Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    It's ok to not like a game, just stop playing if you don't enjoy yourself.
    Noooooo it's part of my identity!

Semi /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyindor View Post
    Kara looks super fun. Actually excited about that.
    I agree, and even if I am not needing the loot by that point: I will still have fun for sure

10+ Year Old Account
    ... force interest

+ I'm a casual, always have been
    + A veteran, been playing since shortly after BC launch
    + Don't play every day, so it's not a matter of getting burned out
    + Around 30 years old
    + Every class at or near 100
    + In a guild but don't really participate like I used to in guilds I that was closer to
    + Have a single IRL friend who still plays (a lot more that I do)

I really really want to like this game as much as I used to, because this may be the best it's ever been mechanics and class identity wise (and I say that mostly as a Ret Paladin, apparently one of the more boring specs).

How can I get my "mojo" back? If you've been in my shoes, how did you?
    Interests change... its not a big deal.

For the past 3 xpacs my little brother buys it powers through leveling to get to cap, has very little to do (or few people to do it with) and then he quits and comes back for a month during the last content patch.

Finding a guild that actively participated in RBG was about as close to "all my RL friends playing" as I have gotten in a long time. I suspect if I put forth the effort to find a guild that actively raided I would get a similar experience.

YOU have to put forth the effort though. At the age of 30 (my age too) you begin to question if that effort is best spent elsewhere... so I totally get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Interests change... its not a big deal.

For the past 3 xpacs my little brother buys it powers through leveling to get to cap, has very little to do (or few people to do it with) and then he quits and comes back for a month during the last content patch.

Finding a guild that actively participated in RBG was about as close to "all my RL friends playing" as I have gotten in a long time. I suspect if I put forth the effort to find a guild that actively raided I would get a similar experience.

YOU have to put forth the effort though. At the age of 30 (my age too) you begin to question if that effort is best spent elsewhere... so I totally get it.
    I've never been *too* introverted, but in a binary world I definitely wasn't extroverted. I've become even less introverted as time goes on too.

I was semi joking earlier in this thread where for a long while WoW was arguably the primary form of regular entertainment in my life. A hobby even. To the point it was part of my identity.

Now I think my identity is changing. And that's a little strange to deal with. It's probably a good thing, and not to get too real, but it's like part of me is dying.

im in the same situation, legion sounded amazing on the paper, but somehow im able to find a problem with basically everything in the game, and i think it all boils down to the 7.0 class changes which made me lose interest in my main.

Quote Originally Posted by pmkaboo View Post
    im in the same situation, legion sounded amazing on the paper, but somehow im able to find a problem with basically everything in the game, and i think it all boils down to the 7.0 class changes which made me lose interest in my main.
    I understand the ability pruning in theory. I understand the class identity improvement in theory. But yes, something still feels off.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play a lot of GTA Online now. So that's something.

Thinking about Skyrim since I never actually played it. Other popular games too. Assassin's Creed, BioShock, etc.
    I recommend The Witcher 3, you can easily sink 100hours+ into that game, awesome story and side quests.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Thessik-Irontail View Post
    Here are the steps for getting the mojo back:

1) don't read forum threads talking negatively about the game. As long as you enjoy the game that is all that matters, other peoples negativity can just bring you down even if you otherwise would not have been.

2) play with people, find friends online or in real life and play with them. Having at least a small social circle increases the enjoyment from everything you do in game.

3) take a break, come back to the game and it feels fresh, I have been doing this since vanilla and it works for me.
    This.

1. The negativity over the game makes me barf, mainly cause it isn't completed yet in terms of patch content. You're still fine.

2. Hanging with friends always makes the game feel more alive, mainly doing arenas with them and all that,

3. Taking a break is usually a good sign as well, since you won't feel burnt out when doing something.

Also, if you do have a beta, don't burn yourself from that as well. I see many triggered Legion haters rant mainly cause they were burnt out, cause they played beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    I recommend The Witcher 3, you can easily sink 100hours+ into that game, awesome story and side quests.
    That's one of the other ones. Couldn't think of it.

Also trying to get on the Kerbal hypetrain.

Battlefield 1 is due out shortly

I have returned to the game for the first time since 4.3, the game is incredibly thinned out in the context of characters, abilities etc. The majority of my hunters spellbook is gone, literally. I have always enjoyed working the economy and playing the auction house.

Bizarrely the thing I've always hated the most in WoW (as i'm an end game player) is levelling, however i'm on my 6th class in Legion. However a lot of QoL changes need to be made to help our aid for alts to be viable.

There's a lot to do on your character - which is a good thing, but it just needs to be a bit more accessible on alts.

