Deleted
    Is this game worth trying out? My friends have said it's a dying game but I still want to try it out to see if it's any fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Kits View Post
    Is this game worth trying out? My friends have said it's a dying game but I still want to try it out to see if it's any fun.
    Art style is awesome. Housing system is awesome and dungeons too are awesome. Cannot say about raids, but the challenge for all of them is high compared to other MMOs. Story is decent but nothing too fancy, but it has the solo dungeons/adventures which are pretty cool. Combat system is really fun - at least for me.

However. Due to roadblocks put at the beginning of the game the population quickly dwindled and left the game in a bunch making the entire system collapse due to the focus of dungeons/raids when there is not enough people to actually do them (only very few people have the numbers to do so) and most people play solo for a while then leave due to less content available (though there's a bunch of it revolving around dailies and solo dungeons).

The entire game reeks of wasted potential. They could have changed the focus and adapt to the population left, but they didn't and latest news about Carbine are not good at all.

Worth a try for sure, especially since it's free.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    There are many successful games without social features and no games with amazing social features will thrive
    This is bad analysis. The correct analysis is to look at the same genre or especially the same GAME, and observe how many active players you have when social tools are removed. Instead of "game x lacks social features and I think its successful", you should be thinking, "let's observe game x both with and without social features. Under which circumstance is the game more successful?" When you correctly ask the 2nd question, you see social features are hugely important.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    This is bad analysis. The correct analysis is to look at the same genre or especially the same GAME, and observe how many active players you have when social tools are removed. Instead of "game x lacks social features and I think its successful", you should be thinking, "let's observe game x both with and without social features. Under which circumstance is the game more successful?" When you correctly ask the 2nd question, you see social features are hugely important.
    No. This has been discussed to death. Social aspects of gaming is a fad that waned with the first and second waves of mmo players. You are trying to imply correlation is causation which is an incorrect assumption. Your scenario that you think is the "right question" is not remotely accurate. Again, convo is done to death. There is a wealth of information out there about this. Solo content and group accesibility is king. I'm sorry if that isn't what you want out of gaming, but that's just the way it is.
    BAD WOLF

Repeating the same unsubstantiated claim in every opportunity might count as "discussed to death" for you but is not proper analysis regardless.

Also "correlation doesn't imply causation" is the most misused phrase ever.
    A happening with B does not prove that B causes A or vice versa but it also does not disprove it.
    It just means it is not sufficient analysis, additionally it also applies in the domain of statistics, whenever a mechanism can be provided that establishes a causal chain that goes out the window.

"As with any logical fallacy, identifying that the reasoning behind an argument is flawed does not imply that the resulting conclusion is false."

In simple terms: fallacy is not the same as false, regardless how that's the prevalent use here.
    Last edited by Roadblock; 2016-09-27 at 08:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
    *snip*
    I anxiously await your doctoral thesis with scientific proof that game A with x features and game B with x features only differentiate due to an undefined term known as 'social features'...is the appropriate response to your snarky and unsupported rebuttal of other people's arguments.

In the meantime, feel free to jump back hundreds if not thousands of pages to get to the conversations that were had in CBT, pre launch, and after launch to review the myriad of in depth conversations about social features, community, punishment vs. rewards, outdated modes of thinking, and generally just about every other proposed 'revolutionary idea' of antiquated game design that is somehow 'the most important thing ever' yet falls flat on its face when it is tried.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Shade eve http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/ga...ts/shades-eve/

Hey all, Chad here!

It’s a busy time here at Carbine, and I wanted to give everyone a quick update on what we’ve been up to, and some of the exciting things that are coming up for WildStar. As I’m sure most of you know, we released the first phase of the Redmoon Terror raid back in August, and it’s been great to see all of the players and guilds who have been enjoying it since then. Congratulations to those of you who have cleared phase one and defeated Mordechai Redmoon, and best of luck to those of you who continue to rise to the challenge. Along with the excitement of Redmoon Terror we’ve also had a number of live events over the last couple of months—including Sim Chase and Nexus with Friends—which are always great opportunities for our players to get together, have fun, and earn some cool rewards. An extended Double XP X-Plosion! event is going on right now, which makes it a great time to level up some alts. Lastly, our latest DevConnect is live, where we’re talking about UI mods and add-ons. If you haven’t already, jump in there and be a part of the conversation.

What I’m really here to talk about is all the awesome stuff that’s still yet to come. Shade’s Eve is right around the corner, once again offering WildStar players a ghoulish assortment of holiday frights and fun, and coming up in November we’ll be releasing Redmoon Mutiny—WildStar’s next content update. This update will feature phase two of Redmoon Terror, including more bosses, more loot, and the final battle against the insidious Laveka the Dark-Hearted herself. And if that wasn’t awesome enough, Redmoon Mutiny is also bringing some very cool enhancements to WildStar’s grouping mechanics, enabling the creation of cross-faction dungeon and raid groups (along with some tasty social system improvements). We’ll also be adding in-game PvP leaderboards to WildStar with the Redmoon Mutiny update, where both group and individual statistics will be displayed for our PvP players to view and compare themselves against. All of this, along with our usual assortment of live events, holidays, and store updates, will make Redmoon Mutiny one of our most memorable updates yet. Stay tuned for more official breakdown of this update in the next few weeks, along with information on when these new features will be available for testing on the PTR.

As always, I would like to thank the incomparable WildStar community for its continued support. Your passion and commitment to the game is what makes it great. See you all on Nexus!

