Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Not a retard either, but keep digging, it might even produce some amusement
    While we're at it, Mechanicus are dumb wrenchbots and coghumpers
    Heretic! ... ok that one was obvious. Burn in the glory of the machine gods holy flamethrowers fulled sacred promethium!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    @Minoan if I am missing something in this statement, mind pointing it out? You are talking about problems with simulations, but we never had a simulator until legion. Are you talking about gear optimization? Optimization and simulation are very different things, and optimizations don't look at GCDs, that's what simulators do.

Also, what trinket reports are you doing that aren't working. Post a couple of report URLs for our simulator and your logs and I will take a look. I want to make sure your sims are setup correctly, as sometimes they take a bit of help to get right.
    this is why ask mr robot simulator is bad https://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simul...8a90f808f345f7 and this http://imgur.com/YEXiGW1 same char

Quote Originally Posted by CptKnusper View Post
    Heretic! ... ok that one was obvious. Burn in the glory of the machine gods holy flamethrowers fulled sacred promethium!
    This one shows some spirit. Come at me with more of your pathetic attacks! Have at you, you grox-loving tin-can, I'll defrag you so hard you'll talk binary for the rest of your life you son of a gak

Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    this is why ask mr robot simulator is bad https://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simul...8a90f808f345f7 and this http://imgur.com/YEXiGW1 same char
    and i actually liked amr till i saw this..

Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    I'm a bit confused here. You're saying AMR is shit because it shows a different number? Did you even take the time to look at what the potential differences are between the two?

I've barely ever touched AMR and only messed around with simcraft back in the day, but even I can tell that the screenshot that you posted of your simcraft results holds very little meaningful information as far as figuring out which is more accurate.

1. You also aren't looking at the fact that the fight lengths are incredibly different in the two sims (450+-20% for AMR, approx 360 for simcraft since your screenshot doesn't show the exact times)

2. Simcraft is using potions and counting shield of vengeance damage, while the ARM sim is not. The combination of the two accounted for 11.1% of your damage in the simcraft results. (311k*.111=34k) 311k-34k=277k which puts the two much closer together.

And I'm sure there's more that I either missed or can't be arsed to put the time in to find. I suggest putting some thought in before you try to shit on something you obviously know nothing about.

Now, I'm not trying to say that one is better than the other or that neither of them has flaws. But your post did absolutely nothing constructive by just saying AMR is shit.
    Last edited by Kelonaar; 2016-10-10 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonaar View Post
    I'm a bit confused here. You're saying AMR is shit because it shows a different number? Did you even take the time to look at what the potential differences are between the two?

I've barely ever touched AMR and only messed around with simcraft back in the day, but even I can tell that the screenshot that you posted of your simcraft results holds very little meaningful information as far as figuring out which is more accurate.

1. You also aren't looking at the fact that the fight lengths are incredibly different in the two sims (450+-20% for AMR, approx 360 for simcraft since your screenshot doesn't show the exact times)

2. Simcraft is using potions and counting shield of vengeance damage, while the ARM sim is not. The combination of the two accounted for 11.1% of your damage in the simcraft results. (311k*.111=34k) 311k-34k=277k which puts the two much closer together.

And I'm sure there's more that I either missed or can't be arsed to put the time in to find. I suggest putting some thought in before you try to shit on something you obviously know nothing about.

Now, I'm not trying to say that one is better than the other or that neither of them has flaws. But your post did absolutely nothing constructive by just saying AMR is shit.
    do you know what avg and mean means if u do then such discrepancy is alarm there is something wrong.. and simcraft options were 300 secs now i put 450 secs and this is what i get https://imgur.com/a/dQ6l6...and its not my fault amr doesnt use pots

@Ianus - you can customize everything about the AMR simulator. If you want to add potions, you can add potions Just adding the war potion increases damage to 294k DPS, for example. https://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simul...bc0f1af18fea94

Without seeing the actual source profile for your SimC report, I can't see what else might be different about the setups.

Also note that SimC assumes 100% usage of shield of vengeance. We don't use it right now, but are putting it in. We looked through logs of the top kills, people are getting on average 2 hits on it on a fight like ursoc. So it's adding about 0.5 0 1.5% DPS. Once we add that in, you'll get another 0.5% to 1.5% DPS bump from that. SimC is using it about 2x more often than it seems plausible in logs. So they will likely come down 1.5% once they update that.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    @Ianus - you can customize everything about the AMR simulator. If you want to add potions, you can add potions Just adding the war potion increases damage to 294k DPS, for example. https://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simul...bc0f1af18fea94

Without seeing the actual source profile for your SimC report, I can't see what else might be different about the setups.