Overall I do think Legion is a good expansion, but a bit too RNG dependant on items and the legendary thing I think is very poorly implemented.

Edit : It has helped massively that I got two friends in the game with me also, one new player, one returning. For me, the people I play with tend to be the main reason I have enjoyed certain games (mostly MMO's). Shooter games I prefer to solo carry and enjoy at my own leisure.

You've been playing this game for around a decade.

How many other things were you doing at 20 that you're still doing at 30 ? Of those things, how many are the exact same ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Drugs are always the answer, everything in life is more fun and intense with hard drugs!

Its probably growing up, i played this game since vanilla had a break in cata, i have raided in every expansion been a blast now i got a job that prevents me from comitting to raiding and without raiding i just find the game lackluster to be honest and flying has nothing to do with it, would be just as lackluster with flying looking at you mafic.

We must face reality growing up sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    You've been playing this game for around a decade.

How many other things were you doing at 20 that you're still doing at 30 ? Of those things, how many are the exact same ?
    More introverted, less secure at 20. Didn't go out out as much. Like nightlife.

WoW is a game designed for multiplayer co-op play. It sounds like you're just not involved with guilds like you used to be and have few social ties to the game.

That's likely your issue. WoW is a game best played with friends, so if all of yours have moved on then things just aren't going to live up to your old heydays.

It's the people you play with that make the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    WoW is a game designed for multiplayer co-op play. It sounds like you're just not involved with guilds like you used to be and have few social ties to the game.

That's likely your issue. WoW is a game best played with friends, so if all of yours have moved on then things just aren't going to live up to your old heydays.

It's the people you play with that make the game.
    Fair assessment, and probably true.

LFR just doesn't cut it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Legion is clearly the best expansion they've ever put out in a purely unbiased fashion. It's stellar on almost all points.

I also find it incredibly boring and I think the last time I logged in was a week and a half ago. I don't know what it is but Legion feels both totally on point but also entirely bleh at the same time. Maybe WoD just ruined any sort of magic the game can possibly have, at least for me that is.
    It's not the best expansion. It's good but it's not the most cohesive and strongly themed. I think WOTLK and TBC were better. Would they be better now? Maybe not. But at the time as this is how to guage, they were better. There is a lot to do in Legion but it's a bit quantity over quality.

One of the things that really, really annoys me about Wow is how they abandoned PVP. I am an absolutely terrible PVP player but I am on pvp server and the one thing I loved to do was to occasionally switch off from the pve world and go fo AV, the BG in Wotlk, just go lose myself for hours in it and try and get that staff and things like that. Now, there is nothing like that.

And PVE feels a bit lacking, it's hard to pintpoint but there is as ever, too much loot flying around and not enough reason to go on a good ol grind, the amount of BOE is just major lacking from a MMORPG, it's all about the BOP. And I really hate that and it kills the game for me.

Great expansion but not the best, no way. Being limited is something that can create moments.

Dont be afraid,take a break or just say to yourself "I don't want to play WoW today."Force yourself to do something will only make you hate it.Its a game,you should enjoy it.

I felt the same once.I barely logged to play WoW and never felt like doing so.So i stop,i played other games,in my case.LoL,Pokémon,modded the fuck out of my Skyrim (4 times) in the end i was able to come back and enjoy the game once more.

Find other games,Moba,FPS,Card Games,RPGs.There are tons of other games to choose.
    I suggest try modding games,Skyrim,Fallout4,Oblivion and so on.

If you don't feel like playing games,watch series,read books(If feel like trying you can try,Fanfics,manga or animes.)

When you less expect you will have a urge to come back to WoW.And maybe find another hobby.

Like some people said above me.Search for people that can play with you,is also a alternative,but my tips is mostly for single players.
    Last edited by Darktbs; 2016-10-11 at 10:57 PM.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never been *too* introverted, but in a binary world I definitely wasn't extroverted. I've become even less introverted as time goes on too.

I was semi joking earlier in this thread where for a long while WoW was arguably the primary form of regular entertainment in my life. A hobby even. To the point it was part of my identity.

Now I think my identity is changing. And that's a little strange to deal with. It's probably a good thing, and not to get too real, but it's like part of me is dying.
    There are times that I feel like playing WoW is like being with a partner you don't really like. Yes you guys are faithful, yes you still have sex, but in all honesty you could probably go your separate ways and be perfectly fine, but you stick together just because you've been together so long.

I don't feel that way currently... I am enjoying legion and am actually considering being a little more active this xpac. But there have been times.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The game is at an all time high at the moment, but after playing it for 12 years I feel like I'm getting detached from the enjoyment of playing it.

But I know that it is myself that is just getting bored after such a long time thus I don't get on the idiotic hate bandwagon many people do.