Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alot ppl in this thread is overreacting and taking PC games too seriusly.

Calling others retards/noobs/scumbags etc just because they killed ur 110lvl char on their 110lvl char in 1vs1 ? lol....

Maybe some of them have "im mom's special snowflake no one should kill me in 1vs1" vision of the world.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    This is the answer basically, nail on the head, without even opening the screenshots.

Anyone even wasting time PvPing outside of Arena/Rated BG at the certain game state is obviously playing the wrong game.

people playing the wrong game are the people bitching about random pvp on a pvp server.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Years and years ago blizzard introduced pvp realms saying (not exact words) "we will not interfere no matter what and all problems occuring from pvp must be solved by calling your friends etc".

This was a very novel approach and it did work for a while. However even if I live in pvp server and like it I think its quite obsolete when the horde/alliance ratio has changed and when there are not enough people playing and even less are interested to help a stranger.

The population evolved but the mechanic didnt.

P.S. I stand by my idea of having an "event" in pvp servers like "Truce week" where the servers can turn pve for the duration allowing breathing space for everyone. Once every 1-2 months wouldn't hurt and it makes sense to have an actual truce when we have sanctuary cities and lore where horde/alliance fight common enemies.
    Yeah, I'm on a predominantly Horde server, I rarely see Alliance (a bit more now due to the CRZ).

I think it would be better have zones such as the WQ you get, where you have these "attack points" that you can go to, where you can get your World PvP on. At any level. And you can opt in/out of these if you are a lower level.

I've played on a pvp server since vanilla, and I never take kindly to people "ganking", that is, attacking someone and killing them when they have no chance to beat you. Unfortunately with the new servers being merged you can't always "get your main" and waste them repeatedly in retribution.

Fair play is important, no sense in ruining someones experience of the game, unless they're a panda, monk or night elf male of course.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Let's be fair, honest, and simple about this: the entire reason anyone ganks is BECAUSE it annoys people. You gank BECAUSE of these responses, not despite them.
    gank= trolling

Some people like to troll, for the same reason people like to gank: to piss off people

Quote Originally Posted by Djlampshade View Post
    Because the guy who was raging at you was right, you are very likely completely useless at pvp and make yourself feel better by killing players leveling so there is no actual challenge (which is usually the point of engaging in pvp.)
    This. I've played on pvp servers since vanilla for the spontaneous world pvp fights that can break out almost anywhere.

But you do get a minority of low-skill players who specifically gank undergeared or lower level players to soothe their ego which gets smashed everytime they do instanced pvp. I honestly cannot remember seeing anyone with a Gladiator title, or even a Duellist, ganking lowbies who are trying to quest.

What is ironic is that usually the people who spam whisper with NERDRAGE are these bellends after they get corpse farmed, it's sad.
    Last edited by lolpve; 2016-10-11 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    gank= trolling

Some people like to troll, for the same reason people like to gank: to piss off people
    That's what I said, isn't it?

The anguish some of you still possess about being PvP'd on just fuels gankers, by the way. Talking about how it's not fair, crying about even playing fields, sending them tells, raging on and on about how they're sooooo bad because they ganked you, literal boner material for a ganker.

Quote Originally Posted by Gentlepenguin View Post
    The anguish some of you still possess about being PvP'd on just fuels gankers, by the way. Talking about how it's not fair, crying about even playing fields, sending them tells, raging on and on about how they're sooooo bad because they ganked you, literal boner material for a ganker.
    Exactly, something tells me the people who are the most stupid regarding gankers were never teased much when they were younger. Anyone with a half decent semibrain would realise what feeds the teasing the most (ganking is teasing, by the way) is to get upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Titmeister View Post
    Sounds like a good system to keep assholes in check.
    Yes, but I think it was allowed to gank only down to level 40 if you were 60, otherwise it was a dishonorable kill. not sure about the numbers, was a long time ago and it was also removed because of city raids - you go in as a raid and some morons starts killing lowbies and the whole group gets fucked.

Deleted
    I don't.

I however do get massive power trips when I kill a rogue trying to gank me while I'm being hit by 3+ mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    The salt here is real.

Killing someone as you pass by, doesn't matter what level, is just how it goes on pvp servers, if I happen to need to go to booty bay for some reason, I'm definitely going to murder anyone I come across along the way, but

Camping someone? That's a dick move. Kill them once and move on.
    Honestly, this to me is the whole thread. As someone who leveled pretty much exclusively on PvP servers, if I passed by a higher level Alliance character, I would always wave and wait for the inevitable. 70% of the time, they just waved back and left me alone. 29.9% of the time, they killed me and went about their business.

That .1% of the time, when some player and his 4 friends were basically sitting around a lowbie area, camping graveyards, killing people for literally hours on end. Those people were the only ones that ever bothered me.

I am on a pvp server because the pve is better its that simple... pvp servers do better pve, maybe because they are more active and being automatically flagged when you cleave cities is a small price to pay for raiding.

I will fight back in wpvp but i don't go out of my way to pvp.
    Demo is fine... play better.

Quote Originally Posted by Titmeister View Post
    Because signing up for a PvP server doesnt mean you want to be ganked by sad douchemonkeys that prey on people weaker than them because they lack the skill to do actual PvP. Same goes for those assholes that run away and only attack you when you have 30% health left from fighting mobs.

Also id like to see the responses you typed. You conveniently left them out.

- - - Updated - - -

AKA: I Enjoy getting a rise out of people and others people grief is like lubricant to me.
    https://www.psychologytoday.com/arti...spot-sociopath
    You seem just like a person that would relog, spend time on making a character called asdasdasd and then whisper me trash for 15 minutes. I hope I ever gank you. You know the risks of a pvp server. It is also extremely funny to read all these responses saying that people who gank are bad at pvp. Your anger at your own choice of going to a pvp server just makes it better. It reminds me of a feminist punching a guy and then being surprised when he punches back.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    As has already been said a lot of times in this thread, in a lot of cases it was a forced decision, it was the only viable choice for doing high end PVE content, therefore the raging.
    Uhh, no. I'm not buying that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    As has already been said a lot of times in this thread, in a lot of cases it was a forced decision, it was the only viable choice for doing high end PVE content, therefore the raging.

Many PvE servers that have high end guilds in them. That PvP servers are the only viable option for PvE is bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    Many PvE servers that have high end guilds in them. That PvP servers are the only viable option for PvE is bullshit.
    Yeah, I mean, how many of these people complaining are actually in the world first race? I doubt very many of them.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    Are there high end Horde guilds in PVE servers though? Horde has a majority population on PVP servers, so it stands to reason that as Horde you only have PVP servers to choose from if you want a progression guild.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

7+ Year Old Account
    Story time

I'm leveling on tich as alliance, i don't bother to fight players while leveling because why waste the time.

So i'm 101 in aszuna , a 110 DH see's me kills me, I'm not phased i run back to my corpse, he kills me again. I rez again double blink invis , he's running around searching with his sight, finds me , kills again /spits ect, a 110 alliance walks by him HE DOES NOTHING TO HIM, he kills me 3 more times never once taking a fair fight when they walk by. I log off for a bit , he was still waiting for me 15 mins later

Thats the problem with this so called "world pvp" these people dont want a fight , you can't say he was hoping i would log on my 110 because he avoided all other even levels like the plague.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Are there high end Horde guilds in PVE servers though? Horde has a majority population on PVP servers, so it stands to reason that as Horde you only have PVP servers to choose from if you want a progression guild.

Area 52 4th server in the US has 99% horde.

http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us