Pappy

10+ Year Old Account
    So basically no new content for the foreseeable future. Cross faction grouping great....but is there a new zone, new dungeon, new expedition for players outside of finishing a not complete raid? No. Dammit Carbine. You are sucking. LotRO puts out more content than this and the game has been in skeleton crew mode for the better part of a decade. If this game can even hit the LotRO level I will be happy, but I just don't see how continually adding madame fay items and no content will keep this thing running.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    So basically no new content for the foreseeable future. Cross faction grouping great....but is there a new zone, new dungeon, new expedition for players outside of finishing a not complete raid? No. Dammit Carbine. You are sucking. LotRO puts out more content than this and the game has been in skeleton crew mode for the better part of a decade. If this game can even hit the LotRO level I will be happy, but I just don't see how continually adding madame fay items and no content will keep this thing running.
    Yeah, even for a skeleton crew it seems like they have a pretty slow content creation pipeline overall. At least the cross-faction grouping might help LFG queues a bit, maybe I'll finally get a veteran dungeon to pop on my medic. I still need to bloody run one, just never been able to find a group for it. They really need to bump up rewards for the LFG queue's to get folks using the system, the lack of pops is a big barrier to newer folks to the community : /

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yeah, even for a skeleton crew it seems like they have a pretty slow content creation pipeline overall. At least the cross-faction grouping might help LFG queues a bit, maybe I'll finally get a veteran dungeon to pop on my medic. I still need to bloody run one, just never been able to find a group for it. They really need to bump up rewards for the LFG queue's to get folks using the system, the lack of pops is a big barrier to newer folks to the community : /
    Yeah to me expeditions and zones are the key. If they could produce those in regular fashion, even as little as 3 a year, they would be ok. Once a quarter would be preferable, but eh. Just doing store updates and nothing else is really cringe worthy. For reals, this makes me so sad. I want to come back to this game, even if on the holidays, but they aren't justifying it. Just steal WoW's current model of gear rewards and slap it on your game. It means people can keep playing expeditions and small group content for greater rewards.

Honestly, Wildstar is the coolest MMO I've ever played, but every other MMO runs circles around it in terms of content. I wanted to transition to WS full time, but they stopped making anything new. I just don't get it. And then to know Blizz employees bailed to go there...wtf is going on?
    BAD WOLF

Must say I have noticed when it comes to content for this game it is churned out extremely slowly. Something tells me there is something going on at Carbine that isn't of course just the layoffs. Think next year or so we might see Wildstar go into "maintenance mode" I doubt it and hope not but well.

Deleted
    It's a strange world when Arcterra complete with a 1 to 5 players instance, plus a mini dungeon, and the most awesome of awesome raids RMT is not called content.

If your after tab target bash 3 buttons boss dies, get legendary reward! Then wildstar is not the game for you....And tbh I hope it never will be

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    It's a strange world when Arcterra complete with a 1 to 5 players instance, plus a mini dungeon, and the most awesome of awesome raids RMT is not called content.

If your after tab target bash 3 buttons boss dies, get legendary reward! Then wildstar is not the game for you....And tbh I hope it never will be

Which game has only 3 button rotations and gives legendaries?

Didn't we already go through this with you that hyperbole isn't going to help you make people like WS? All your doing it driving people away.

Arcterra was released in February. The partial raid (which has been in the works since last year) and mini-dungeon thingy are pretty much all that's come out since then. Which isn't that much for the past 7 months.

Nobody is mentioning "tab target", but you can keep bashing it if you want to feel superior for some reason. Same goes for the 3 button rotation, I'm not sure of a game that even has that. I know you're probably talking about WoW (especially with the "legendary reward" bit), but let's not do that please.

There are plenty of legit critiques to be made of WildStar and how Carbine is supporting it. I don't see any reason to try to deflect it and redirect criticism to another game. Own the games problems, own its successes and victories.

Protip: comments like that are why people generally don't like hardcore WildStar fans who feel the need to pointlessly bash non-WildStar things without any prompting to bring up the topics. This is one of the reasons WS and especially its remaining community have a bad rep in the MMO scene. And it does the game no favors at a time when it needs all the interest, goodwill, and players it can get to keep it alive.

Yes this is surely going to make people want to play. If anything I now want to play less if this attitude is any representation of the community.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Protip: comments like that are why people generally don't like hardcore WildStar fans who feel the need to pointlessly bash non-WildStar things without any prompting to bring up the topics. This is one of the reasons WS and especially its remaining community have a bad rep in the MMO scene. And it does the game no favors at a time when it needs all the interest, goodwill, and players it can get to keep it alive.
    Already irritating to see that kind of crap in another forum here that I won't mention but you know which one I mean Edge. Hardcore fans attitudes is what puts me off from any MMO tbh because if you say anything that in any way criticises it they jump at you like a hyena.

Deleted
    Probability is very much on your side here. Wildstar wasn't the game for 98+% of people who ever touched it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Probability is very much on your side here. Wildstar wasn't the game for 98+% of people who ever touched it.
    OH SNAP!

I find it highly entertaining how fanatical ministabber still is about this game.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    OH SNAP!

I find it highly entertaining how fanatical ministabber still is about this game.
    There's always hardcore fans of any game sadly and their biased view actually clouds them having a proper opinion. Rift forums has one or two for example. I mean I'm a hardcore FF fan and I still know FF14 isn't perfect nor was 11.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game is so dead that the queue's literally never pop. What a waste of time that was.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    The game is so dead that the queue's literally never pop. What a waste of time that was.
    Yeah sadly noticed it as well. Shame because housing is fucking amazing. Like I said this game should never have released with a sub. Should have been B2P with micro transactions like games such as Guild Wars 2 was on launch.