Quote Originally Posted by EvcRo View Post
    what is that amazing level of tech that SC is showing? is a good damn Cry engine mod. everything they show has been already done and with a greater quality. lol. and the funding graphs are fake to keep confidence (like Enron). world is full of idiots but not so many rich people are idiots.
    In the same way that BioShock, Lineage II, TERA, Tekken 7, Mass Effect, etc. are just an Unreal Engine mod.

really?

try again
    Really. On the live stream there was a bug where the Dragonfly cutscene was played twice, the worm disappeared just before the camera pulled back into space, then you got the splatter on the screen, and then it jumped back to the worm sequence. The second pull back sequence did not have the splatter on the screen.

In fact, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuDj5v81Nd0&t=6855s
    You can see the dev console pop up, then the worm shifts into a new location. That is where they cleaned up the video and removed the bugged sequence. Notice the lack of splatter at the end.

Try harder next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So Squadron 42 delayed until...well, delayed. Haven't we already gone through this at least twice now with this alone?

And it looks like they were denying the delay as of a month ago.

I mean, they're still making progress, but hot damn it feels like we hear about delays about as often as we hear about meaningful progress : /
    It was meant to be released this year but they couldnt even show one chapter out of twenty-eight. SC backers must hate it when Derek Smart is right.

what is that amazing level of tech that SC is showing? is a good damn Cry engine mod. everything they show has been already done and with a greater quality. lol. and the funding graphs are fake to keep confidence (like Enron). world is full of idiots but not so many rich people are idiots.
    Already done by whom? Name one game that has done all of this already. Go on, I'll wait.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    It was meant to be released this year but they couldnt even show one chapter out of twenty-eight. SC backers must hate it when Derek Smart is right.
    The only thing to hate is that people keep thinking Derek Smart is something other than a con artist himself. The guy is a fuckin clown who hasn't accomplished shit.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Already done by whom? Name one game that has done all of this already. Go on, I'll wait.

The only thing to hate is that people keep thinking Derek Smart is something other than a con artist himself. The guy is a fuckin clown who hasn't accomplished shit.
    Derek Smart has been not accomplishing shit since long before most people on MMOC were born.

Quote Originally Posted by gman94043 View Post
    Derek Smart has been not accomplishing shit since long before most people on MMOC were born.
    True lol. Even his Battlecruiser 3000AD, which took almost 5 years to make, still ended up being a turd that Take Two flushed out just because they were sick of Smart's delays. Ironic really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Line of Defense. It's a 'better version of Planetside' don't you know!
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

10+ Year Old Account
    there not even using cryengine anymore, how can you be so dense.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Line of Defense. It's a 'better version of Planetside' don't you know!
    Ah yes, of course! Smart's latest offering of grilled abortion meat, that he took down from Steam because people were calling it worse than cancer.

Which is irrelevant to what I said. He stated that an insider told him that there was no chance it would release in 2016, and he was right.

Which is irrelevant to what I said. He stated that an insider told him that there was no chance it would release in 2016, and he was right.
    Literally nobody but idiots are astonished by this. Derek Smart is not some sort of prophet lol.

Literally nobody but idiots are astonished by this. Derek Smart is not some sort of prophet lol.
    He wasn't predicting, he was told by an insider it wouldn't release on time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell, even when EvcRo posted his copy/paste from SA, I was tossing the SQ42 delay into the "generic info" that I mentioned. There was always hope, yes. But no actual expectation that it'd be out this year. Because anyone that has been following this project knows the CR is pretty shit when it comes to release date announcements.

Which in the world of Derek Smart is roughly equivalent to "he was making some shit up and got lucky."

How people are still giving him any shred of credibility is beyond me. He's done nothing but lie and throw tantrums on the internet since the 90s.

10+ Year Old Account
    And he was also told by an insider that CIG would have to close it's doors back in February because they didn't have enough money. And that SQ42 isn't actually on 64-bit, or that the game was vaporware. The dude is a whackjob. Throw enough shit, and it'll eventually stick.

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    or that the game was vaporware
    Well, that most likely ends up being true still, in some form.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Well, that most likely ends up being true still, in some form.
    It's already way past to point to be vaporware. Because stuff already exists.

"va·por·ware - software or hardware that has been advertised but is not yet available to buy, either because it is only a concept or because it is still being written or designed."

"In the computer industry, vaporware (also spelled vapourware) is a product, typically computer hardware or software, that is announced to the general public but is never actually manufactured nor officially cancelled"

There is an actual physical (digital in this case) product. Yes, it is still in development, but it is way past concept and advertisement, and people can actually play it.
    Last edited by masterhorus8; 2016-10-11 at 08:04 PM.

It's already way past to point to be vaporware. Because stuff already exists.

"va·por·ware - software or hardware that has been advertised but is not yet available to buy, either because it is only a concept or because it is still being written or designed."

There is an actual physical (digital in this case) product. Yes, it is still in development, but it is way past concept and advertisement, and people can actually play it.
    "or because it is still being written or designed."

From your own quote.

Yes, after 5 years or so there are some rudimentary prototypes that people can test out most basic of mechanics of promised whole but outside of scripted videos and promises after promises, there's no definitive game. We're still very much in the vaporware period.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    "or because it is still being written or designed."

From your own quote.

Yes, after 5 years or so there are some rudimentary prototypes that people can test out most basic of mechanics of promised whole but outside of scripted videos and promises after promises, there's no definitive game. We're still very much in the vaporware period.
    You're cherry picking dude. You can't take one requirement for that and use it as proof. That's like saying all kids have ADHD because they're hyperactive.

You're cherry picking dude. You can't take one requirement for that and use it as proof. That's like saying all kids have ADHD because they're hyperactive.
    No.. That's the damn definition, I know your kind of lot like to extend it, but to put it shortly, until it's actually released in it's full form, it's on the potential vapourware list.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.. That's the damn definition, I know your kind of lot like to extend it, but to put it shortly, until it's actually released in it's full form, it's on the potential vapourware list.
    Read the rest of my fucking comment. First, you completely ignored the first part "is not yet available to buy", which honestly makes that definition not applicable. But, because "your kind" are so quick to jump on the bandwagon, I realized that I needed a definition that actually fit this scenario, so I grabbed one.

And then about the bolded part. If you want to play it that way, then every single damn game in the future is on the potential list for vaporware, and no one is ever up in arms about them. So do us all a favor and stop your semantics.