Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

October 14th-11:00 a.m. Your class needs you!

Blizzard will be hosting another Q&A stream 11am on the 14th. Lets make an even bigger appearance as a community this time.

Your class needs you now more than ever warlocks. This is our last chance to push for mechanical changes before it's too late.

Affliction is in need of some serious love, Not just affliction but the class' utility and dps as a whole.

- - - Updated - - -

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749675560

Deleted
    Even tho affliction needs alot of love right now, I've seen many post on the official forums speaking only about it.

Way more than DPS numbers the whole class lacks mechanics, utility, and good design. You can make something out of demo and destro, but that doesn't take anything from the fact that we're not a fully done class.

Some talents are shady, Artifacts traits are meh, specs have been homogenized and mostly gutted. Same ressources (shard) same "burst" : Doomguard.

Where is our executes? Gone, Where is our burst? On a legendary item you can only loot in Demo spec.

Where is our interrupt? On a talent sacrificing defense, and has a bloody cast time.

There is so much more to say, but sadly don't get your hopes up, we'll probably be ignored because DK and shamelem are numerically lower than us, and the new devs seem to have their prefered classes set already.

Note: I don't claim we're the only class to have been gutted (hunters for exemple) but i'll let them speak for their cause.

I think if Sac gave us the pet ability like before that would be better, and make Siphon Life baseline. Also give us Shadowfury instead of Howl of Garbage in our talent choices.

I'm generally happy with demo and destro overall. Could be some QoL changes but I really do like both specs (outside of feeling like the class forced to choose between aoe/st for every fight). But I would be happy so long as they address affliction. It should not be relegated to aoe trash only. It's artifact traits do not work for bosses or really even in pvp. It's garbage.

Sure we have seen people come in here talking about topping meters in their raids as affliction, but zero proof. If so they are probably padding on xavius tentacles or something.

It doesn't help that there is no interaction with your dots like there was previously. Siphon life needs to be baseline just to have another dot, especially if absolute corruption is going to be a main ST pick. I like dot management and that talent makes the whole spec feel like a BM hunter. Keep in mind this is solely my opinion and difficult does not equal fun, so I'm not asking to micro manage just to micromanage.

I liked the idea of soul effigy at first. Upon thinking about it, I realize how dumb that mechanic really is. Even if it just spawned trash shadow souls to kill to gain charges it woulf be better. Right now I wonder if it's why they are afraid to make the spec actually do damage.

Also our night hold set bonus is more shards? Am I the only one that feels shard generation isn't the issue? I feel like I'm never getting would for my artifact on bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongosaurus View Post
    I'm generally happy with demo and destro overall. Could be some QoL changes but I really do like both specs (outside of feeling like the class forced to choose between aoe/st for every fight). But I would be happy so long as they address affliction. It should not be relegated to aoe trash only. It's artifact traits do not work for bosses or really even in pvp. It's garbage.

Sure we have seen people come in here talking about topping meters in their raids as affliction, but zero proof. If so they are probably padding on xavius tentacles or something.

It doesn't help that there is no interaction with your dots like there was previously. Siphon life needs to be baseline just to have another dot, especially if absolute corruption is going to be a main ST pick. I like dot management and that talent makes the whole spec feel like a BM hunter. Keep in mind this is solely my opinion and difficult does not equal fun, so I'm not asking to micro manage just to micromanage.

I liked the idea of soul effigy at first. Upon thinking about it, I realize how dumb that mechanic really is. Even if it just spawned trash shadow souls to kill to gain charges it woulf be better. Right now I wonder if it's why they are afraid to make the spec actually do damage.

Also our night hold set bonus is more shards? Am I the only one that feels shard generation isn't the issue? I feel like I'm never getting would for my artifact on bosses.
    Soul effigy is a shitty version of haunting spirits. I am so dissatisfied with it..

Bring back soulswapping, maelific grasp and haunting spirits styled rotation/spells. At least with haunting spirits I wasn't as shard staved as I am now. I was able to maintain haunting spirits 95% + on most boss encounters where as with contagion it's been 70% give or take.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/10#dataset=99

so what are you saying? all 3 of your specs should be in the top10?

Oh maelific grasp, how I miss you.

I still think that the reason people got affliction nerfed to the ground was because of the pvp drain talent on top of the life regen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Septik View Post

We asked for mechanical changes so that it's just not a trash aoe spec.... Get off your high horse. K thnx.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Septik View Post

Destro has the problem that the specc is really strong if you have 2 targets to attack. With Wreak Havoc you nearly double your damage (excluding the math it takes to cast wreak havoc and not talenting into soul conduit and pets/rifts). Soul shard generation is also way better with more targets when you have immolate up.

Then you have single target. Take a look at https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...t=99&boss=1853

This says more than a thousand words. Affliction dead last and Destro basically the fourth worst single target dps specc.

I would simply love for Blizzard to nerf the overperformers (Shadow Priest, Retribution, Enhancer, Fire Mage, Feral) and also change destro (read: change. not buff) to make them stronger on single target, but less amazing on cleave.
    (I am not going to make suggestions here because people get triggered by it)

Logs are a hard thing to read, interpret and truly understand. There are way too many variables.

