10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion Fan View Post
    Polygon is not a Blizzard Source. If you could show me the last official Blue Post discussing flight not returning, and then pair it with the first Blue Post discussing it's return, that would be great. At this point you seem more interested in baiting and playing games. If you have sources and facts, feel free to use them. I'm not one for games and riddles.
    LoL, so wait, let me get this straight, lol an interview with Hazzikostas isnt real because Polygon didnt post their interview content on the blizzard forums in blue text?

Do you know who Hazzikostas is? Please tell me hes not a Blizzard source, PLASEEEeeeEEEeeeEEEEe!!!

Heres your sourced facts, Ohh and make sure you figure out who Hazzikostas is before reading.
    Let me know if you want some more facts. I can dig up the original polygon article from 2 weeks earlier if you need.
    http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/10/876...c-mac-blizzard
    Last edited by Beazy; 2016-10-11 at 07:21 PM.

Deleted
    The guy from Blizzard being interviewed by Polygon is a Blizzard source. Blizzard announcing the removal of a decade old feature forever in a random gaming magazine was part of hte giant shitshow of horrible communication.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    CRZ is and has been in The Broken Isles. /facepalm
    Even if it has.. Still hasn't been an issue on my server ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7+ Year Old Account
    LoL, so wait, let me get this straight, lol an interview with Hazzikostas isnt real because Polygon didnt post their interview content on the blizzard forums in blue text?

Do you know who Hazzikostas is? Please tell me hes not a Blizzard source, PLASEEEeeeEEEeeeEEEEe!!!
    He plays tight end for the SF 49ers right?

Blizzard announces things to their playerbase on their forums. There's a Blue tracker for a reason. Not every player views 27 different interview sites for details on the game. So, again, you can either show me an official Blue Post, or you can be gone. I've shared my relevant official source quotes regarding flight. If you are unable to provide the same, then you should probably stop talking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    Even if it has.. Still hasn't been an issue on my server ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Most things aren't issues. People like that tend to make mountains of molehills.

10+ Year Old Account

Blizzard announces things to their playerbase on their forums. There's a Blue tracker for a reason. Not every player views 27 different interview sites for details on the game. So, again, you can either show me an official Blue Post, or you can be gone. I've shared my relevant official source quotes regarding flight. If you are unable to provide the same, then you should probably stop talking.
    Yeah sure, cool story. But did you find out who Hazzikostas is?

Ohh and could you source that blizzard only communicates to the player base through blue posts? That would really help your argument. =o]
    Is the Blizzard official Twitter run by someone outside of Blizz??? Is Polygon not a real website and Hazzikostas not the lead developer for WoW? And the interview he gave was fake? OMFG YOU FIGURED IT OUT!

LoL what a joke. You cant even be condescending right. /facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by krigsmaskin View Post
    If you say the world content is shit, and in the next breath you say IF i could fly theres so much meaningfull content i can to with flying.
    Then you are lazy.

But if you think the world is full of life, and wanna consume wolrd content(do alla quest world achivments) but maybe are time limited, i wont call you lazy.

There is a diffrence
    I've actually pretty consistently said that most of the open world content is pretty bad. I imagine if you tallied up all the "Kill-X" quests they'd consist of at least 50% of ALL quests in the game. Flying doesn't necessarily make that kind of content better, but it does allow you to get to it and complete it faster and more efficiently. In other words: As long as the content is going to be uninspired, we might as well be able to clear it quickly, without having to also deal with trash mobs in-between, and travel which takes almost more time than the quest itself.

The other bad assumption here is that the quests are as interesting and engaging every time as you did it the first time. That's simply not true either. When I was leveling up I did all 4 zones worth of quests for the rep. My gear was junk and I didn't have any AP because I was still leveling, killing things was slower, and I maybe had to be a little bit careful in some areas. But now that I'm max level with 850+ gear, quests consist of rounding up everything in sight, popping a CD and slaying them all in seconds with AOE. Then repeating that every day with mostly the same quests(since the pool of WQs isn't actually very large or random).

-----

But to get back to the original quote:

It's not so much that there's more meaningful content available with flight, but the cost in time and effort to do more content is lowered. You can experience more of the game and maybe squeeze out a little more enjoyment. Instead your nose is forced into the dirt, and you VERY quickly get sick of the tedium.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah sure, cool story. But did you find out who Hazzikostas is?

Ohh and could you source that blizzard only communicates to the player base through blue posts? That would really help your argument. =o]
    Is the Blizzard official Twitter run by someone outside of Blizz??? Is Polygon not a real website and Hazzikostas not the lead developer for WoW? And the interview he gave was fake? OMFG YOU FIGURED IT OUT!

LoL what a joke. You cant even be condescending right. /facepalm
    I've done enough stepping and fetching and have already backed my side up. But since you are still lol'ing at your own comments, I'll take that as a "You're right. I don't have shit and simply like to talk out of my ass".

Well then, when you decide to bring your proof to this conversation, and not just your snark and petty crap, I'll be around.

"With great power comes the great responsibility of backing up your claims."

