Do I use ayla's stone heart procs on Shattered defenses, or use SD on MS then execute?

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    void cleave need a serious attention, either a buff or revamp

i regreted putting my AP on it, its shit useless

Make it work with WW I'd say.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgrom View Post
    Using fr instead of slam

Ms = 327% weapon damage + 90% for 3 stack fr = 623.2% + 30% for sd = 810.6% for 65 base rage cost = 12.4% weapon damage per base rage spent.

Using slam instead.

Ms = 327% + 30% for sd = 425% + 226% + 226% for slam x2 = 877.1% weapon damage for 60 base rage cost =14.62% base weapon damage per rage spent.

Slam also has a higher tactican chance than fr also. When you don't have sd it's obviously even more weighted towards slam.
    Taken this, what would a rotation would look like? Something like this?

1. Charge
    2. CS
    3. FR (Cooldowns)
    4. MS
    5. Slam x2
    6. FR
    7. (if procced) CS and/or MS

Rinse and Repeat?

/cheers

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    On pull you can fr on charge still as cs is free and you're popping bc straight away so you're not pooling rage.

You also don't use fr at all unless you're about to rage cap or after cs or during bc. You just use slam as much as your rage will allow until you proc tactican, Ms comes off cd.

Was browsing Mythic EN logs.

Went a bit surprised seeing how poorly warrior arms are performing currently.

Is the raid in Myth really not tuned for Arms ?

Deleted
    It actually plays a lot smoother like this too.
    I tried it yesterday for a bit.. It was such a breath of fresh air to not have my wrist hurt after a fight..

Using fr instead of slam

Ms = 327% weapon damage + 90% for 3 stack fr = 623.2% + 30% for sd = 810.6% for 65 base rage cost = 12.4% weapon damage per base rage spent.

Using slam instead.

Ms = 327% + 30% for sd = 425% + 226% + 226% for slam x2 = 877.1% weapon damage for 60 base rage cost =14.62% base weapon damage per rage spent.

Slam also has a higher tactican chance than fr also. When you don't have sd it's obviously even more weighted towards slam.
    You're forgetting the increased MS crit chance from SD. It pushes the value of Focused Rage up.

Quote Originally Posted by Valsh View Post
    You're forgetting the increased MS crit chance from SD. It pushes the value of Focused Rage up.
    Not to mention that it doesn't matter if CS is up when you use FR, if you get a proc before you use that MS that's all increased damage per rage compared to slamming while hoping for a proc, at least during the dry spells.

Deleted
    Using fr instead of slam

Using slam instead.

why did u skip 15% dmg to mortal from artifact and the 30% crit chance from the proc

slam base dmg = 226% + 15%(artifact) = 259.9%
    MS base dmg = 327% + 15%(artifact) = 376.05%

MS + 3 stacks of FR

376.05% + 90%FR = 714.5% + 30%SDdmg = 928.849% +30% SDcrit = 1207.5%

dmg per rage = 18.577
    with dountless = 23.221

MS + 2 slam

376.05% + 30%SDdmg = 488.865% +30% SDcrit = 635.5245% + 519.8(2xslam) = 1155.3245%

dmg per rage = 19.255
    with dountless = 24.07

that only takes into account that you dont get a reset before you hit the second slam because in every other scenario FR (off GCD) should come ahead

also if u have legendary gloves or ring FR comes ahead by miles (dont have any numbers on that) because:

gloves = you are gonna have too much rage almost all the time so you are basically spamming slam and fr
    ring = you are gonna weave free excutes in you rotation which replace one of the slams and because it is free you can then go nuts with fr and slam again

pls correct me if i made any of the calculations wrong or skipped a modifier

Short but probably dumb question as a prot that wants to play arms offspecc occasionally:

If you play the FR build and you built up some stacks, you will use MS on CD when it is up, regardless of CS present or not, right? Or do you want to keep that 3 stacks until next CS is up?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Makuto View Post
    why did u skip 15% dmg to mortal from artifact and the 30% crit chance from the proc

slam base dmg = 226% + 15%(artifact) = 259.9%
    MS base dmg = 327% + 15%(artifact) = 376.05%

