Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I was talking about DK. Unholy and frost both go for the "recyling the garbage from the pile of bones over there" look. Blood is just a weird scythe-mace with glowy orb, looks clean and might fit the set, but looks meh as well. Not to mention that the base colors don't even match the tier sets.. in case of unholy the yellow version would only fit the horde epic PvP set..
    Well transmog is a thing now and it's just another choice of appearance. And isn't DK all about the recycled garbage and bones theme anyway?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    Millions are not going to quit over a cosmetic item being gated behind organized endgame content. To those who do quit over this, I say good riddance. This game doesn't need people like that anyway.
    All things aside: The game is about cosmetics. It's... kinda big, you know, the desire for appearances. Otherwise, this thread's main arguments would not exist:

- People want the cosmetics that they will not be able to get, because they want to look cool too!
    - People don't want others with the same cosmetic that they got, because need want to look unique and pretty!

In the end, it's about who gets to be fashion, and what they are willing to give.

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    Well transmog is a thing now and it's just another choice of appearance. And isn't DK all about the recycled garbage and bones theme anyway?
    Well, you know if you create an appearance specific to a class that is gated behind raiding and the only kind of new skin you get this expansion (in that specific area), then to at least somewhat match them to your tier set doesn't seem like such an outlandish demand. If anything this was the best opportunity they had in years to actually do that. It's just piss poor design. Of course I can fix that (and will), but this would have been preventable with ease in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Well, you know if you create an appearance specific to a class that is gated behind raiding and the only kind of new skin you get this expansion (in that specific area), then to at least somewhat match them to your tier set doesn't seem like such an outlandish demand. If anything this was the best opportunity they had in years to actually do that. It's just piss poor design. Of course I can fix that (and will), but this would have been preventable with ease in the first place.
    I'm pretty sure you'll see a bunch of added skins to artifacts in this expansion. It's honestly nothing special for DH but who gives a shit, it's another option.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravex View Post
    Maybe but people screaming at other people to git gud and you don't deserve what us hard cores "earned" certainly is.

Seriously look at the general mind set of all these people.

You are also in the same boat with them, as your previous post stated you hope people leave the game. That's a real great attitude.
    ._.

Properly quote me, at least. That's not at all what I said. What I said was that if people are really willing to quit the game because an optional cosmetic weapon skin is gated behind normal raiding, then I won't miss them. I don't think this game needs people who will cry and lash out and throw tantrums that everything they want can't be at their fingertips with a few clicks and no effort If rolling my eyes at players like that, whining and exaggerating about "millions" of people going up in arms over something so inconsequential makes me an elitist, then that just is what it is, I suppose.

As a side note: This, in a nutshell, is why there will always be an LFR. Because it would be pointless to remove LFR when all of the "you-don't-deserve-anything" attitudes would just shift to the next lowest level of play. There will always be a bottom rung of play and there will always be a group entitled clowns who believe that the bottom rung deserves nothing of value... it's both sad and funny when you think about it.

What's more funny is the fact that people that do LFR think they deserve more than they already get. I mean lets count it down: (1) they get to see the raid(maybe not in its full glory but still see it, so they experience the "complete" game). (2) They get good loot out of it (something better than quest gear and heroic dungeon gear) (3) This expansion they brought back tier sets (so they get the same tier as those that do normal/heroic/mythic with same bonuses just lower stat levels) (4) you get bonus gold for completing your queue for that wing. (5) You're on no set time, date, calendar. (6) You leaving or staying has no effect on the group (so its not like a raid team can drop you and blacklist you so you can't run with them).... there's other perks too just I though 6 was enough, yet you find the need to complain about not being able to get something that isn't needed but "wanted" for your character. EFFORT = REWARD... you want to buttonmash and afk run you get the rewards for doing so. You want the titles, mounts, unique items and better gear you put in the effort needed to get and achieve such items. Its that simple!!

P.S: before you say I'm a "elitist" or anything like that look me up... I've never completed a heroic raid, have only done a few normals. I know what I'm going to get by the effort I put in, I don't scream out that I should have what so and so has for "reasons"

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The gear from LFR is not "good" - passable would be a better description. If augment runes weren't in EN LFR, probably no-one would be running it more than once per wing.