10+ Year Old Account
    I've done enough stepping and fetching and have already backed my side up. But since you are still lol'ing at your own comments, I'll take that as a "You're right. I don't have shit and simply like to talk out of my ass".

Well then, when you decide to bring your proof to this conversation, and not just your snark and petty crap, I'll be around.

"With great power comes the great responsibility of backing up your claims."
    LoL ok here,

May 22, flight never coming back to WoW: http://www.polygon.com/2015/5/22/864...mo-pc-blizzard

June 10th, Flight coming back to wow: http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/10/876...c-mac-blizzard

Got anything to prove they are fake interviews?? If you could use Google half as good as you handwave away reality, you would have found it too.

*edit* Ohh and did you have that source for Blizzard interviews, Twitter and Twitch channels all being fake? Tell us more how talking out of your ass works. Were not half as good as you.
    Last edited by Beazy; 2016-10-11 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    It seems you're confusing "more rewarding" with you finding it not tedious. Where you find ground tasks tedious and boring, doing it with flight makes it both convenient, easy, and in many cases for world quests, almost trivial to do them with flight. Yay for dive bombing a boss instead of having to fight through its minions! You'd think in a world where flying creatures and adventurers is a threat, mobs would have more anti-flight counter measures that would dismount you or knock things out of the sky. Alas, Blizzard abandoned that mechanic that was actually pretty immersive because whiny people found it annoying to have to navigate with things trying to dismount them in BC.
    Except they went right back to that mechanic with anti-illusion NPCs in Suramar....so where does that leave us? Neck deep in hypocrisy.

- - - Updated - - -

First people's opinion's don't count unless they buy and sub to Legion, despite players who may be 10+ year veterans of the game and customers for that same amount of time, AND having played the beta just before launch(giving first hand knowledge). Now interviews and information from Blizzard devs speaking in an official capacity don't count unless they're posted directly from the Blizzard website? /doublefacepalm

This has gone beyond ridiculous, guys. Can we PLEASE actually get back to talking about the mechanics and possible release dates of flight, or ANYTHING actually sensible?
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2016-10-11 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    A. Broken Isles isn't CRZ
    B. Its clear you didn't play the game when realm identity was a thing.
    A: As you already know I was right, else I wouldn't have said it in the first place.
    B: That's exactly what I have and that's why CRZ now makes it really clear that now it wouldn't matter if you saw players from other realms or NPC pretending to be players from other realms running around out there now a days compared to back then. You would care just as much.
    I played since beta before vanilla btw and had an active sub for the entire time.(*looks at statue*)

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Broken Isles IS CRZ tho.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...page=2#post-22

Originally Posted by Ornyx
    We've stated this numerous times, but this is not new. CRZ has existed in Broken Isle zones since launch, however you may not have seen it active due to the amount of players leveling the same zone on your server.

Cross-realm technology activates automatically. I suspect that you may be seeing people from other realms since LFR opened today, and many players are trying out that newly opened content (hence, less players in the "world"). It's also 3pm PST on a weekday, which isn't what I'd consider peak-time.
    It doesn't matter how it was in the old days, you saw a familiar player, you maybe threw a /wave at them, the difference is, that now we don't have server identity*, so it really doesn't matter.

*Did you know that even Dalaran is sharded? In bc/wotlk you could se ALL the people from your realm, when we got sharding in WoD Blizz specifically stated that you will not be phased out from your friends and guildmates at least, now with Legion even your guildmates are phased away. Why shard Dalaran? There is not questmob there, no mat farm, just people. The epicness of dalaran was that you saw everyone on your realm packed into the city.
    We now have no realm identity, but in my opinion it's even worse. Sharding means your realm has multiple copies, and if you get the short end of the stick, you may only see a few people, while another shard is full. Maybe with your friends/guildies in them.
    But I'm sure that if you are this concerned about immersion and server identity, you already have a post open on the wow forums wanting those back. Right?
    It is interesting to see the overreach with CRZ and the diminishing of flying in WoW.

Both decisions seem to be hated by the majority of the player base...players want options and choices in a MMORPG? News at 11.

You know other MMOs do sharding as well but they at least allow you to choose which shard to go to even on your own server so you can play with your friends or guildmates. Blizzard denies players even that option of sharding technology.

Flying represents massive freedom and interaction with the world...a world which Blizz wants to diminish so they can funnel more players into their instances to boosts queue times.

- - - Updated - - -

LoL ok here,

May 22, flight never coming back to WoW: http://www.polygon.com/2015/5/22/864...mo-pc-blizzard

June 10th, Flight coming back to wow: http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/10/876...c-mac-blizzard

Got anything to prove they are fake interviews?? If you could use Google half as good as you handwave away reality, you would have found it too.

*edit* Ohh and did you have that source for Blizzard interviews, Twitter and Twitch channels all being fake? Tell us more how talking out of your ass works. Were not half as good as you.
    Legion fan sure likes discussing the topic of flight in WoD when this thread is clearly marked and dedicated to the topic of flight in Legion. Hopefully Legion Fan can return to the topic of the thread and stop derailing the thread, but that would be wishful thinking on my part.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Another person who not only makes claims about me yet knows nothing, but also apparently didn't read my quote, because I explicitly talked about the convenience factor and being able to do more with the time saved. I understand opportunity cost much better than probably anyone here. A task you do with flying vs a task you do on the ground has the same value even with time saved. If you manage to do something else with that time saved, you get to get more value for your time, but that one original task still gave the same reward.

