Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyindor View Post
    ... force interest

+ I'm a casual, always have been
    + A veteran, been playing since shortly after BC launch
    + Don't play every day, so it's not a matter of getting burned out
    + Around 30 years old
    + Every class at or near 100
    + In a guild but don't really participate like I used to in guilds I that was closer to
    + Have a single IRL friend who still plays (a lot more that I do)

I really really want to like this game as much as I used to, because this may be the best it's ever been mechanics and class identity wise (and I say that mostly as a Ret Paladin, apparently one of the more boring specs).

How can I get my "mojo" back? If you've been in my shoes, how did you?
    Like you, i am having the same feeling. I'm losing my mojo for WoW.
    The worst thing is that is impossible to talk shit about Legion because is the best expansion since WotlK.
    I simply out-grown/got tired of the same formula.

What i am doing right now (because my PC broke and is repairing) is playing Dragon Quest VII for the N3DS.
    It's a 100 hour campaign + side quests with 30 classes to level up and chose from.
    When i get my computer back...i'm not sure if i will resub.
    I got old, the game is geting old. I need new stuff. Thats why i am always asking for inovation from Blizzard.
    But they simply polish the game and make it shiny. I'm just tired of it and i guess i just have to move on and play other stuff

*cry*
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2016-10-11 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    I don't see anything great about Legion as it comes off as an average expansion. Any average expansion is going to look better than WoD honestly.
    This. Legion's arguably the best expansion Blizzard's put out since Wrath, 8 years ago, but that's not saying much given how terrible Cata and WoD were. Unfortunately, MoP had its theme working against it. It seems like Blizzard put in an effort to recapture their most popular expansion superficially without changing much else. It's still the same instanced content focused end game grind it's been for years. The only shining star in Legion, IMO, are the class hall campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    If you really want to play an MMO try GW2. It's the only other "worth playing" MMO out there.
    Respectfully disagree. It depends on what you're looking for in an MMO, of course. ESO is the best one I've played. I'm surprised with all your mention of Skyrim that (I'm assuming) it wasn't appealing to you.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Respectfully disagree. It depends on what you're looking for in an MMO, of course. ESO is the best one I've played. I'm surprised with all your mention of Skyrim that (I'm assuming) it wasn't appealing to you.
    I LOVE Skyrim.
    i think is the best exploration RPG in the universe
    There is something magical about being free and discovering new locations randomly with narrative without a quest involved.
    Just pure free exploration.

Its magical.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2016-10-12 at 12:05 AM.

-Poor class balance and class design (lots of classes and specs are very unpolished)
    -Ultra reliance on excessive grinding
    -Extremely alt unfriendly
    -Terrible rewards in PvP
    -PvP is just bad, oversimplification of classes and mechanics are the problem, not numbers
    -Suramar
    -No communication from Blizzard about class issues
    -RNG loot system kills working toward a thing and earning it
    -World PvP is just... awful and I'm forced in the world to do World Quests
    -World Quests are unbelievably boring, too much traveling and mindless "chores"
    -Overall feeling like I'm stuck on a never-ending treadmill (aka mobile game design)
    -Way too much maintenance, checking meaningless timers
    -Profession quests forcing me into PvE in order to make anything of actual value
    -Blizzard still lying about what their game actually is ("most alt-friendly expansion ever!")
    -Picked the "wrong spec", was stuck rerolling
    -Where are those "tuning knobs" they talked so much about? Haven't backed up their promise of regular tweaks to classes.

Legion is really not that great when you dig just a tiny bit into it. They did a great job with quest design until Suramar and overall Legion has a great backbone for the story, but once you get past all the initial stuff it all falls apart. I don't feel ripped off because I got plenty of value for the gametime, but I let my sub run out to see how no sub would feel and it's a legitimate relief not having all the BS the game wants me to do lingering over my head, so I haven't resubbed and probably wont.

I've popped in still to MMO champ occasionally to see if they are going to address class balance of any kind, not surprising to see them ignoring the problems of their game once again while being completely silent. I find myself checking the site less and less these days, a complete first for me. Even when I wasn't playing I'd be checking MMO champ regularly, now I've just given up on it. Maybe if they do enough class changes, then MAYBE(?) ill come back? But then I'll be stuck behind everyone else permanently because they'd have multiple months of grinding in front of me. Just doesn't sound appealing at all.

Maybe just having the story spoiled for me on MMO champ is enough for me this time around.
    Last edited by blehmeh; 2016-10-11 at 11:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyindor View Post
    ... force interest

+ I'm a casual, always have been
    + A veteran, been playing since shortly after BC launch
    + Don't play every day, so it's not a matter of getting burned out
    + Around 30 years old
    + Every class at or near 100
    + In a guild but don't really participate like I used to in guilds I that was closer to
    + Have a single IRL friend who still plays (a lot more that I do)

I really really want to like this game as much as I used to, because this may be the best it's ever been mechanics and class identity wise (and I say that mostly as a Ret Paladin, apparently one of the more boring specs).

How can I get my "mojo" back? If you've been in my shoes, how did you?
    It's because the MMO formula bores you. It's normal, especially if you've played WoW for years. I've played it since vanilla. It bores the fuck out of me so I unsubbed again.

MMO's just aren't for me anymore. THe grind doesn't appeal to me. Progression holds no value for me. You can feel this too and I'll tell you it's completely normal. Just like how you might not like certain food at a certain age, you will grow bored and uninterested by certain games.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel the same way. WOW has never been this good IMO. I also have most classes maxed and I also have every profession. I think my problem is that I feel overwhelmed by the great task of getting my professions maxed and still participate as much as possible. Not to mention the other things we can do ( I still farm trillium from my MOP farm to make JC mounts )For us that have played the game for many years, I think this may be our problem. WOD made it so easy for us and now its super time consuming. Thats my problem anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    jesus christ not biased at all ye? ... Its not, you can always say that its one of the best but not the best.

Unfortunately blizz gave WoD to people and with legion they improved a lot of things and people went from having the shittiest expac ever to an average one but still think its the best because they used to be in shit.

For the OP: You can't get it back. Its an old game and you have grown up and away. I have the same issue I can't seem to like the game anymore, maybe for the 1st month of each expansion but after that the game gets extremly boring for me. I think most of the people that play this game since the start or for many years that turned from 20s to 30s etc have the same issue.

Don't look at players like Sco, I think he is doing it more for the community of it in reality. If you ask him he will probably say that he still plays purely because he is top at what he does and of course he won't leave that.
    And your just as bias just the opposite way, its an opinion nothing more for everyone as its subjective.

WoD has its good points and its bad it certainly wasn't the worst from my opinion, Cata has that privilege. They did a lot of nice things in WoD, , but they did rely upon the garrison to much, for Legion they seem to have knee-jerked in the opposite direction to much with professions I hope they balance it somewhat. WoD was to easy, Legion is just to hard compared to the reward currently. And WoD went on to longer for the content though expansion length does not equal poor quality just poor planning.

Legion is shaping up to be a good expansion, though like all the expansions there's area's that could be improved.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"