LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyindor View Post
    ... force interest

+ I'm a casual, always have been
    + A veteran, been playing since shortly after BC launch
    + Don't play every day, so it's not a matter of getting burned out
    + Around 30 years old
    + Every class at or near 100
    + In a guild but don't really participate like I used to in guilds I that was closer to
    + Have a single IRL friend who still plays (a lot more that I do)

I really really want to like this game as much as I used to, because this may be the best it's ever been mechanics and class identity wise (and I say that mostly as a Ret Paladin, apparently one of the more boring specs).

How can I get my "mojo" back? If you've been in my shoes, how did you?

Here are the steps for getting the mojo back:

1) don't read forum threads talking negatively about the game. As long as you enjoy the game that is all that matters, other peoples negativity can just bring you down even if you otherwise would not have been.

2) play with people, find friends online or in real life and play with them. Having at least a small social circle increases the enjoyment from everything you do in game.

3) take a break, come back to the game and it feels fresh, I have been doing this since vanilla and it works for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Same position here. I still love the story, but would be happier if they finished up the Legion/Old God stuff so we can move on to Warcraft IV.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    The direction of the game took a giant U turn. I don't see anything great about Legion as it comes off as an average expansion. Any average expansion is going to look better than WoD honestly.
    I feel like thought while the game has gotten much more polished, it's sort of in an artificial or superficial way, with no actual character or quirks or flaws.

You're right it's light years different than say the WoW of the Vanilla era 60 Pally mount quest (which now that I think about it was basically a Legendary tier series of quests), but that was substance. Game was far from perfect. End game inaccessible to the majority. Boring even. And yet all of that added character ... to your character. It was a motivator to improve your character and stick with him or her.

I feel like thought while the game has gotten much more polished, it's sort of in an artificial or superficial way, with no actual character or quirks or flaws.

You're right it's light years different than say the WoW of the Vanilla era 60 Pally mount quest (which now that I think about it was basically a Legendary tier series of quests), but that was substance. Game was far from perfect. End game inaccessible to the majority. Boring even. And yet all of that added character ... to your character. It was a motivator to improve your character and stick with him or her.
    Legion is a sterile experience, because they took away a lot of player choice like for example to tackle harder content, easier content or even make mistakes with your talent builds or experiment to find a hybrid build. Sure it is polished compared to WoD but what choices are left as you pull the RNG lever over and over again? You are paying for a movie experience at this point and not really participating but hitting the cruise control button through the "story" .

That is why people felt Cata was on "rails" because player choice didn't really matter in that expansion either.

you cant reaally - the game has changed and you have changed - wow was phnomenon for many because it fit right into good time/era of their life - but life has moved on and you wont get it back

simple as that.

lets be honest here - legion should be last wow expansion and most people know it - blizzard should just cut the storyline and release warcraft 4 - and after that work on wow 2

anything else will feel exackly the same as wod and legion did -12 years is enough for this game - time for warcraft 4.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Hah timing . But honestly I'd recommend FF14 as well. Amazing community. Was a culture shock coming from WoW to that personally. Same with Guild Wars 2. Has the occasional asshat but both communities are extremely nice and helpful.
    this happens when mods of game arent pussies like wow mods only do their job and ban/perma ban toxic people and clones of recount .
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2016-10-11 at 09:42 PM.

I've really enjoyed Legion, and think it's definitely one of the better xpacs, and I've played since Vanilla. With that said, I'm older now, have responsibilities, and as much as I'd love to just invest all my time into a video game, and not worry about real life, it's not realistic. For me it's hard to enjoy a game I can't fully invest myself in. I've been enjoying overwatch since you can pick it up, and jujst stop whenever.
    http://sigs.wowittaja.net/pixel.png

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you cant reaally - the game has changed and you have changed - wow was phnomenon for many because it fit right into good time/era of their life - but life has moved on and you wont get it back

simple as that.

lets be honest here - legion should be last wow expansion and most people know it - blizzard should just cut the storyline and release warcraft 4 - and after that work on wow 2

anything else will feel exackly the same as wod and legion did -12 years is enough for this game - time for warcraft 4.