But remember guys keep it polite and constructive on october 14th ! Let's forward some criticism in a fashionable manner

Deleted
    Basically every dps class in the game, except paladins, have lost utility. I don't think it will change if its part of their moba design for WoW currently.

If UA is to serve as the "nuke" for Affliction, I want it to have an instant damage component at the start, very similar to what Shadow Word Pain functions. With so much focus on bursting priority adds both in raids and Mythic+ dungeons, the lack of a burst is what hurts Affliction the most.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    If UA is to serve as the "nuke" for Affliction, I want it to have an instant damage component at the start, very similar to what Shadow Word Pain functions. With so much focus on bursting priority adds both in raids and Mythic+ dungeons, the lack of a burst is what hurts Affliction the most.
    We already have Haunt for that. Only issue with it is poor scaling, because it gets nothing from Haste or Mastery.

I don't feel like the spec lacks anything specific; it just needs a lot of polish. There's too much extraneous crap which is what bogs it down and creates the ramp up and hurts its adaptability.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    We already have Haunt for that. Only issue with it is poor scaling, because it gets nothing from Haste or Mastery.

I don't feel like the spec lacks anything specific; it just needs a lot of polish. There's too much extraneous crap which is what bogs it down and creates the ramp up and hurts its adaptability.
    Do u play in high-end PVE? Have u been kicked out on ilgynot, ursoc, nythedra, xavius, cenarius?
    This spec lacks everything, especially ST damage and traits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by farza View Post
    Do u play in high-end PVE? Have u been kicked out on ilgynot, ursoc, nythedra, xavius, cenarius?
    This spec lacks everything, especially ST damage and traits.
    I used to, and from what I have played; I just don't feel like the spec lacks actual toolkit. I'm not disagreeing that the spec lacks damage, or that the damage itself doesn't lend itself well to many common situations: that's why I'm saying the extraneous crap holds it back, unnecessarily, and that while tools like Haunt exist, they're not well implemented and therefore not getting used.

For what the poster was asking for, either UA stacking is fine because the add will live long enough or Haunt will. People just aren't using Haunt because of the reasons I gave; principally bad scaling. There's a change on PTR too that adds up front damage exactly as the poster suggested in any case.

The spec would benefit a lot from stripping back and streamlining the plethora of stacking procs without suffering in respect to gameplay.

As much as I am truly falling in love with Wreak Havoc lately, I feel like if Blizzard were to bring it down to maybe 75% transfer but buff ST damage to compensate destruction would be in a good place. Not perfect, but good.

I don't care that I don't do the same DPS as, for example, Fire Mages. I don't care that I am not in the top 3-4 on the boss encounter.
    What I do care more about is a smooth "rotation" where everything just lines up and feels wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I used to, and from what I have played; I just don't feel like the spec lacks actual toolkit. I'm not disagreeing that the spec lacks damage, or that the damage itself doesn't lend itself well to many common situations: that's why I'm saying the extraneous crap holds it back, unnecessarily, and that while tools like Haunt exist, they're not well implemented and therefore not getting used.

For what the poster was asking for, either UA stacking is fine because the add will live long enough or Haunt will. People just aren't using Haunt because of the reasons I gave; principally bad scaling. There's a change on PTR too that adds up front damage exactly as the poster suggested in any case.

The spec would benefit a lot from stripping back and streamlining the plethora of stacking procs without suffering in respect to gameplay.
    Haunt only costs mana and it has a 15sec cooldown, so we still need to spam UA as it's the only ST soul shard spender. I rather they redesign a resource spender to be the hard hitting nuke, since that's their philosophy for the other classes with secondary resource.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Please not again, I'm actually feeling sorry for Ion at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Haunt only costs mana and it has a 15sec cooldown, so we still need to spam UA as it's the only ST soul shard spender. I rather they redesign a resource spender to be the hard hitting nuke, since that's their philosophy for the other classes with secondary resource.
    CD resets when the thing dies (seems a bug too that doesn't reset if the mob dies in flight); if it could refund a Shard as well as reset, that could be cool too; or just make Shard grabbing baseline to DL. It does hit like a truck though, I'm only ~840 geared and it'll crit for 700k regularly with Contagion and Reap Souls up. For these sorts of fights you can also spec Conduit and Drain Soul too to make UA properly spammable. The builds and tools absolutely are there, my main grievance is that it feels balanced around keeping Wrath of Consumption up, and all the other procs, having them drop really hurts. There are just way too many of them and they take too long to build.

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    Logs are a hard thing to read, interpret and truly understand. There are way too many variables.
    One thing that is not too hard to interpret is the number of parses. It's clear people don't play (or don't raid on) Frost/Arcane Mages, Survival Hunters, Affliction Locks, Frost DKs, and Subtlety Rogues.

Now why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Haruk View Post
    One thing that is not too hard to interpret is the number of parses. It's clear people don't play (or don't raid on) Frost/Arcane Mages, Survival Hunters, Affliction Locks, Frost DKs, and Subtlety Rogues.

Now why is that?
    Cuz dey suk