Poll: Did you retire your Warlock?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I put it on a hiatus. This expansion so far doesn't have anything about a lock I found enjoyable when I rolled it in cataclysm. Currently leveling a frost dk, and hving lots of fun.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

While I considered going back to healing on my priest this expansion as Disc actually seemed interesting compared to WoD and irritating bubble spam basically at beginning, didn't need a third healy priest for my raid (hell one can argue needing a second but that's another thread somewhere) and didn't want to dps as Spriest being back up so Warlock it is and have to say really damn happy about it even with all the negativity and of course the legit issues it does face.
    What, you don't care about getting little pixels that show other pixel characters that you killed a pixel dragon anymore?!

There are problems, sure. But it's still a good class. Staying with the only class I enjoy. Also the only warlock in my guild so there's that.

Deleted
    Never ! WoW = my warlock, have been playing him for almost 10 years now, he's a bit a part of my life too
    However there are some issues that need to be solved, I think we can all agree on that. Especially regarding the affli spec + the loss of soulshatter, our healthstones not healing as much as they should, the affli artifact weapon still bugging, the clunky demonic circle talent with one button, etc.
    Some mechanical issues as well, in demonology as well as in affli + some numbers that could get a slight boost to put us roughly at the same level of dps of other classes (especially afflic).

Its still my main but i dont play it alot anymore :/
    I play destruction and the damage output is fine but the playstyle feels so bad I HATE it in Legion. Chaos bolt doing (item level 862) sometimes 300k and sometimes 700k damage. The amount of RNG in our spec is just so stupid. Wish they revert it back to MoP or even WoD.
    Last edited by Hyrja; 2016-10-11 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Yeah I did. Shit mobility, no way to kite and chaos bolt hits for nothing. Why bother.
    Tell that to thorns on mythic cenarius, just killing myself repeatedly.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Tbh, I almost did when Since I was a big fan of old demo. But i've been playing this too long to reroll and aside from a couple of minor grievances (some mechanical, some aesthetic lol) the class is in a good spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Tell that to thorns on mythic cenarius, just killing myself repeatedly.
    Those bracers would be amazing there. Kinda hoping for Sin'dorei spite so I can burst again and it should pair well with the demo ring.
    Last edited by Maleific; 2016-10-12 at 12:29 AM.

Yes and no. I use it in raids as I find destro/demo enough for casual raiding (only normal atm cause RL).However, as an affliction player, I have persisted and tried to make it fun, and it just isnt. Weird part is I love the reintroduction of juggling dots, however, all those button presses dont feel very rewarding atm. Soul effigy is just tedious and if used with my GoServ my pets tend to randomly start attacking effigy at times rather then stay on main target.

Because of this I have put much more time into my pally tank and ret pally, plus leveled a hunter and shaman. This in itself shows that for that first time im not completely engaged with my lock even though its still my favorite "class fantasy". On a side note, my less geared hunter pulls similar numbers however id still choose current affliction over MM due to playstyle. It not just about big numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleific View Post
    Those bracers would be amazing there. Kinda hoping for Sin'dorei spite so I can burst again and it should pair well with the demo ring.
    They are amazing, they also get you killed xD

demo bracers have an ICD, so they have no synergy with the demo ring. (unless they reversed the change they made during alpha / beta)
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Not retire, but put him on a shelf. My lock was my first 110, i've played him since 2005, he'll always be my main but for right now I'm focusing on warrior tanking. until they resolve affliction.

I don't think Blizzard knows what they are doing with Warlocks. I feel like I've completely wasted the first month on my warlock.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I unsubscribed to the entire game, with the destruction of my 12 year old class the primary reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I don't think Blizzard knows what they are doing with Warlocks. I feel like I've completely wasted the first month on my warlock.
    Basically this.

And with zero catchup mechanics, you're just going to be a month behind.

its the first class ive picked when started playing wow, each expansion i end up lvling couple different alts.. but always stick to my warlock as my main.
    BETA CLUB

And now they've taken a spell from Destro that we've had since I've started. Are the talents I picked in my artifact now useless?

Deleted
    And now they've taken a spell from Destro that we've had since I've started. Are the talents I picked in my artifact now useless?
    what are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    That just means blizzard is doing it right.
    It means their classes are tedious, boring and stressful.

Never ever see this for other games.

Deleted
    Warlock since Molten Core. Retired my subscription after ability pruning 2.0.
    I can deal with not topping the meters, but I can't get over all the spells we lost. And now thanks to artifact weapons I can't even play all 3 of my specs at max efficiency. Spec swapping on each boss was the only thing that kept me going after all these years and kept things somewhat fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    what are you talking about?
    Drain Life is a Aff only spell now, because that makes sense.

Deleted
    what makes you think that?

The PTR released today seems to have given back Drain Life to Demonology and Destruction, whereas it was removed in previous PTR iterations.