- - - Updated - - -

this happens when mods of game arent pussies like wow mods only do their job and ban/perma ban toxic people and clones of recount .
    Kind of true here is a prime example from Guild Wars 2 of what the GMs did to a player they banned.

Different angle to your question.

One of the major changes we have seen since the early days of wow is the degradation of the social experience in WoW. Back in the day, we were forced into interacting with people and many of us probably had lots of different people we would play with; guildies, irl friends, family etc.

My question to you then is, back when you enjoyed wow who were you playing with? Do those people still play? Who do you play with now?

Deleted
    ... force interest

+ Around 30 years old
    + In a guild but don't really participate like I used to in guilds I that was closer to

I really really want to like this game as much as I used to, because this may be the best it's ever been mechanics and class identity wise (and I say that mostly as a Ret Paladin, apparently one of the more boring specs).

I think you should try FF14, really. It's pretty "oldschool", but you somehow need to endure the lower levels before it gets really fun to play.
    Boss encounter in FF14 are simply the best, by *far*.
    Sounds like WoW is "dead" for you and maybe, playing something like FF14 will tell and show you what you like in WoW - and what not. Or why you should play WoW - or not.
    The community is super beginner friendly (and the game itself super casual friendly unless you want to min-max) and you can start your journey alone. It's always more fun with additional people though .
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-10-11 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Legion is clearly the best expansion they've ever put out in a purely unbiased fashion. It's stellar on almost all points.

I also find it incredibly boring and I think the last time I logged in was a week and a half ago. I don't know what it is but Legion feels both totally on point but also entirely bleh at the same time. Maybe WoD just ruined any sort of magic the game can possibly have, at least for me that is.
    For me it's a combination of a few things:

1) It may sound weird but for some reason I feel if the zones were more whimsical I'd enjoy them more. They're okay, I don't hate them or anything. I just don't really like them that much.

2) No one, I mean literally no one in my guild came back to even try Legion. The lack of all my friends I played with not being there brings down my experience cause playing with them made the game a lot more fun no matter the state of the game. That part is a bit on me though to find an active guild.

3) One other very important aspect is missing for me as well is the feeling of OH! I wanna go to this zone, at this spot cause it looks cool and is fun to farm. When I go to a zone now, I go there for a quest, not for the enjoyment of the zone itself.

I had the same experience at the end of pandaria.
    At that point I had to find an honest answer to this question: what did lure me into this game in the first place?
    I realised it was not gearing or end game or pve races or any of the activities that consumed most of my time. It was the gates of ironforge. It was the world itself.
    At that point I started taking game less seriously and put more emphasis on personal exploration goals. Game has been much better to me since then, I even enjoyed WoD a lot.
    If you can answer this question maybe you can find your mojo as well.
    Last edited by HumbleDuck; 2016-10-11 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kencaid View Post
    Different angle to your question.

One of the major changes we have seen since the early days of wow is the degradation of the social experience in WoW. Back in the day, we were forced into interacting with people and many of us probably had lots of different people we would play with; guildies, irl friends, family etc.

My question to you then is, back when you enjoyed wow who were you playing with? Do those people still play? Who do you play with now?
    There was a guild I was in around the start of my time. Late BC, early Wrath. Vent, bullshitting in dungeons, not taking it too seriously, progressing together casually. Moved on, lost touch.

Or another guild around that same time. Similar dynamic. Also met a girl I clicked with, went to visit her, and enjoyed myself, let's say. Not really about her so much as it was about her and everyone else. Still talk to her but she doesn't play anymore.
    Last edited by Elsif; 2016-10-11 at 10:11 PM.

... force interest

+ Around 30 years old

If you have to force yourself to play any game than it just isn't worth playing that game anymore... especially if that game has a subscription fee.

