Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Reminder: season premiere tonight at 8pm ET on the CW.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    it was awesome! Tyler Hoechlin did a great job as Superman.

Thoroughly enjoyed it, and they killed off the Kara/Jimmy bullshit... so thats good.
    Hi

Show feels a lot better. I dunno who all they fired and hired, but the quality of writing and story definitely improved.

It definitely felt more Superhero-ish.

Yeah, it was a solid episode. Loved the MISS TESSMACHER!
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    It definitely felt more Superhero-ish.
    i thought it was supposed to be cheaper now? It seems to have taken a step up from last season....

but then it's early days, there were some high effects last season, so we'll see. It looks like there might be some more cast changes too, that cast list is expensive...who do you reckon will go?

I do like the new additions to the team, but I hope it does remain supergirl focused.... it would be cool for that sleeping Kryptonian to be friendly and not a villain - but I guess he will be the arch villain I thought Lex's sister was going to be behind the whole "fake" assassination attempt ... sometimes you can always tell what the character is going to be from the actor they choose - turns out she wasn't, but i'm still suspicious

Overall, it was nice, I'm not sure as nice as last season, but time will tell, glad they are no longer teasing us with "you know who"

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    i thought it was supposed to be cheaper now? It seems to have taken a step up from last season....
    Well it appears they're consolidating sets. I suspect Catco will no longer be a set in a few episodes, plus the new DEO is probably a cheaper set than the cave they used to have.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Well it appears they're consolidating sets. I suspect Catco will no longer be a set in a few episodes, plus the new DEO is probably a cheaper set than the cave they used to have.
    They will probably re-arrange Catco to look like a newsroom, but also the new DEO looks like a slightly redesigned Catco shot from a different angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    They will probably re-arrange Catco to look like a newsroom, but also the new DEO looks like a slightly redesigned Catco shot from a different angle.
    That would probably depend on how portable they made the CatCo set in LA, and whether or not it was cheaper to move it to Vancouver or just make a new set, given that it probably won't be used as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    it was awesome! Tyler Hoechlin did a great job as Superman.

Thoroughly enjoyed it, and they killed off the Kara/Jimmy bullshit... so thats good.
    Yeah im glad they killed that off, they did a bad job casting Jimmy. The actor they got playing him is taller than superman and that isn't how its suppose to be lol.

The guy in the ship could be potential love interest for some actor, hard to say if hes good or bad yet. Hope Lex sister has more air time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Yeah im glad they killed that off, they did a bad job casting Jimmy. The actor they got playing him is taller than superman and that isn't how its suppose to be lol.
    I think its fairly obvious that the Winn guy is pretty much how Jimmy should have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I think its fairly obvious that the Winn guy is pretty much how Jimmy should have been.
    Yeah, he would have made a great Jimmy.

The whole point of "James" Olsen was to have someone who was experienced with the superhero world be there to assist Kara. They couldn't use Supes himself, they weren't directly part of the Berlantiverse yet, and Martian Manhunter being in disguise was a plotline; so they went with a mature, in-the-know Jimmy Olsen.

And besides, at least it ain't as bad as Jimmy Olsen in Batman v Superman.

The whole point of "James" Olsen was to have someone who was experienced with the superhero world be there to assist Kara. They couldn't use Supes himself, they weren't directly part of the Berlantiverse yet, and Martian Manhunter being in disguise was a plotline; so they went with a mature, in-the-know Jimmy Olsen.

And besides, at least it ain't as bad as Jimmy Olsen in Batman v Superman.
    Being more experienced doesn't make you grow a foot taller.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post

but then it's early days, there were some high effects last season, so we'll see. It looks like there might be some more cast changes too, that cast list is expensive...who do you reckon will go?
    Pretty sure Flockhart is going to be guest star rather than regular, hence Kara going to being a Reporter will answer to someone else and all the talk of a life change. I hope she stays attached on some level since she's an important part of the feel. I also noticed no mention of, er, corp guy from last season...

I do like the new additions to the team, but I hope it does remain supergirl focused.... it would be cool for that sleeping Kryptonian to be friendly and not a villain - but I guess he will be the arch villain I thought Lex's sister was going to be behind the whole "fake" assassination attempt ... sometimes you can always tell what the character is going to be from the actor they choose - turns out she wasn't, but i'm still suspicious
    I also assumed she was a bad guy faking, but maybe they're playing with THAT assumption for a real turn...

Also, I think new badguy/force will be er, Cadmus? The lab where daddy is still a prisoner and they just produced Metallo.

Overall, it was nice, I'm not sure as nice as last season, but time will tell, glad they are no longer teasing us with "you know who"
    Last season took a bit to ramp up, these season seems like a much better start to things.

- - - Updated - - -

Specifics don't mean a whole lot in physical appearance for me, but they should have referenced Urkel-like Olsen beefing up, I think.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

I never realized Olsen's height relative to others was an integral part of the character's portrayal. Jimmy Olsen in the original movie series was almost 6 feet tall; are you suggesting the current Olsen is nearly 7 feet tall?

I never realized Olsen's height relative to others was an integral part of the character's portrayal. Jimmy Olsen in the original movie series was almost 6 feet tall; are you suggesting the current Olsen is nearly 7 feet tall?
    It's important to remember that henchmen get half xp, and Superman probably racked up quite the record. By now, Jimmy probably has more hitpoints than most heroes do!
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Jimmy in the original film was 5'10. Which while a stretch is easy enough to make him appear shorter with the character he is portraying. New Jimmy is a completely different character standing at 6'2-6'3 whose character makes him appear larger. That you never realized Olsen's height relative to others was an integral part of the character is your own shortcoming.

Jimmy was supposed to be the everyday guy.. not a underwear model.

Jimmy in the original film was 5'10. Which while a stretch is easy enough to make him appear shorter with the character he is portraying. New Jimmy is a completely different character standing at 6'2-6'3 whose character makes him appear larger. That you never realized Olsen's height relative to others was an integral part of the character is your own shortcoming.
    If you're this upset about a nonexistent height issue, the fact that he's not white must be killing you. That's a real shortcoming.