Also note that SimC assumes 100% usage of shield of vengeance. We don't use it right now, but are putting it in. We looked through logs of the top kills, people are getting on average 2 hits on it on a fight like ursoc. So it's adding about 0.5 0 1.5% DPS. Once we add that in, you'll get another 0.5% to 1.5% DPS bump from that. SimC is using it about 2x more often than it seems plausible in logs. So they will likely come down 1.5% once they update that.
    ok that make sense ty for clarification

Just as an fyi: Referring to a single DPS list of trinket sims run by a single character on a single set of equipmentas an official trinket rating chart is utterly retarded. So those of you linking to it constantly should stop. Trinket effectiveness can and will change a lot as you change gear. The smartest choice is to farm them all and keep them in the bank, then resim when you notice your stat weights in simcraft changing around. The ubersmartest choice would be to regularly resim all available trinkets yourself based on your current gear and then go after the best, for example by manually changing items around in simcraft. But that's a pain in the ass to do because you have to fiddle around several bonus and spell ids per trinket based on its item level (so I personally just test the trinkets I already have using the simc addon in wow to export the char).

This is also what amr claims to be doing, but I haven't seen an objective source validate its claims of accuracy etc. (i.e., actually testing the suggested equipment improvements, and see if they really result in the relative up or downgrades the optimizer is suggesting)
    Last edited by stolker; 2016-10-11 at 06:37 PM.

A lot of results vary depending on the trinket too. The crafted trinket for example can provide different levels of crit. One of the past runs, the other ret had way better luck than I did on which one was up during both Crusades. The results will be different, no matter what simulating will tell you. Simulating should be just one of your inputs while deciding what to do with the gear you have and what to pursue.

I agree with stolker. Keep trinkets around, run simulation and most importantly, try them out. Get on a LFR (or use farming runs), record logs and see which works best for each fight.

If you don't have the trinkets, another useful step is looking at other people's logs and see how the trinket behaves in fights and compare with your fights.

Thankfully there isn't a cake recipe for trinkets. It keeps things interesting.

Think i will spend all my luck coins on withered jim this week again...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Stiven View Post
    Think i will spend all my luck coins on withered jim this week again...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    They made it so you can only bonus roll world bosses once a week now

Deleted
    Ok guys, got question. Atm i have 855 FCM and 850 Spiked Counter, but today got also 840 Hunger of the Pack. Is it worth changing SC to HotP? With FCM and SP got 29% crit, 23% haste and 17% mastery, 5% versa. With HotP haste goes down to 20% and crit to 32%. I am not good at simulations so need some help/advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Erialis View Post
    Ok guys, got question. Atm i have 855 FCM and 850 Spiked Counter, but today got also 840 Hunger of the Pack. Is it worth changing SC to HotP? With FCM and SP got 29% crit, 23% haste and 17% mastery, 5% versa. With HotP haste goes down to 20% and crit to 32%. I am not good at simulations so need some help/advice.
    download simulationcraft and sim it yourself. 'i am not good at it' is absolutely not an excuse. a baby could do it, and you're just too lazy to spend the 15 minutes learning how to do it yourself.
    Last edited by stolker; 2016-10-12 at 02:24 PM.

Any opinions on how good the timewarped shard of contempt is? I haven't had a lot of luck with trinkets outside of Withered J'im's, so I was just using one of the random WQ ones with str/stat. The new stats on shard of contempt are +965 haste and a proc for 3,405 attack power for 20 seconds. When I try to run my character through simcraft, it uses the stats of the original shard which are significantly lower, obviously. Should I use this or just a normal str/haste trinket? They would both put me at about the same amount of haste so I guess it comes to down to flat strength versus the proc (a proc that I don't know the internal cooldown for). Any opinions? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stolker View Post
    download simulationcraft and sim it yourself. 'i am not good at it' is absolutely not an excuse. a baby could do it, and you're just too lazy to spend the 15 minutes learning how to do it yourself.

Thread: Legion - Assassination Discussion
    by stolker

Replies
    Views

Is the icy veins guide still good for current assasination?

Why didn't you Sim it instead of asking? You could've done that and compared.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

@Erialis You can use Ask Mr. Robot's simulator, which has a very nice UI and is super easy to use. Go here: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simulator/run

I have a 2 minute video that demonstrates how to compare 2 items in about 60 seconds. You can do the same with talents or anything you want. Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWV6...ature=youtu.be

You don't have to download anything - it's all done on our web servers. And you don't have to login or anything for these types of simulations either. Hit me up with questions!

Deleted
    Ty. Done what you suggested and got my answer. At least some ppl still are helpful and can understand others problems.

Awesome, glad you found it easy (I am guessing?) - If you have any feedback send me a DM. I'm always looking for first-time users to help me figure out what might have been easy or not easy, confusing, etc.

I need some insight on my trinket choice guys. I've been rolling with 2 trinks both 850, with stg and crit. But now i have 840 chrono shard and Nature's Call from Cenarius. I kinda prefer trinkets with fixxed stats instead of proc ones, but what u guys think about the shard and nature's call? Should i start using them and loose that much crit and stg?