Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Is BM being punished?

To do low dps because of it's insane mobility?
    Don't you think that Blizzard is thinking "Well they have unlimited mobility, so their dps should suffer because of it"?

I'm starting to think so.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, if you look to what they said about Death Knights being highly inmobile and to compensate they should do more damage when they get close to their target, you'd assume a high mobile class would do less damage.

But yea, Death Knights suck regardless, and highly mobile classes, such as Demon Hunters and Monks, are doing some of the best DPS. Blizzard is talking out of their ass. They're just lazy. Tweaking numbers isn't hard, certainly not with thousands of parses providing more than enough insight.

A more justified approach would be: you do less DPS, because you have four buttons in your rotation. But yea, it doesn't matter what they say, because even after 12 years, they still can't properly balance their game. And it really seems like they can't even be bothered with it.
    Last edited by Statix; 2016-10-12 at 12:28 PM.
    Statix will suffice.

BM is fine. Short range cleave is fine. Single target is competitive at 26 traits and good single target relics.

I read somewhere a while ago that blizz's philosophy on bm vs. mm is basically that bm gets the cool pets, mm gets the dps/raid spec. BM doesn't get to have awesome pets AND the best dps. Why would anyone choose MM if that were the case? Which is why mm usually better for raiding than bm. I know I'd like to be able to use all the rares and spirit beasts I've tamed over the years, but I raid, so I'm MM. Sure bm can be competitive, but all things being equal, mm will be the better spec for raiding. I know I beat our bm hunter even though he's better geared. And if you look at logs, it's mm.

warcraftlogs DOT com/statistics/10#difficulty=4
    Last edited by adamaj; 2016-10-11 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adamaj View Post
    I read somewhere a while ago that blizz's philosophy on bm vs. mm is basically that bm gets the cool pets, mm gets the dps/raid spec. BM doesn't get to have awesome pets AND the best dps. Why would anyone choose MM if that were the case? Which is why mm usually better for raiding than bm. I know I'd like to be able to use all the rares and spirit beasts I've tamed over the years, but I raid, so I'm MM. Sure bm can be competitive, but all things being equal, mm will be the better spec for raiding. I know I beat our bm hunter even though he's better geared. And if you look at logs, it's mm.
    Where did you read that? That makes no sense. One gets to look "cool" and the other gets more damage?

warcraftlogs DOT com/statistics/10#difficulty=4

I think that you misread that, I don't remember it but feels like they said "MM Hunter will do more damage from their weapon meanwhile a BM Hunters damage will come more from the pet." ?

Deleted
    Yes.

/tencharacters

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyzer View Post
    To do low dps because of it's insane mobility?
    Don't you think that Blizzard is thinking "Well they have unlimited mobility, so their dps should suffer because of it"?

I'm starting to think so.
    Yeah, probably. It's also a really simple spec to pick up and do well with so maybe they feel like it needs to be... pretty damn bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    Well, if you look to what they said about Death Knights being highly inmobile and to compensate they should do more damage when they get close to their target, you'd assume a high mobile class would do less damage.

But yea, Death Knights suck regardless, and highly mobile classes, such as Demon Hunters and Monks, are doing some of the best DPS. Blizzard is talking out of there ass. They're just lazy. Tweaking numbers isn't hard, certainly not with thousands of parses provide more than enough insight.

A more justified approach would be: you do less DPS, because you have fout buttons in your rotation. But yea, it doesn't matter what they say, because even after 12 years, they still can't properly balance their game. And it really seems like they can't even be bothered with it.
    This.

It is ridiculous how they still can't balance the game after all this time.

Deleted
    First of all BM damage is not that bad.. far from the best for sure.. once you get 26th talent your st gets a lot better and you have the best aoe in the game imo

Second i have played enhance shaman and Marks i think its hilarious people say how BM is so easy so it can't have good damage.. those 2 specs have huge damage and cleave but the rotations are also easy

Quote Originally Posted by teverin View Post
    Where did you read that? That makes no sense. One gets to look "cool" and the other gets more damage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyzer View Post
    I think that you misread that, I don't remember it but feels like they said "MM Hunter will do more damage from their weapon meanwhile a BM Hunters damage will come more from the pet." ?
    I don't remember, it was a long time ago. But it makes sense to me. BM does get awesome pets that do special things. Think what you want, but my statement is backed up by reality and logs going back years.

I don't remember, it was a long time ago. But it makes sense to me. BM does get awesome pets that do special things. Think what you want, but my statement is backed up by reality and logs going back years.
    I mean, in a raid setting there is nothing a BM pet does that another 3 or 4 classes can't do already, so giving them lust, battle rez, a heal, etc, instead of dps seems silly.

I play BM for 5m content and it performs incredibly well with AoE and burst single target, which is all you need really. I wouldn't raid with it though simply because 1: MM is better for prolonged ST and cleave with spread out targets and 2: pets can be retarded sometimes. I don't think any of the Hunter specs are massively entertaining but my god BM is so so dull compared to the others.
    I remember you... In the mountains

10+ Year Old Account
    That is simply not true anymore. MM and SV pets can also now do things like battle rez and bloodlust. The only thing BM hunters can do is have spirit mend, which is kinda useless for raids. That does not mean they should do less damage because of it.

As someone who loves ranged mobile specs and strongly supported the fully-mobile designs of BM and Survival in past expansions:

Yes, there is a mobility tax. Fully mobile specs should do less DPS than immobile specs: they compete when movement comes into play. That makes sense and is good design, and is proven to work. Hunters have typically done a lot less DPS than other classes in Patchwerk situations but we become competitve when pretty much any raid mechanic occurs. That's exactly how hunters should be, not this pseudo-caster garbage MM is heading towards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of those 'special things' have been removed. At this point its down to minor heal (spirit beast), or hero/battle res substitute. And now there are pets for MM/Surv that do those two things as well.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I think Blizzard is just getting worse and worse at "Balancing" the game.. if that is even possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kevincuomo View Post
    I think Blizzard is just getting worse and worse at "Balancing" the game.. if that is even possible.
    Definitely slower, if nothing else.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    As someone who loves ranged mobile specs and strongly supported the fully-mobile designs of BM and Survival in past expansions:

Yes, there is a mobility tax. Fully mobile specs should do less DPS than immobile specs: they compete when movement comes into play. That makes sense and is good design, and is proven to work. Hunters have typically done a lot less DPS than other classes in Patchwerk situations but we become competitve when pretty much any raid mechanic occurs. That's exactly how hunters should be, not this pseudo-caster garbage MM is heading towards.
    Yes but what about Mages?

BM should be severely punished for being a no-brain spec.