Deleted

Ask mr.robot gear? Accurate? Twisting Wind - trinket?

Hello guys,

I would like to ask you about this web page Ask Mr.Robot, that suggests BIS. I am not totally sure it's accurate, because atleast for me, it's showing weird items. I would like to ask you about this specific trinket I just got yesterday from EN, it's Twisting Wind. Ask Mr.Robot tells me, this trinket is 5th best trinket for fire mage and even mythic version of this trinket is supposed to be n.1 trinket for fire mage, but I don´t believe that suggestion at all. I tried this trinket and atleast for me it looks like a horrible trinket - atleast for me it's procing like every 1minute or 1,5minute (not very often), it's DPS is terrible - 10k per hit, not even good for AOE packs, wind traveling path is seriously bad - cycling around the focused target... If I am fighting single target, the wind will hit my target maybe once or twice, the wind than just travels around...The DPS contribution of this trinket atleast for me is like 0.3-0.5%, atleast SKADA tells me so, other trinkets like Devilsaur's Shock Baton are way better, atleast for me.

So...I would like to ask you, is there something I am doing wrong, or am I missing something? What do you think about this trinket, what do you think about Ask Mr.Robot and do you use similar service like ask mr.robot or not? What are BIS trinket options for fire mage or BIS lists for fire mage, because I found only a few, but I dont know if they are updated...

Trinket link - Twisting Wind:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=139323/t...ind&bonus=1807

Deleted
    AMR is not accurate for mages - all research is done with Simcraft and Twisting Wind trinket is total s***. More info here: https://www.altered-time.com/forum/v...php?f=4&t=2611

Deleted
    That trinket is really bad, don't use it at all. Baton 830 is better than mythic version of that trinket

Deleted
    Thank you guys, I would like to ask you one more thing about this trinket (I don't know if I understand it correctly) - Naraxas' Spiked Tongue, link at the bottom. Does this trinket work only for max. range of 20yards, or is the max DMG capped at 20yards and is no longer increasing if I am standing at 40y for example, or is the MAX dmg exactly at 20yards and is decreasing with distance either negative or positive?

Trinket, Naraxas' Spiked Tongue - http://www.wowhead.com/item=137349/n...gue&bonus=1826
    Last edited by mmoc23ed45d30d; 2016-10-10 at 10:12 AM.

Bear in mind that the upgrade advisor for trinkets on AMR relies on you running a sim using their simulator for a gearing strategy and using the results as the gearing strategy.

Twisting Wind was also being suggested as BiS on AMR until I ran a sim and used the results. Now it is properly ranking trinkets as they should be. My 835 shock baton is listed as better than my 850 twisting wind now, by quite a bit. Wriggling Sinew is showing as BiS paired with my 850 Naraxas' Spiked Tongue.

There was a big update with the simulator last weekend. Comparing it's results with simcraft I can see that the AMR simulator matches simcraft almost exactly on every stat weight for my character. The trinket rankings are now working correctly as well if you use their gearing strategy suggested by the simulator.
    Last edited by Shinzou; 2016-10-11 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimihendrix978 View Post
    Thank you guys, I would like to ask you one more thing about this trinket (I don't know if I understand it correctly) - Naraxas' Spiked Tongue, link at the bottom. Does this trinket work only for max. range of 20yards, or is the max DMG capped at 20yards and is no longer increasing if I am standing at 40y for example, or is the MAX dmg exactly at 20yards and is decreasing with distance either negative or positive?

Trinket, Naraxas' Spiked Tongue - http://www.wowhead.com/item=137349/n...gue&bonus=1826
    The damage caps at 20y, but I recall someone mentioning it still does a lot of damage in melee, so it probably floors at like 50% or something.

I'm from Ask Mr. Robot. Shinzou covered a lot of things already, like run your own gearing strategy on AMR, and not only do you get stat weights, but you get a simulation of every single item with a proc. That sim data is used to rank trinkets, it's the most thorough ranking you can get.

There's one thing to note on Twisting Wind. We assume 80% of the cyclones hit the target, based on logs. I went through about 100 logs and found that for small hit-box bosses/bosses that move, 60-70% of cyclones hit the boss. One large hitbox bosses/no movement it was 90-100%. So in the AMR simulator we assume an average 80% hit rate.

@Quetesh About a week ago, I talked to Frosted (simC) about this, he had twisting wind at 50%, based on target dummy tests that resulted in 30-50% hit rates. I shared this data with Frosted at Altered Time but he hasn't updated it in SimC yet. He hasn't had a chance to look through logs. I pinged him just now and he said agreed the 50% in SimC is too low. He's digging into logs himself to see what number he comes up with. This is a good thing, so we have 2 independent sources trying to figure it out, and discussing results.

--update-- After looking at logs I sent over, Frosted updated me a few minutes ago that he is raising the proc rate of Twisting winds in SimC from 50% to 70% to match some of the log data.

So you'll see Twisting Wind ranking slighter higher in AMR, which is modeled after actual log data. Hope that helps!
    Last edited by Zoopercat; 2016-10-11 at 08:30 PM.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

What trinkets between 850 Sinew, 840 Naraxas, 835 Baton 850 horrorslime and 855 plaguehive? (i also have twisting wind but is pure crap..)
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    What trinkets between 850 Sinew, 840 Naraxas, 835 Baton 850 horrorslime and 855 plaguehive? (i also have twisting wind but is pure crap..)
    Sinew for sure, and my guess would be Baton? But it's probably a close call. Sim your setup.