Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    Are you making the same sterotyping remarks as the other person with your statement regarding people doing LFR.

Pugging is not an option for some. This has been presented by many. You don't seem to realize this.

It seems you do not understand or miss the point of my post. But oh well, most posters seems to have judge people based on their post, like you have on mine. You seem to think I am anti-social and incapable of understand the concept of options.
    1. Sure, we can take the unsociable remark away.
    2. If the first two don't apply, the third one does. Accept that it isn't content for you.
    3. To be honest it was very difficult to find a point to your post because you cycled through a group of arguments that weren't even the topic.

This topic is simple. Person wants optional non-LFR content on LFR. So, we have to ask: Why?

I don't see a valid reason. Do you? If so, let us know.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    I don't see a valid reason. Do you? If so, let us know.
    there is only one single reason
    They want the reward without actually achieving it.

All this complaining about blah blah don't wanna do X cause I'm unable/unwilling/or just suck too much ass.
    Which is exactly why people who DO put in the extra effort/time/skill are offered this reward
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    If you're not killing it in one phase then try the following.

1. Save lust until you exit the heart the first time and burn down the 2 stalks that come out. My guess is those aren't dying before the deathglare and corruptors spawn.

2. Also you can kite around the giant mobile add in Phase 2 and focus only on tentacles and slimes. When you finally open the eye the second time leave your tank and a healer outside and kite the add around. (Tank it off to the side until the eye opens while swapping tanks.) This will allow your dps to focus on killing tentacles and slimes.
    We have downed the eye twice now. There is no way that we could kill it with only going in once. We get it to about 52% on the first time in and have no problem now getting the rest the second time.

We have also gotten Cenarius twice now. We almost one shot him on our first try ever. He was at less than 1% when the corruption filled the entire platform. It then took 4 more tries to get him.

Xavius is another story. We have now wiped on him 7 times with the best attempt being at 38%.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    Xavius is another story. We have now wiped on him 7 times with the best attempt being at 38%.
    Xavius Normal is easier than Cenarius Normal, I think. There may be some mechanic you're all not doing quite right there.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    You're serious?!? Now? After dozens of QQ topics in both EU and US forums complaining about trinkets and sets and how they cancel subs because they cannot have "nice stuff" "as casuals" anymore?

I didn't ask for tier in LFR, or trinkets. I hate them being there. I would make LFR story mode, yeah, can have cosmetics, I don't care, but NO DECENT GEAR. NONE.

But too late for that huh? A year of QQ convinced Blizz to give you back the most important stuff. Now be happy and kindly shut up, no more complaining, it's damn SHAMEFUL.
    I did not play during WoD and had I doubt you would have heard me complaining. I said it once before actually why not just have LFR gear be purely cosmetic no power nothing just sheer looks.

A year of QQ convinced Blizz to give you back the most important stuff. Now be happy and kindly shut up, no more complaining, it's damn SHAMEFUL.
    How do you know it was QQ that made Blizzard change that, rather than objective stats of LFR usage and sub loss?

You all tend to blame QQ just so you don't have to admit Blizzard makes changes based on evidence.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    I did not play during WoD and had I doubt you would have heard me complaining. I said it once before actually why not just have LFR gear be purely cosmetic no power nothing just sheer looks.
    I am a big fan of that decision but we are already in too deep to go back.
    There is already a established community who loves to do mindless LFR content for easy rewards.
    To remove rewards from LFR would create an uproar of endless cries and QQ threads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I am a big fan of that decision but we are already in too deep to go back.
    There is already a established community who loves to do mindless LFR content for easy rewards.
    To remove rewards from LFR would create an uproar of endless cries and QQ threads.
    Ehhh I see the cosmetics as a better reward mysekf note indo not mean mounts or titles but say instead of forged gear it could have a chance to drop a skin for higher tier looking gear(I am talking you need to do it every day to get a set or farm post expansion to even have a shot kinda low)

But no stats no power just looks

Quote Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post

Personally, I'd have had an LFR-only skin and a normal+ skin.
    That's a really good idea. Perhaps suggest it through a more official channel? They might actually consider it or something like it.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    You can always go for the hidden and pvp skins.
    Not the PvP one - if my availability allowed for that, I'd be raiding normal / heroic with my guild.

The hidden skin for the Scythe is a super low RNG drop, so I might never see it.

haha get fukt i already got my 30/30 corrupted essences

If the reward were something tangible, like any kind of significant power gain I could understand that. But since the reward is only (in my case a rather ugly) weapon skin that is gated behind an annoying rng grind I have very little understanding for blizzard and their elitism stance here. That so much of the loot inside EN is rather shit comapred to mythic+ loot doesn't exactly help either.. Well, the thing is ugly so I don't really care if I have it now or in 8 weeks, the best I get out of it is a bit extra "lore".
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2016-10-12 at 04:11 AM.