MS + 3 stacks of FR

376.05% + 90%FR = 714.5% + 30%SDdmg = 928.849% +30% SDcrit = 1207.5%

dmg per rage = 18.577
    with dountless = 23.221

MS + 2 slam

376.05% + 30%SDdmg = 488.865% +30% SDcrit = 635.5245% + 519.8(2xslam) = 1155.3245%

dmg per rage = 19.255
    with dountless = 24.07

that only takes into account that you dont get a reset before you hit the second slam because in every other scenario FR (off GCD) should come ahead

also if u have legendary gloves or ring FR comes ahead by miles (dont have any numbers on that) because:

gloves = you are gonna have too much rage almost all the time so you are basically spamming slam and fr
    ring = you are gonna weave free excutes in you rotation which replace one of the slams and because it is free you can then go nuts with fr and slam again

pls correct me if i made any of the calculations wrong or skipped a modifier
    Considering that the new rotation DOES use FR -> MS on Tactician procs, the question is not what happens when CS is available rather than when it's not. So when CS is on cd and no Tactician procs, what happens to the DPR of MS and Slam. In that case, Slam is ahead and that's why it's used.

Has this rotation been approved by simming somehow ? it looks weird

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    Latest sim has this rotation:

actions.single=mortal_strike,if=buff.battle_cry.up&buff.focused_rage.stack>=1&buff.battle_ cry.remains<gcd
    actions.single+=/colossus_smash,if=buff.shattered_defenses.down
    actions.single+=/warbreaker,if=buff.shattered_defenses.down&cooldown.mortal_strike.remains<gcd
    actions.single+=/focused_rage,if=(((!buff.focused_rage.react&prev_gcd.mortal_strike)|!prev_gcd.mortal_strik e)&buff.focused_rage.stack<3&(buff.shattered_defenses.up|cooldown.colossus_smash.remains)) &rage>60
    actions.single+=/mortal_strike
    actions.single+=/execute,if=buff.stone_heart.react
    actions.single+=/slam
    actions.single+=/execute,if=equipped.archavons_heavy_hand
    actions.single+=/focused_rage,if=equipped.archavons_heavy_hand

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    Mercer, the one who first posted it on Discord, also posted his sim results and there was a clear benefit.

However, this is NOT always a gain. In my case, when I did try it on simcraft, it netted a 4k dps loss. However I did lack the traits and the relics and the gear. My gear was 840 while Mercer's is 872.

Now that my gear is better, I tried it on Ursoc y-day and it gave me a ~4k increase. However, my results are not definite.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by paul232 View Post
    Considering that the new rotation DOES use FR -> MS on Tactician procs, the question is not what happens when CS is available rather than when it's not. So when CS is on cd and no Tactician procs, what happens to the DPR of MS and Slam. In that case, Slam is ahead and that's why it's used.
    ah thx for clarifying was just confuse why he was adding SD dmg and not crit and saying it was better with SD buff

Deleted
    crit 12%
    haste 13%
    mastery 83%
    versa 2%

Should i focus on mastery or haste to my gear??

Deleted
    On pull you can fr on charge still as cs is free and you're popping bc straight away so you're not pooling rage.

You also don't use fr at all unless you're about to rage cap or after cs or during bc. You just use slam as much as your rage will allow until you proc tactican, Ms comes off cd.
    Ok just to nail it, if CS procs or MS comes off cd we just FR "once" and then MS and just build up FR stacks while in BC or close to rage cap, right?

Atleast that's how I do my rotation right now and it's quite smooth....

/cheers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitelimo View Post
    Ok just to nail it, if CS procs or MS comes off cd we just FR "once" and then MS and just build up FR stacks while in BC or close to rage cap, right?

Atleast that's how I do my rotation right now and it's quite smooth....

/cheers
    Only FR after CS (assuming that leaves you enough rage to MS).
    Apart from this only FR if you are about to rage cap, or during BC