Page 1 of 2
LastLast

My long journey to 12 110s

I have been playing wow on and off for over 11 or so years and ever since cata i have had all toons capped and have all professions roling. I have dove into pvp and pve on and off alot anf gold making.

After capping all toons back in WOD after 2 months i took the whole xpac off and then came back a month before legion. Im now working in a job where i work 60 plus hrs per week and have a wife who i adore very much.

But still with all thses things i was able to cap all 12 toons from 100 - 110 in 42 days IRl time.
    IM not too sure how long in game time as i have been doing pvp and worls quests on my hunter and so on.

I can if ppl request my methed and theries or lvling and gold making

In legion i have made 1.3mill with little to no effort.

Last edited by xzanle; 2016-10-11 at 11:15 PM.

which professions are most lucrative right now?

i have 6 characters at level 110 on horde side but (i usually play alliance but my friends want to play horde this expansion so i leveled new toons) i haven't leveled their professions yet

what combination of professions should i get for goldmaking?
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

I have 4 110s I can see how easy lvling would be, doesn't take long at all, but I lvled mine cause I find them fun to play and not for gold, though selling bracers has been a good money maker :3

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    which professions are most lucrative right now?

i have 6 characters at level 110 on horde side but (i usually play alliance but my friends want to play horde this expansion so i leveled new toons) i haven't leveled their professions yet

what combination of professions should i get for goldmaking?
    generally farming is good likw ore and herbs are flying off the ah.

other then that making gear from professions was good but now as time goes on its less and less.

44 days IRL for 12 characters is not exactly a long journey, is it? I'm not sure what the purpose of your post is, so I'll just say: congratulations.

12 characters from 100 to 110 = 120 levels.
    Each level takes on average 2 hours = 240 hours.
    240 hours / 44 days = 5,45 hours played per day.

Even if you do the levels faster, it's still quite a few hours played per day, considering your "job" and "wife".
    And this is also assuming all you do is grind to 110, then relog the next character and repeat.
    Zero farming herbs, ores and getting gear on the characters.

Is there some secret method?

Quote Originally Posted by K4sk View Post
    12 characters from 100 to 110 = 120 levels.
    Each level takes on average 2 hours = 240 hours.
    240 hours / 44 days = 5,45 hours played per day.

Even if you do the levels faster, it's still quite a few hours played per day, considering your "job" and "wife".
    And this is also assuming all you do is grind to 110, then relog the next character and repeat.
    Zero farming herbs, ores and getting gear on the characters.

Is there some secret method?
    It's probably less, because apart from the first character, everyone should be kinda rested, so they take less time for levelup. I guess you could even cheese this a bit, by only playing a character when he's rested and switching to another once he's not anymore

I've been cycling through alts and between rested, XP missions, and gathering, it's possible to get them to 110 only completing two zones. It takes about 4-6 hours to clear a zone (for me), including treasures and rares, so that's maybe 12 /played hours from 100 to 110 (significantly less if you're not a completionist). Leveling them one at a time would probably take much longer.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

might be a right place to ask this question - what's the consensus on rares and treasures during leveling? - In WoD that + bonus objectives were my go to leveling method. I did all in Legion on my main as I levelled just to get this done. Should I focus on that as well with alts or forget about and just push through quests?

I daresay if you've played that much you might not have a wife for much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Marani View Post
    It's probably less, because apart from the first character, everyone should be kinda rested, so they take less time for levelup. I guess you could even cheese this a bit, by only playing a character when he's rested and switching to another once he's not anymore
    Rested takes a while to build up. And this is not even factoring in getting friendly with all factions, gearing up, pvp or whatever.

I'm just trying to say that his claim seems a little absurd given he has 60 hours of work plus a wife. He even mentioned he has done quite a bit of pvp etc.

Edit: I just quickly went through all of his characters (according to the signatur, direct armory link) and pretty much all of them got 800-805 ilvl beside maybe 3. So it has pretty much been a case of "ok i'm lvl 110, buy 815 gear from AH then relog to another char"
    Last edited by K4sk; 2016-10-11 at 12:49 PM.

Stood in the Fire Lisa Frank Succubus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm doing this as well, I decided I wanted every class at max. I boosted my rogue and warrior last month but am leveling the others old fashion. What I do right now is get one to 60 then move on to the next one. My hunter hit 60 yesterday and my mage will probably be hitting 60 today then I'll move to catching up my shaman (who's in her early 40s). Its a pretty fast trip to 60 compared to vanilla and BC where I just got my lock to cap but 55-60 is annoying because the only new zone that opens up is Silithus and 90% of the time you get that stupid Blackrock dungeon. Tanks are the easiest to level since you can spam dungeons when you want and if have full heirlooms its pretty easy to survive extra pulls from passive aggressive mages. You pretty much get control of the run and everyone else is like an AI bot. Depending on how good your classes' survival tools and self healing are you don't even need a healer through many of the earlier dungeons.

Only problem is that playing this way has made me really impatient in leveling dungeons on my healer or dps. I try my best to be nice but damn if I don't get annoyed when yet another tank gets lost in Blackrock City when its quite easy to finish and I offer to lead but 7 out of 10 times I get ignored.

60 to 100 isn't bad at all for me because depending on the expansion I'll throw in questing too. For Cataclysm I'm usually 84, close to 85 by the end of Vash and same goes for Jade Forest. I just throw on some podcast in my other monitor and plug away.

Quote Originally Posted by Marani View Post
    Also each level does by no means take 2 hours on average.

How did you manage to do it in 44 days when Legion has only been out for 42?

I leveled four toons at once to 110. Once I did a zone on one character I skipped all text/cutscenes on subsequent characters. And used Conslegion addon for faster leveling. Took a little longer than a week of casual play to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Snackpack View Post
    How did you manage to do it in 44 days when Legion has only been out for 42?
    #triggered

OT: Well, I would say that you've been very busy OP, and I hope you've enjoyed it so far - I know the game is pretty vast. I am like the other 95% of the game, I've leveled one character, progress on that character, and spend just enough time in game to make it work.

I guess, I know this looks odd but, what type of topic are we talking about here?

Well i did my first one in 15 hours in one sitting so all other ones should have been even quicker. But i think at this point in time its not really worth having 12, maybe like 6. Youre behind on many other things too, unless all you wanted to do was farm old dungeons. You could have made a bit of gold too at the start with a few toons

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    I leveled four toons at once to 110. Once I did a zone on one character I skipped all text/cutscenes on subsequent characters. And used Conslegion addon for faster leveling. Took a little longer than a week of casual play to do.
    How does the addon work? does it direct you to the next quests you should go pick up as well? does it make sure you at least hit the story quests in each zone? J/W

Ideally leveling alts i would want to hit all the story quests so i unlock WQ i would think.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornerybear View Post
    How does the addon work? does it direct you to the next quests you should go pick up as well? does it make sure you at least hit the story quests in each zone? J/W

Ideally leveling alts i would want to hit all the story quests so i unlock WQ i would think.
    Conslegion does basically everything. You just follow the arrow and win.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Conslegion does basically everything. You just follow the arrow and win.
    that kinda answers my question, but does it prioritize the zone story completion?