If you want to get your mojo back...suspend your account, play some other games for a while and wait to see if you ever feel the desire to resub.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    If you have to force yourself to play any game than it just isn't worth playing that game anymore... especially if that game has a subscription fee.

If you want to get your mojo back...suspend your account, play some other games for a while and wait to see if you ever feel the desire to resub.
    That seems to be the consensus.

While it's true I am a casual and always have been, it's been largely on/off as well. Months at a time without it.

So while usually what I do, but this time it feels different. It feels deeper.

Deleted
    You're all getting old and burned out of WoW. I'm enjoying Legion, but not as much as I enjoyed the game up to WOTLK. It's an over 10 years game. It's unrealistic to think you'd enjoy it forever. There are thousands of games out there, go play something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Yeah, don't force yourself to play any game OP, if you're logging in and it feels like a JOB.. Don't log in, unsub, just walk away and come back in 50 years. At least by then we can expect some content patches AM I RIGHT OP AM I RIGHT>!?!?! )))))

No really though, Leg is fun, I r8 8/8 m8

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hewhoknows View Post
    You're all getting old and burned out of WoW. I'm enjoying Legion, but not as much as I enjoyed the game up to WOTLK. It's an over 10 years game. It's unrealistic to think you'd enjoy it forever. There are thousands of games out there, go play something else.
    More like Jaded, a lot of people aren't getting burned out, they are Jaded because the game doesn't cater to them (IE: Flying, Free Loot, Complaining, Balance) I mean, what is this world coming to ^_-

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Yeah, don't force yourself to play any game OP, if you're logging in and it feels like a JOB.. Don't log in, unsub, just walk away and come back in 50 years. At least by then we can expect some content patches AM I RIGHT OP AM I RIGHT>!?!?! )))))

No really though, Leg is fun, I r8 8/8 m8
    Kara looks super fun. Actually excited about that.

It's ok to not like a game, just stop playing if you don't enjoy yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Legion is clearly the best expansion they've ever put out in a purely unbiased fashion. It's stellar on almost all points.

I also find it incredibly boring and I think the last time I logged in was a week and a half ago. I don't know what it is but Legion feels both totally on point but also entirely bleh at the same time. Maybe WoD just ruined any sort of magic the game can possibly have, at least for me that is.
    jesus christ not biased at all ye? ... Its not, you can always say that its one of the best but not the best.

Unfortunately blizz gave WoD to people and with legion they improved a lot of things and people went from having the shittiest expac ever to an average one but still think its the best because they used to be in shit.

For the OP: You can't get it back. Its an old game and you have grown up and away. I have the same issue I can't seem to like the game anymore, maybe for the 1st month of each expansion but after that the game gets extremly boring for me. I think most of the people that play this game since the start or for many years that turned from 20s to 30s etc have the same issue.

Don't look at players like Sco, I think he is doing it more for the community of it in reality. If you ask him he will probably say that he still plays purely because he is top at what he does and of course he won't leave that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    For me, being a collector is absolutely working for me, it's an insane source of satisfaction. Works as long as the game is good. It's nearly impossible to complete it, but STILL possible and that's what makes all the difference. Like in real life you're not getting anything worthy unless you work accordingly for your reward.
    Same here, hunting achievements, mounts, pets, toys really keeps me in the game. Ofc I also play the actual content, but as a casual tank.

I play a lot of GTA Online now. So that's something.

Thinking about Skyrim since I never actually played it. Other popular games too. Assassin's Creed, BioShock, etc.
    Last year I finally got me a good computer, and I took a break from WoW to play a whole a bunch of games that I couldn't play on my crappy laptop, like AC Black Flag, AC Rogue, Shadow of Mordor, GTA V, Bioshock Infinite,...

Totally worth it, and when I got back to WoW I had all of the new content to play through.
    Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE | Intel Core i9-9900k | 32GB RAM DDR4-3200 CL16 | ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER