Poll: What class has the best order hall campaign story?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What class has the best campaign story?

Here is the poll of polls. What class has the best campaign storyline?

So far I have two 110, Demon Hunter and Warlock. So, Demon hunter.
    Everyone in Legion need to make a DH, because Illidan.

DK seems to have a good storyline and Pally too. But I have just made the intro.

Hunter, Mage and Druid seems mehhh , uninteresting, just plain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Completed Hunter(on beta), paladin, DH, and working on monk... As a paladin it was cool to do some of the things and fight off some bad demons, but as a DH it felt a bit more connected to your story since you encountered you enemies while leveling and doing the campaigns a bit more. Hunter felt well... random as crap.

Rogue.

I've done the starting storyline for monk, rogue, warrior, DK, DH, mage, and shaman. I've completed the artifact quests for monk and rogue. Monk only because it was my main since MoP. But the rogue quest line just had so many fun, unique, and very "rogue" quests. Loved it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Death Knight is pretty great, though the bit where we rescue Koltira could've been zazzier.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've only done Mage and Hunter so far between the 2 Mage is the winner for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Death Knight is pretty great, though the bit where we rescue Koltira could've been zazzier.
    Yep, totally agree with both parts. I like reforming the Four Horseman against the Legion. Rescuing Koltira from Undercity seems "okay" for the Alliance, but I wonder how Horde Death Knights feel when they do that?

Rogues was quite interesting, and the storyline links to the Broken Shore questline which makes more sense.
    Shaman's questline is very similar to Death Knight's one as they are reuniting the Elemental Lords, but I still prefer the DK one.
    Warlock's early questline was okay, but I liked the last part of the questline.
    Others feel alright but doesn't intrigue me much.

7+ Year Old Account
    I only have one 110 which is a monk, and I thought the campaign was alright. There is a bit at the beginning where you evacuate the Peak of Serenity that I thought was pretty awesome but I have my hangups. The story mostly revolves around making this mythic brew with the help of the vrykul that will help you kill this big demon and it all wraps up pretty nicely. The acquisition of my artifacts was a paticular low point because Li Li tagged along and her dialogue and voice was atrocious and cringey as all fuck. It's a real shame too because I think all 3 monk artifacts are incredibly cool.

Not especially strong but I doubt it's the worst. I've seem some footage of the DK and Pally ones and they look super awesome but I suppose that shouldn't be a surprise given their artifacts and backstory.

I love how the Druid campaign is tied in to the expansion itself, and its baddies. Really, really cool.

Also liked Demon Hunter despite the overly 'sci-fi' elements.

Warrior was plain shit... completely out of whack and absurd. Monk is also pretty 'meh' despite the very cool and tense beginning.

Eager to do Warlock and Paladin ones.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2016-10-12 at 04:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played Warrior, Paladin, Hunter, Shaman, and Demon Hunter.

Warrior was the short-but-simple quests out of them (even if it is the longest campaign by far); lore was throwaway. Almost makes up for the worst artifacts in the game. Best class hall honestly (minus the arena minigame).

Paladin was ok until you teamed up with the priests and went to the shared area to save the "Original-the-Dreadlord", then I hated it. Also the Prot Paladin artifact is just a giant fuck-you to warriors in general.

Hunter was fetch-quest after another and Hakkar was a giant-ass disappointment. Poorly designed quests. Awful class-hall, but better than shaman.

Shaman made me want to kill myself. Reworked Enh was the only thing keeping me motivated. After I completed the campaign I stopped playing him. Garbage class hall as well.

I didn't finish Demon Hunter campaign yet (got to 110) but it was pretty forgettable past the 98-100 starter quests. Ok but annoying to navigate classhall.
    Last edited by ImpTaimer; 2016-10-12 at 04:55 AM.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Having played the DK one and seen the druid one I think druid. Heck it you want to know about some of the bosses in EN you practically only get that backstory by playing a druid.. DH I'm about 90% done but can't really care enough to finish it.

Dk one was nice for the most part, but the ending was pants on head retarded, made no sense and was a huge (easily spoiled) troll on top of that.

DH, despite being oh so important with illidan, was fairly meh so far. More about the wardens mostly which is just boring as they are just a group of 1 dimensional cunts, but I guess that fits the emo motive of demon hunters as well. "I sacrificed everything.." I did fucking too, you moron, I'm one as well.. fuck that audio clip.

Deleted
    I don't like the SCI-FI in WoW, i tried to forget that the Draenei came to Azeroth with a spaceship and now the Demonhunters have a "spaceship" in their control and for what do i use it? i bombard squirrels and grells riding bears.

death knight ending was a cop out, they should have went with fordring as the fourth horsemen

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't suuuuper excited by the Priest one, but I was definitely interested.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    His rescue was extremely underwhelming, especially since he had an awesome quest line back in cata..
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    I really like the Rogue story, fully played Druid, Warrior, DH and Rogue and liked them all kind of, rogue is clearly my favourite. Nice little tidbits of lore, nice dialogues, nice major lorepoints and most noteworthy the playstyle of the quests. You sneak, you steal, you kill and all for the greater good. ... mostly, I'd say ;D Very fun.

