Quote Originally Posted by ErothTV View Post
    I was checking out tops of Warcraftlogs and I couldn't notice anyone using Six-Feather Fan.

Anyone knows why?
    Like, is it behind Memento of Angerboda? Because 90% of people are using it.
    Sims shows that Six-Feather Fan is still ahead of it, but I still don't know if I should invest in the trinket or just farm MoS all the weekend
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    Nailed it. This is exactly the reason why.
    Isn't there also an issue with Fan clipping FoF? I would think that alone would be reason no one is using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kioga View Post
    Isn't there also an issue with Fan clipping FoF? I would think that alone would be reason no one is using it.
    Blizzard already fixed this issue. Its safe now.

Fan can be dangerous if you trust tab-targeting (if/when it screws me over and targets the next trash pack in M+ just as the fan procs >.<)

Has a nasty habit of proccing on targets as I switch to para them too. Happened tonight on first boss of EoA. My group usually cc caster to use as spear shield and cleave the melee add down. Fan said nope.

I guess these are mainly l2p issues, but I'm kinda looking forward to replacing it hehe.
    Last edited by Hebb; 2016-10-12 at 12:29 AM.

Does the relic section on walkingthewind account for FoF being able to cleave/AoE as well? I have a hard time believing +4 item levels on the RSK relic outweighs FoF relic. My weapon is still at 879 (867 total item level) as I haven't gotten any relics whatsoever. I've been trying to farm DHT and VotW 7 or more for the relics but no luck.

Emerald Nightmare drops the shitty Tiger Palm relic for Storm and RSK or SCK relic for Iron. If I do get those relics would they be better than 15% more damage on FoF? That would be 15% on single target, cleave, and AoE. Seems too good to pass up for a Mythic Tiger Palm relic which is just single target.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oziemaster View Post
    Does the relic section on walkingthewind account for FoF being able to cleave/AoE as well? I have a hard time believing +4 item levels on the RSK relic outweighs FoF relic. My weapon is still at 879 (867 total item level) as I haven't gotten any relics whatsoever. I've been trying to farm DHT and VotW 7 or more for the relics but no luck.

Emerald Nightmare drops the shitty Tiger Palm relic for Storm and RSK or SCK relic for Iron. If I do get those relics would they be better than 15% more damage on FoF? That would be 15% on single target, cleave, and AoE. Seems too good to pass up for a Mythic Tiger Palm relic which is just single target.
    No, it doesnt, because those are single target rankings, which is always applicable, whereas multi target is only sometimes applicable, and why the SCK says (AOE only). There's no merit in ranking them based on AOE since no one will have enough relics to switch them in and out based on the fight.

The chart answers the second question for you. The increase in stats and weapon damage beats out the 5% damage to FoF eventually, for each relic trait its slightly different.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

I have some trouble understanding stat weigths (even after reading the guides), so I wonder if you guys could help me a bit out. SimCraft shows me this:
    Haste ~= Mastery ~= Vers > Crit
    My stats are as following:
    Mastery: 34,42%
    Crit: 28,87%
    Haste: 6,24&
    Vers: 5,13%
    Does this mean that haste and vers are lagging too far behind, and I should let them (mostly vers) catch up to the other stats?
    Last edited by Blofeld; 2016-10-13 at 07:03 AM.
    "Always remember, in a land of fel infused ancient elves, the peasant with a good banish spell is king."

Deleted
    So I just read the article about SEF on walkingthewind, does anyone know if the bugs to abilitys are in simcraft? Asking because no matter how I change my setup WDP is like 30k ahead of serenity in any situation that im simming. In game it seems like serenity does alot more dmg on some fights and SEF is doing more on others, that might be because I currently much better at playing SEF.

I would however want to know if there is any situation where SEF in theory beats out Serenity if both are played perfectly?
    Last edited by mmoca678956ff3; 2016-10-13 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blofeld View Post
    I have some trouble understanding stat weigths (even after reading the guides), so I wonder if you guys could help me a bit out. SimCraft shows me this:
    Haste ~= Mastery ~= Vers > Crit
    My stats are as following:
    Mastery: 34,42%
    Crit: 28,87%
    Haste: 6,24&
    Vers: 5,13%
    Does this mean that haste and vers are lagging too far behind, and I should let them (mostly vers) catch up to the other stats?
    Did you give this a read already?
    http://www.walkingthewind.com/2016/0...ights-and-you/

Edit: From the comments:

October 13, 2016
    Jack

Why is my Simcraft telling me haste is my priority???

my stats are 30% crit, 15% haste, 38% mastery, 1% vers

sim craft results ( Agility=10.02, CritRating=5.87, HasteRating=6.75, MasteryRating=6.63, Versatility=6.62 )

Im really confused

October 13, 2016
    Babylonius

Haste bounces around. You could add 10 haste and see the stat weight become negative. You can mostly ignore the haste weight
    Last edited by ruga; 2016-10-13 at 01:01 PM.