You're serious?!? Now? After dozens of QQ topics in both EU and US forums complaining about trinkets and sets and how they cancel subs because they cannot have "nice stuff" "as casuals" anymore?

I didn't ask for tier in LFR, or trinkets. I hate them being there. I would make LFR story mode, yeah, can have cosmetics, I don't care, but NO DECENT GEAR. NONE.

But too late for that huh? A year of QQ convinced Blizz to give you back the most important stuff. Now be happy and kindly shut up, no more complaining, it's damn SHAMEFUL.
    Please, you dumb fucks were whining all thru Cata and MoP that the LFR stuff was decent and that wasn't fair. Nobody wanted to raid with you because of it. In Warlords you got your wish, LFR was nerfed of everything, gear, trinkets, set bonuses. An you know what happened, raiding numbers still dropped, players still didn't join raiding and the sub numbers plummeted. You had your "Raid or Die" expansion and it proved that raiding isnt where 99% of the player base wanted to be.

I got the 30/30 essences last week. Did all the quests after you've done it and it stopped at "wait for Nighthold to open". Which means you can't get the appearance until after sometime in January anyway. So there's absolutely no rush at all, and even if you only raid LFR you can kill some normal boss now and then and loot these essences over the course of the next 2-3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    I got the 30/30 essences last week. Did all the quests after you've done it and it stopped at "wait for Nighthold to open". Which means you can't get the appearance until after sometime in January anyway. So there's absolutely no rush at all, and even if you only raid LFR you can kill some normal boss now and then and loot these essences over the course of the next 2-3 months.
    Ah that explains why I have seen no one with the shitty appearance yet. Makes it even worse though, as the appearance would fit the "spooky" nightmare theme a lot better than what nighthold is supposed to be. Piss poor design descision in correlation with the tier set as well then, since the tier set looks all badass knight/LK-wannabe, very clean, almost noble and the weapons look like cobbled together garbage from corpses..

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    If the reward were something tangible, like any kind of significant power gain I could understand that. But since the reward is only (in my case a rather ugly) weapon skin that is gated behind an annoying rng grind I have very little understanding for blizzard and their elitism stance here. That so much of the loot inside EN is rather shit comapred to mythic+ loot doesn't exactly help either.. Well, the thing is ugly so I don't really care if I have it now or in 8 weeks, the best I get out of it is a bit extra "lore".
    Blizzard has no "elitism stance." That's a state of mind produced by the community, not the developers.

Putting significant hurdles in between a player and a shiny item skin/mount/title/etc is not what elitism is.

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    Blizzard has no "elitism stance." That's a state of mind produced by the community, not the developers.

Putting significant hurdles in between a player and a shiny item skin/mount/title/etc is not what elitism is.
    Maybe but people screaming at other people to git gud and you don't deserve what us hard cores "earned" certainly is.

Seriously look at the general mind set of all these people.

You are also in the same boat with them, as your previous post stated you hope people leave the game. That's a real great attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Ah that explains why I have seen no one with the shitty appearance yet. Makes it even worse though, as the appearance would fit the "spooky" nightmare theme a lot better than what nighthold is supposed to be. Piss poor design descision in correlation with the tier set as well then, since the tier set looks all badass knight/LK-wannabe, very clean, almost noble and the weapons look like cobbled together garbage from corpses..
    I mean the weapons don't share some kind of theme though. The Havoc DH one looks clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravex View Post
    Maybe but people screaming at other people to git gud and you don't deserve what us hard cores "earned" certainly is.

Seriously look at the general mind set of all these people.

You are also in the same boat with them, as your previous post stated you hope people leave the game. That's a real great attitude.

Maybe because some people spend hours on raiding in this game, it's their hobby. It makes no sense if you spend 1 hour each week and get the same kind of rewards as someone who spends far longer. Why is it even a problem though? It's just a cosmetic appearance and they wanted it gated behind actual group content, not sign up -> go AFK content.

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    I mean the weapons don't share some kind of theme though. The Havoc DH one looks clean.
    I was talking about DK. Unholy and frost both go for the "recyling the garbage from the pile of bones over there" look. Blood is just a weird scythe-mace with glowy orb, looks clean and might fit the set, but looks meh as well. Not to mention that the base colors don't even match the tier sets.. in case of unholy the yellow version would only fit the horde epic PvP set and blood is pink. Urgh :P.