If your time is limited in playing WoW and getting things accomplished, then of course saving time on a task to be able to do more will enable you to get more stuff... and yet each individual task is still the same reward.

Here's the thing though, there's only so much to do in WoW each day. After a certain point of playing, your ability to advance your character decreases once you run out of dailies and dungeons to run. Then you sit in Dalaran and you gain... nothing from time saved. Except for whatever value you want to attach to trolling trade chat.
    So you agree with everything that is being said but are just being a contrarian?

Now, the argument is that there is nothing left to do on your character (aka main)...but you glossed over the fact flying makes working on your alts when you are exhausted on your main far more accessible. Or how it saves you time to work on alts without feeling cheated on working your main at a more gradual pacing instead of facing extreme burn out.

Talking to my wife today, and maybe it is just wishful thinking, but maybe Flight will be announced for Legion in 7.1 at Blizzcon?

Personally it makes sense every other time they have announced flight at Blizzcon it has always been a great response
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Talking to my wife today, and maybe it is just wishful thinking, but maybe Flight will be announced for Legion in 7.1 at Blizzcon?

Personally it makes sense every other time they have announced flight at Blizzcon it has always been a great response
    No way mate, Blizzard hate flying, and for other reasons than most white knights think ofc. They won't even mention flying at blizzcon and will try to censor anyone asking about ti as well probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalamander View Post
    No way mate, Blizzard hate flying, and for other reasons than most white knights think ofc. They won't even mention flying at blizzcon and will try to censor anyone asking about ti as well probably.
    Please clue us all in on the reasons. But bring some proof as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post

It would be nice if they announced the return of flight being relevant in the open world, but as Zalamander says, I wouldn't count on it. Most likely the focus will be on more raiding or 5 man content outside of the matchmaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalamander View Post
    Sadly I agree.

Blizzard seems to be doing all they can to limit flight. Keeping it just out of reach as they tease gamers with it but can't actually achieve getting it. They sure do love selling those flying mounts though in the cash shop.

I don't expect it to get mentioned at blizzcon by blizzard and yea, I could see blizzard skipping any questions about it as best they can.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I don't expect it to get mentioned at blizzcon by blizzard and yea, I could see blizzard skipping any questions about it as best they can.
    They've already given an official statement. Sometime mid expansion. So why would they feel the need to mention it and why would they take questions on it? The sooner the pro fliers get out of the victim mind set the better.

7+ Year Old Account
    LoL ok here,

May 22, flight never coming back to WoW: SNIPPED - Not a Blue post on Battle Net

June 10th, Flight coming back to wow: SNIPPED - Not a Blue post on Battle Net

Still not an official Blue post. Sad really. Looks like we're done here since you continue to miss the point of finding the official posts on the official site.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Legion fan sure likes discussing the topic of flight in WoD when this thread is clearly marked and dedicated to the topic of flight in Legion. Hopefully Legion Fan can return to the topic of the thread and stop derailing the thread, but that would be wishful thinking on my part.
    I'm simply looking for the official Blizz posts from the official Blizz site that Beazy claims to have. It is relevant to the topic and in no way highlights all of the lies and propaganda coming from your post history. I'll get back to my conversation so you can return to spreading false information while speaking for the pro-flight group.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    First people's opinion's don't count unless they buy and sub to Legion, despite players who may be 10+ year veterans of the game and customers for that same amount of time, AND having played the beta just before launch(giving first hand knowledge). Now interviews and information from Blizzard devs speaking in an official capacity don't count unless they're posted directly from the Blizzard website? /doublefacepalm

This has gone beyond ridiculous, guys. Can we PLEASE actually get back to talking about the mechanics and possible release dates of flight, or ANYTHING actually sensible?
    I am looking for facts, as distributed by Blizz, through their official site.

I am looking for facts, as distributed by Blizz, through their official site.
    No, what you're doing is selectively ignoring facts that dispute your point of view, and refusing to reassess that pov when confronted with those same sources.

You are right to point out that Polygon is not Blizzard, but they are directly quoting Hazzicostas in an official capacity. If you are not willing to accept that such a quote is the same as any "blue" post simply because it isn't on the official Blizzard website, then you are simply not going to be taken seriously.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2016-10-12 at 01:06 AM.

So do you:
    People used the same argument for WoD and yet more people were doing things with their alts, gathering professions, fishing, pet battles, archaeology, etc. when flying was introduced in WoD.
    This is why when they tried to push no flying forever in WoD it had the potential impact of hurting new future WoW players if they followed through with it and returning players for future expansion like Legion.
    The compromise in WoD was straight up one giant achievement and then a known date for flying to return or a known patch number. Right now there is a recipe for a disaster like WoD but in a different way and one that will cause even more lasting damage.
    I could go on for days.