out of whack right now, under a microscope, and as much as it would be awesome for players, its not coming back because its a pain in the ass for the devs.
    It's actually the opposite.
    But lol ok.

Imho, the real problem is not reforging, or randomization of lott's stats.
    It's personal loot.

Withvthis, people EXPECT to have a loot with every single thing they kill.
    I think you don't realize how much our overall loot frequency has increased. You can potentially have 10 loots in 1 raid run... just for you and you only.

Is it really a problem that all of them are not completely OP and insta-BiS ?
    I can understand how frustrating it is to have a WF/TF proc on a "bad" item. But hasn't it be always this way ?
    Back before PL, we saw loots with monster procs but shitty stats. The only difference was that nobody needed it and it went to dez. Now with PL you are "forced" to receive it.

I really don't see how refirging would adress this issue. Take 1 hour more of gaming, and you will probably find another similar item with better stats that the shitty one you just got...
    The game places a lot of emphasis on item levels, but currently item levels are a very poor measure for the quality of an item. It's currently possible to gain 20 item levels and still have worse gear, and even when inviting people mythic+ it's a serious chore to figure out if they have good gear or not, because most people only look at ilvl and underperform as a result. Reforging would help combat that.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pingasman82 View Post
    No, it was stupid. Installing some addon, going to a reforger and clicking a button was not fun. ''Oh a nice piece of gear dropped! ...but it hasn't been reforged, enchanted or gemmed so it is crap and I have to do all those things...'' it made me actually unhappy when a supposed upgrade dropped because I couldn't just equip it immediately because it would be worse.
    Not all items that drop should be good...
    Except now items drop and you never equip them at all because they're shit compared to the items you're wearing that's 10 ilvls lower but has better secondaries. But by golly, it's so much more fun to vendor/de drops than do a little work and then equip them right?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.