Thread: Kick

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rather have a system where it is easy to kick than hard.

Just look at Overwatch where you can't kick at all. That is a disaster. If you are stuck with one or more that really needs to be kicked, you are completly screwed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    I once got kicked for calling people by their class.
    Instead of writing their complex names with weird symbols i referred to them as "priest please dispel" or "warlock taunt off".

10 minutes into a very good (and rather quiet) dungeon run i suddenly got yelled at by two people for not using their character's names.
    I did not even get to write a response, i got kicked from the party - and i was the tank, we had no deaths or ninja looting... smooth run.

That happened to me back in Cataclysm.
    The event confused me so much i actually remember it rather well.
    Funny, didn't know they allowed them to have computers at the mental hospital. Oh, well, at least you win irl

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethrezen View Post
    Same. If they were kicked, it's 99.99% sure for a valid reason of non-contribution in some form or another.

Well you are just lucky so don't come up with made up statistics. Maybe in mythic thats the case but not in pug dungeons.

People get kicked for the dumbest reasons often (oh my god he does 5% less dps than me what a nub) or getting afk kicked just because you say you need to pee for a minute (I'm not talking about timed mythic dungeons, just heroics) . People are morons and try way too hard to be "the big thing" in this game.

+ Other people accept to kick mindlessly most of the time because this is how most of this community is: they do not like to think, they just want to tunnelvision the whole game

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maester View Post
    If you're getting kicked often enough to make a thread about it, you're probably at fault.

Or maybe he is just tired of seeing other players getting kicked by some childish prick and wasting time for the next person? I forgot no one cares about the other people in this game, what a great MMO community this is.

i like being able to kick someone thats been afk for the entire dungeon. before you had to wait 15+ minutes, and would finish before you kicked the afk scumbag.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    I can't believe x5 man kick option still exists in its current form .. I am 99.99% sure most people who vote yes just want to get rid of the annoying box that just appeared with no real desire to kick said player ..

Kicking should never be as easy as click a button and should require the human to actually think and give feedback to why she voted YES to a kick ..

At the very least said person would get input ..
    Nope, never seen that happen. Box appears, but you have 2 buttons you can press to make it go away, and if you don't know why you should be pressing yes, you press no. Easy.

Many people try to purposely kick others for no reason (or for idiotic, made up ones), but unless they are in their own asshole-filled party, their vote kick fails.

I was never kicked from the dungeon.
    Also did not see a single kick since Legion launch.
    I do a lot of heroics on alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    I once got kicked for calling people by their class.
    Instead of writing their complex names with weird symbols i referred to them as "priest please dispel" or "warlock taunt off".

10 minutes into a very good (and rather quiet) dungeon run i suddenly got yelled at by two people for not using their character's names.
    I did not even get to write a response, i got kicked from the party - and i was the tank, we had no deaths or ninja looting... smooth run.
    You were not kicked for calling them by their class name. It might just have pissed them further off. No, you were simply kicked because you told them how to play their class. Justified or not, this simply is a no-go in lfg.
    Generally put your chance to be kicked increases proportional to the amount of letters you write in the dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    You were not kicked for calling them by their class name. It might just have pissed them further off. No, you were simply kicked because you told them how to play their class. Justified or not, this simply is a no-go in lfg.
    Generally put your chance to be kicked increases proportional to the amount of letters you write in the dungeon.
    The sad, sad truth of what dungeons seem to have evolved to and yet another reason I have not played for so long. Dungeons should be a place to socialize, meet new people, and improve your play even.