Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

The game has never been more polished, but I still can't help but have to force inter

... force interest

+ I'm a casual, always have been
    + A veteran, been playing since shortly after BC launch
    + Don't play every day, so it's not a matter of getting burned out
    + Around 30 years old
    + Every class at or near 100
    + In a guild but don't really participate like I used to in guilds I that was closer to
    + Have a single IRL friend who still plays (a lot more that I do)

I really really want to like this game as much as I used to, because this may be the best it's ever been mechanics and class identity wise (and I say that mostly as a Ret Paladin, apparently one of the more boring specs).

How can I get my "mojo" back? If you've been in my shoes, how did you?

I think you need to take stock of your life, and figure out what works for you.

The differences between me and you:
    I was once a hard-core server first raider.
    I have a child

I play casually, not every day, but I try to raid, and that's what keeps me motivated. I have a friends and family guild, and we raid two night a week. I am late, because of time zones and I have to put my son to bed. I raid 4 hours a week, and I log in when I can.

I found that getting ready for the raid is what motivates me, so I don't drag my group down.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me, being a collector is absolutely working for me, it's an insane source of satisfaction. Works as long as the game is good. It's nearly impossible to complete it, but STILL possible and that's what makes all the difference. Like in real life you're not getting anything worthy unless you work accordingly for your reward.

Deleted
    OP, I totally get it. I'm in the same position, but I don't have a solution for either of us.

Tbh you can't force yourself to enjoy a game imo. It's not a healthy attitude. Keep trying I guess but it sounds like it might be time to move on. I just moved on to Tera and FF14 and I am enjoying myself more than ever personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Legion is clearly the best expansion they've ever put out in a purely unbiased fashion. It's stellar on almost all points.

I also find it incredibly boring and I think the last time I logged in was a week and a half ago. I don't know what it is but Legion feels both totally on point but also entirely bleh at the same time. Maybe WoD just ruined any sort of magic the game can possibly have, at least for me that is.
    I think for me it's the full realization of the gear score treadmill, and not having the time or the desire to "actually" raid for "actual" Tier. Instead I get visually and technically watered down versions of Tier, as found in the WoD LFR raids. Which I understand. I don't want them given to me. The people who put in the time and effort to do so should have that prestige. But it makes me feel very meh to see the aesthetics of the actual Tier, then compare it to LFR Tier.

I think it's also the alt grind. I can't stomach the idea of that AP grind on each one of the classes I have. Unpopular opinion, but account wide AP, period, would be something, or a sort of opt in account wide leveling system. Like per server, so other characters on other servers wouldn't be affected. Neither of which will ever happen. I know.

That and sort of feeling of "what comes next"? Lore wise, our characters are basically the new leaders of their respective class orders. I'm not Tirion but I have Ashbringer. I AM the Ashbringer. I mean, where could we possibly go from here? We can deduce that the expansion will end in victory. As always.
    Last edited by Elsif; 2016-10-11 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Tbh you can't force yourself to enjoy a game imo. It's not a healthy attitude. Keep trying I guess but it sounds like it might be time to move on. I just moved on to Tera and FF14 and I am enjoying myself more than ever personally.
    I play a lot of GTA Online now. So that's something.

Thinking about Skyrim since I never actually played it. Other popular games too. Assassin's Creed, BioShock, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyindor View Post

Thinking about Skyrim since I never actually played it. Other popular games too. Assassin's Creed, BioShock, etc.
    Do it. Branch out play other games and especially play other MMOS. WoW isn't the only one out there worthy of attention in my honest opinion. FF14, GW2, Tera some great MMOs. If you like ARPGS there is a F2P one called Path of Exile.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyindor View Post

MMO's are dead. Play Skyrim and have fun exploring the whole map and finding secrets all over.
    One of the best games.