Deleted
    Does walking the wind or wowhead windwalker guid have the correct ability priority? im suspecting walking the wind but i thoguht id check first.

wowhead

Touch of Death
    Whirling Dragon Punch (Talent)
    Fists of Fury
    Strike of the Windlord
    Tiger Palm ( if <4 Chi and about to cap energy)
    Rising Sun Kick
    Chi Wave
    Blackout Kick
    Tiger Palm

walkingthewind

Fists of Fury
    Strike of the Windlord
    Whirling Dragon Punch (If Talented)
    Rising Sun Kick
    Chi Wave
    Blackout Kick
    Tiger Palm

cheers

Do windwalkers have a smooth rotation? Getting kinda tired of Fire mage to be honest. I know Fire mage is powerful as all hell but I just don't enjoy the gameplay. I think I'm more of a melee DPS kinda guy. But I also really like a smooth non proc-dependent rotation.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tachyne View Post
    Does walking the wind or wowhead windwalker guid have the correct ability priority? im suspecting walking the wind but i thoguht id check first.

wowhead

Touch of Death
    Fists of Fury
    Strike of the Windlord
    Rising Sun Kick
    Chi Wave
    Blackout Kick
    Tiger Palm

walkingthewind

Fists of Fury
    Strike of the Windlord
    Rising Sun Kick
    Chi Wave
    Blackout Kick
    Tiger Palm

cheers
    I'm really only seeing one difference, and thats SotW vs WDP, which is really not much of an issue at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WithGhosts View Post
    Do windwalkers have a smooth rotation? Getting kinda tired of Fire mage to be honest. I know Fire mage is powerful as all hell but I just don't enjoy the gameplay. I think I'm more of a melee DPS kinda guy. But I also really like a smooth non proc-dependent rotation.
    To me the rotation feels very smooth, and there are very little procs.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    To me the rotation feels very smooth, and there are very little procs.
    Seconding this.
    While I was playing Ret for 8 years and ran away from it from Legion, just because I couldn't stand it's shit rotation.

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Deleted
    Are ANY of the trinkets in EN any good?

Are ANY of the trinkets in EN any good?
    Yes, the Ursoc trinket is BiS. All others from EN are no good.
    Swankfu
    <Divine Council>
    Illidan - US

So the top parsing WW on warcraftlogs is using the 715 version of the WOD legendary ring because the 15% agility still procs from it. Any thoughts on using it? If it'll get fixed soon I won't bother enchanting it but it seems to provide a pretty significant dps increase..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swankyy View Post
    Yes, the Ursoc trinket is BiS. All others from EN are no good.
    is natures call trinket any good? what does the proc do?

wowhead

Touch of Death
    Fists of Fury
    Strike of the Windlord
    Rising Sun Kick
    Chi Wave
    Blackout Kick
    Tiger Palm

walkingthewind

Fists of Fury
    Strike of the Windlord
    Rising Sun Kick
    Chi Wave
    Blackout Kick
    Tiger Palm

cheers
    Seeing as you can't use WDP with FoF up anyways, that's moot. So then its WDP vs SotW which also doesn't matter much since WDP doesn't use any Chi.

Quote Originally Posted by WithGhosts View Post
    The WW rotation is very smooth and not proc reliant. The only RNG really is getting free Blackout Kicks which are just a minor bonus. You also aren't reliant on long CDs, so something happening mid raid where you have to respect a mechanic won't shatter your DPS. The only downside to the WW rotation is the wait time on TP because of energy regen. The 10-15ish seconds waiting for your FoF to come off cooldown can be a bit underwhelming but at least its static and not RNG reliant.
    Last edited by Rixxis; 2016-10-13 at 10:28 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixxis View Post
    Seeing as you can't use WDP with FoF up anyways, that's moot. So then its WDP vs SotW which also doesn't matter much since WDP doesn't use any Chi.

The WW rotation is very smooth and not proc reliant. The only RNG really is getting free Blackout Kicks which are just a minor bonus. You also aren't reliant on long CDs, so something happening mid raid where you have to respect a mechanic won't shatter your DPS. The only downside to the WW rotation is the wait time on TP because of energy regen. The 10-15ish seconds waiting for your FoF to come off cooldown can be a bit underwhelming but at least its static and not RNG reliant.
    I honestly see sometimes having to wait for enough energy for Tiger Palm as an upside. Bescause it means you're not GCD locked, i.e. you're not instantly losing DPS simply because you couldn't press a button because you had to run out of melee, or you simply took a moment to think about what move to use next.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

10+ Year Old Account
    Thinking of benching my rogue for monk. Been seeing consistent damage in both ST and AoE in WW instead of the RNG-fest of Outlaw's Roll the Bones and the shenanigans needed to make Assassination/Sub work. Thoughts? Thinking of taking said Monk to raiding once he's geared up enough for it. How does WW fare compared to any of the rogue specs for example? WW annihilates them in AoE and cleave it looks like but I haven't seen enough raiding WW's to see what kinda single target they are dishing out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Him View Post
    So the top parsing WW on warcraftlogs is using the 715 version of the WOD legendary ring because the 15% agility still procs from it. Any thoughts on using it? If it'll get fixed soon I won't bother enchanting it but it seems to provide a pretty significant dps increase..
    I just tested this and it is a massive dps increase:
    no ring on dummy: 295k
    715 ring equiped: 330k

on Simcraft it's a 15k dps increase, seems like I got lucky on my test haha.
    Last edited by Syld; 2016-10-14 at 05:53 PM.