I'm also curious as to the power of other classes' / specs' set bonuses. There have been a lot of comments in here that "LFR tier sets are good" despite the massively deflated ilvl in Nighthold LFR. I know that the 4-set for Balance is actually not very desirable at all, with talk of 2 set and off-pieces being a better way to go. Are the other 4 sets that good that even being 15 or more ilvls lower, they would still be worth getting? I find that somewhat questionable.

I'm not bagging on LFR because it is a great way to get people into raiding or let people who have no time to raid to see the story of the expac

HOWEVER the whole point of artifact skins is so show the achievement of what the player accomplished and being able to complete this in LFR is no achievement and it also not to make people who raid heroic and mythic mode feel that they have to farm LFR in order to complete it.

As someone who suffers from anxiety i know what it's like to not wanting to pug things in game or interact with other people but the best thing i can recommend you do is find a guild who can let you raid normal or above to your timetable and who are not a bunch of assholes

Deleted
    Why aren´t ppl whining about how certain calss get there hidden skin.
    Thats more bullshit than this.

Allowing legendaries to be completed in LFR is what started this entitlement chain.
    Hindsight is 20/20

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Allowing legendaries to be completed in LFR is what started this entitlement chain.
    Hindsight is 20/20
    Tbh if everyone has it then it ain't no legendary imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post
    Not the PvP one - if my availability allowed for that, I'd be raiding normal / heroic with my guild.

The hidden skin for the Scythe is a super low RNG drop, so I might never see it.
    The pvp one doesn't require any ratig or anything though. If you can grind drops in lfr you can queue for bgs for honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    100% how I felt about cloak/ring. I did ring on 1 char (was flex moad raidin') back then and 3 rings on my WoD toons. Literally only got the WoD ring because I had to.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I think that's something that Blizzard has realized as well. "Accessibility" is an important concept, but not if it comes at the expense of the experience that becomes accessible. The same realization is what led them to try and knock LFR down a peg and slot flex/normal into that role.

Blizzard need to embrace the auto-matchmaking system to the fullest and make normal/heroic raid and mythic0 queue able putting appropriate ilvl barriers like it is in FFXIV; guild and pugs will survive like companies and pugs have survived in ffxiv.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    I think that's something that Blizzard has realized as well. "Accessibility" is an important concept, but not if it comes at the expense of the experience that becomes accessible. The same realization is what led them to try and knock LFR down a peg and slot flex/normal into that role.
    They are doing it right this expansion, imo. They kept LFR interesting with tier and trinkets returning, but have offered nice incentives to try and push people into organized group content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandgato View Post
    They are doing it right this expansion, imo. They kept LFR interesting with tier and trinkets returning, but have offered nice incentives to try and push people into organized group content.
    I agree. I've said it several times now, and the entitled part of the LFR crowd refuses to hear it, but having equivalent gear at slightly lower ilvl provides people who want to move from LFR to N+ a viable path, instead of having to make do with the shite they got in WoD.

If anything, this iteration of LFR is the closest to getting it right Blizzard has come.

Admittedly, Runes being LFR only is a misstep and the difficulty is far too undertuned, but the fact is that otherwise it has been quite well done.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Normal mode is incredibly simple and can be pugged by anyone. Complaining about having to do normal mode is insipid. Grow a pair and run the raid on normal mode and wipe the tears from your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    You're aware that outside of selling carries, raiding itself is not that lucrative, right?
    Just put in the time and effort to make gold. It's easy. No reason for you not to have enough gold to buy runes. Runes dropping in LFR is fine.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LuminousAether View Post
    Normal mode is incredibly simple and can be pugged by anyone. Complaining about having to do normal mode is insipid. Grow a pair and run the raid on normal mode and wipe the tears from your eyes.
    Tired of seeing this. The hours I work mean I can't PuG normal, because there are typically no groups going at the times I can get on and play, and I'm typically not online for long enough to wait for a normal to fill. I have 11 years worth of raiding experience, for the record.

This notion that the users of LFR are all skilless noobs afraid to "step up" needs to go.