My list up to now would be rogue>druid>warrior>DH with DH being more fun to play than warrior, but I liked the warrior story and overall theme more.

7+ Year Old Account
    None of campaign is worth remembering.
    They are so corny and bland, I wish you could skip them on alts.
    retired raiding shadow priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    WoW will never die. They will be back up to 12m+ subs when legion hits, and wont fall below 10m for the duration of the expansion. You can mark my words on that.

Deleted
    I've done the full warrior and startup on shaman/priest.

Probably biased but after having played the warrior campaign I think both shaman and priest are lacking a bit in connection to Broken Isles.
    The Naaru-theme never really worked that well for me and besides the artifact- and Illidan-stuff I haven't seen them as an integrated part of this expansion which kinda makes the priest theme a bit dull.
    Shaman, maelstrom and earthen ring makes sense but why the f*ck are they starting in pandaland monk monestary? Don't get me wrong I never really had any objections regarding MoP or the lore there but there are a bunch of other places I'd rather place the shaman campaign and tie it to old-school lore.

Warrior. I'm always hyped for a proper campaign and this one was definitely one of the best stories I've ever played in wow. Been longing for class quests since Vanilla(although they were few and far apart back then). Connecting warrior campaign to Odyn and the gang is excellent and fits the theme very nice although it's slightly "new" lore (or oldest goes back to wotlk). However... so much of the lore is tied into Stormheim and the Valarjar so I think it's a big missed opportunity not to connect those dots a bit more. I know you would need something similar for other classes (i.e. Druids for Val'Shara, hunters/shamans for Highmountain) but to have active connection between the "race/campaign factions" and the world factions would feel much more immersive. Doing a shit-ton of activities for Odyn as a warrior and still have Valajar as the faction with lowest rep (due to slacking wq grind in Stormheim) just feels a little wierd/lackluster.

Only done 3 enough to comment in detail - Druid, Hunter and DK (voted DK).

Druid is nice enough, it wins hands down on prettiness and art assets because they could reuse so much of EN/Val'Sharah. The Bodyguard however sucks (Broll Bearmantle, who's bugged, doesn't appear in forms to the Druid & refuses to tank). It all looks very nice (lovely place to AFK) and in theory it ties in with the raid (which is funny when it's the expansion about the legion invading and we're fighting the nightmare/elves), but it feels a bit shallow - I honestly can't even remember the storyline of the campaign, so it wasn't memorable. Teleport to class hall is a massive bonus. Not bad by any means, and certainly better than the class campaigns/factions that got hashed out of nothing (looking at you Hunter class hall).

Hunter is ... awful, just awful. You basically get to lead some group of neverheardof following some spirit of noname in a hut on an ugly mountain (and half the campaign is farming shit for some magic arrows). The entire class hall and campaign is just boring in general. Bodyguards are at least reasonable, no teleport to class hall is also terrible (and the eagle flightpaths are an abomination). IDK, maybe I'm just bitter about that hideous gun artifact and them trashing my favourite spec into a melee spec that's bad for raiding and 5-mans...

DK is only level 103 but I loved the story from the get go - Icecrown, working with the LK, ressing a new set of 4 horsemen? Yes please. They lack in art assets sure, with the whole Acherus reused, but their storyline the most engaging for me by far (as in I actually want to level the character to see the rest of it, whereas hunter I just wanted it to end already). Also brilliant bodyguards (I'd prefer Thassarian but Koltira is a great second choice) and portal to class hall - win win.

Just started Paladin and looking all their hall and their background lore I'm gonna guess they're a close contender with DK (I just don't really enjoy the whole holy warrior of the light theme much, myself). DH also started out pretty awesome (I mean you basically get your own spaceship) so I'd imagine that'll continue to be interesting.

Looking at votes, seems I need to try out my Rogue!
    Last edited by Kaiarra; 2016-10-12 at 08:44 AM.

It's easily DK for me, with DH and rogue close second and third so far.

Quote Originally Posted by kencloudli View Post
    Rescuing Koltira from Undercity seems "okay" for the Alliance, but I wonder how Horde Death Knights feel when they do that?
    I don't exclusively play Horde, but I loved it. It's one of the reasons I favor the DK and DH campaigns, neither of which can be arsed with Horde & Alliance. They've got their own faction and hierarchy. It was nice to not be this 'hero of the Horde/Alliance'. I was a death knight doing what death knights do.

Agreed about Thassarian and Koltira. I would've liked more out of Battle for Undercity Part II, but theirs was such a guy interaction. "Been awhile." "Yep."

Quote Originally Posted by Whitetroll View Post
    Probably biased but after having played the warrior campaign I think both shaman and priest are lacking a bit in connection to Broken Isles.
    Unfortunately for shaman it's all about Cata. As someone who hated that expansion it's really tainted the whole shaman experience. Nearly everything about their campaign is firmly rooted in it. The NPCs, the zones/dungeons, and the class hall itself. It's definitely toward the bottom of my list as a result.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson