Deleted

Leveling a new alt right now

- level to 110 in 1 day

- Start your artifact research

- get rep for worldquests

- log out of character, log in every few days for Artifact Research

- after 2 weeks, have AP 5-6, now you can actually play the character

- make more AP in a day than you would have made in the 2 weeks of normal playing before

I seriously feel this way. its actually bad for you to do the suramar questline without artifact knowledge 5 or higher. Mythic + is barely a thing after those ""changes"" and farming AP that way with undergeared characters is not longer a thing, especially not as tank or healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or you can just enjoy playing your character/alt without having the best AP research out of the gate

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    But MUH EFFICIENCY!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Or you can just enjoy playing your character/alt without having the best AP research out of the gate
    still feels like fucking yourself over not having certain traits, and the constant knowledge that you can't do suramar. there is a massive difference between 100 AP for each quest and getting 475

15+ Year Old Account
    With Suramar in mind, its a sound gameplan one would think. Except the WQ's you'll miss daily there while waiting for AK will add up quite a bit of lost AP vs what you'll eventually get with the 4-5 AK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    still feels like fucking yourself over not having certain traits, and the constant knowledge that you can't do suramar. there is a massive difference between 100 AP for each quest and getting 475
    I guess if you're trying to level up for raiding on an alt, but I'd guess most alts aren't going to be doing mythic raids, is it that important to sit on them for weeks for the AP research?

10+ Year Old Account
    Or, just have fun with your character.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    I leveled an alt to 110 and am playing as normally while my AK is at 2. I'm at 16 points on my main artifact.

It's not a big deal IMHO.

Unfortunately, I have rerolled twice this expansion so far. Once because I absolutely hated the clunkyness of RET Paladin and the other time because I disliked having to pray to RNGesus and sacrifice a goat every time I wanted to DPS on my Outlaw Rogue. So, now I have hopefully settled into Windwalker Monk as my main for the expansion.

You don't have to sit the character for weeks to make it viable to play. I hit 110 on my Monk Sunday afternoon, worked on Class Hall Quests, WQs and Alchemy/Heroics and finished up the day starting Suramar. Yesterday I finished up Suramar at 3k Honored (Need 5k more REP to unlock Arcway and CoS before I can move on) and I ran Heroics while doing WQs. I ended up last night with 16 Ranks into my Windwalker weapon and 839 ilevel.

Sure I could have sat on the character for a couple of weeks but then I would need to start the gearing/rep process afterwards and I felt that would have stunted my overall growth. Now, if you are just rolling an Alt to play then yes, I agree park that thing, let it's 10 class quests complete and let it build up some AK first. However, if you are crazy like me and want to get back to raiding (Mainly preparing for 7.1) then play it as soon as you level it with no regrets.

If your alt will be your new main, just play it.

Profession quest, WQ everyday, Suramar rep for set xmog, and I like to have a clear map of quest with my maind. So lot of work to do.

If is just an alt, doesn't mater.

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    So just do the minimum in Suramar to get friendly, and save the rest for later. The massive AP gains are near the end of the storyline anyway, you're not screwing yourself nearly as much as you're implying. The "massive" difference you're talking about only matters for the first few dozen of points. Once you reach the point where your next point costs 80 000, then the one after that costs 100 000, then 150 000, etc. that 375 point difference on a handful of tokens becomes irrelevant.

Unless you don't touch your alt at all while you wait for Artifact Knowledge, you'll quickly reach that level simply by doing world quests and emissaries every day anyway. That "massive" AP gain you'll get from doing all of Suramar won't even be enough to give you a full point.

Just play your alt normally. It evens itself out eventually.