If you really want to play an MMO try GW2. It's the only other "worth playing" MMO out there.
    Be warned that there is no trinity and have the same endgame problems of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    MMO's are dead. Play Skyrim and have fun exploring the whole map and finding secrets all over.
    One of the best games.
    Debatable. Branching out to other things than WoW like I said imo is a good idea first. FF14 and GW2 might have a lower playerbase for example but still have popularity and good communities.

Do it. Branch out play other games and especially play other MMOS. WoW isn't the only one out there worthy of attention in my honest opinion. FF14, GW2, Tera some great MMOs. If you like ARPGS there is a F2P one called Path of Exile.
    I play D3 too, but also have lost interest (I paragoned, but rebirthed character at start of Season 6). I used to play PoE too.

Deleted
    Debatable. Branching out to other things than WoW like I said imo is a good idea first. FF14 and GW2 might have a lower playerbase for example but still have popularity and good communities.
    I edited my post to talk about GW2 at the same time you quoted. Funny

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I edited my post to talk about GW2 at the same time you quoted. Funny
    Hah timing . But honestly I'd recommend FF14 as well. Amazing community. Was a culture shock coming from WoW to that personally. Same with Guild Wars 2. Has the occasional asshat but both communities are extremely nice and helpful.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-11 at 09:07 PM.

If you reach the point where you need someone else to find that reason for you, then you are better leaving it behind.
    Someone who doesn't have their heart in playing is only dragging down the experience for others they interact with.
    I hope you can find something else that gives you that enjoyment you once had.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    If you reach the point where you need someone else to find that reason for you, then you are better leaving it behind.
    Someone who doesn't have their heart in playing is only dragging down the experience for others they interact with.
    I hope you can find something else that gives you that enjoyment you once had.
    I see where you're coming from, but I don't complain in game. I just keep to myself mostly.

I think friends might help. If my gf played that might help. Shes just too busy herself too.

We'll for me I just try do it ALL. Litterally have such a high standard. Then you rarely run out of content. Collect mounts, make gold, try alts just to learn classes casually, and see if one can get a few more points on achivements.

I don't wanna raid anymore trough, cause it lost all meaning...completely pointless unless you really just like your guild.

Else find other games...I juggle 4-5 games super casual when I dont play WoW. One day I will get 100% complete on GTA 5 even if I haft to force myself to play often lol.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    We'll for me I just try do it ALL. Litterally have such a high standard. Then you rarely run out of content. Collect mounts, make gold, try alts just to learn classes casually, and see if one can get a few more points on achivements.

I don't wanna raid anymore trough, cause it lost all meaning...completely pointless unless you really just like your guild.

Else find other games...I juggle 4-5 games super casual when I dont play WoW. One day I will get 100% complete on GTA 5 even if I haft to force myself to play often lol.
    Something I used to enjoy in WoW was mog farming. The new mog system makes it much much much better. Facerolling old raids on any 100, even with relatively bad iLevel can't be too hard.

The direction of the game took a giant U turn. I don't see anything great about Legion as it comes off as an average expansion. Any average expansion is going to look better than WoD honestly.

I feel the same way, but I know what's killing the game for me; the never-ending RNG boss. I've been a total casual since I gave up serious raiding while I went to college, and now when I want to raid, it's hard to compete with those lucky enough to get extremely high Titanforged gear/Legendaries. I've been taking this expac pretty seriously though, day 1 Level 110, all mythic's cleared every week, 2/7H progression with the group I'm running with, but what really gets me down is while running all this content, I get nothing but base level gear and see nothing but other people rolling, sometimes multiple times in a single instance, near-max ilvl items. After 6 weeks of watching this, it just starts to feel depressing when you can't get anything to roll higher than maybe base+10ilvl. The only thing right now keeping me playing the game after weekly mythic runs is the daily emissary cache and maybe a heroic if I'm feeling up to it... I've even given up with the AP grind until my knowledge gets higher because it's also a never-ending battle trying to progress it to higher and higher traits.
    Last edited by Aflakk47; 2016-10-11 at 09:33 PM. Reason: typo

I feel exactly the same. I feel like Legion is awesome but I can't seem to bother with it.