Thread: Legendary Items

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291 View Post
    Getting a legendary is an astronomical advantage in a raid environment. Why bring person A when person B is the same spec and has the OP legendary, simply because they had a lucky drop? You should definitely need to work to get a legendary, the fact that it's just "oh hey you won the WoW lottery today" is fucking stupid.
    And the legendaries drop far more frequent from raid bosses so that person should get a second or third before you because his chances are almost doubled

Deleted
    I am really fed up with those threads, with main topic which is qq no leggie, i am unsubbing.

You know what? I have 2, but only because i put maximum effort to game, did LFR, N and HC EN every week, did over 70 M+ Dungeons and loads of other stuff. People in guild who does this with me has AT LEAST one legendary too. If you hoping you gonna get your leggie from daily cache or some rare mob is bad.

Also the leggies actually give you reason to do HCs, when you bored, do Mythc non plus, LFR.. So you can carry the groups and make the stuff easier for them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    stop crying for legendaries and warforged gear. When that shit drops you are supposed to have an oh shit moment not cry about rng. Your post is even worse because you got one and your qqing for a different one lol
    While I hate these "Im quitting because of x" -threads, I got to agree with OP. Between WotlK and WoD, you had to work hard to get quaranteed Legendary, which was always useful and rewarding af. Now you pray rng to NOT get the bad item, which only reduces your chances to get the good item.

Why I quoted you, is because of defending wf/tf system... First of all it doesn't make any sense to get mythic raid level gear from normal 5man, and secondly when you get that item from mythic raid, it shouldnt feel like "oh its not even wf/socketed". With this system you will always feel bad for getting that "normal" item.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the RNG aspect of acquiring a legendary but definitely think that when you finally get one the payoff should be high. Imagine buying tickets for months in an attempt to win the lottery, then to win the lottery and be rewarded with a piece of coal and then told you'd have a near zero chance of winning the lottery again until you buy another few months worth of tickets.
    I'd rather instead if the legendary drop was a token which could be exchanged for a legendary of your choice. That'd be a perfect system for me.

7+ Year Old Account
    MYTHIC RAIDERS should have more % on legendary drop per mythic RAID boss kill. LFR WQ geared Casuals should have less than 1%.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrage View Post
    I am really fed up with those threads, with main topic which is qq no leggie, i am unsubbing.

You know what? I have 2, but only because i put maximum effort to game, did LFR, N and HC EN every week, did over 70 M+ Dungeons and loads of other stuff. People in guild who does this with me has AT LEAST one legendary too. If you hoping you gonna get your leggie from daily cache or some rare mob is bad.

Also the leggies actually give you reason to do HCs, when you bored, do Mythc non plus, LFR.. So you can carry the groups and make the stuff easier for them.
    I did more than you and I only have one. And yeah also did 400+ HC dungeons before i got the neck inside a cache, few days ago...

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ..and that is what I call hyperbole at its finest. How terrible are those legendaries you speak of? Do they drop with agility when you needed int? Or is it more a matter of you being in ilv 880 already when a 895 drops that you can be picky...because I sure as hell would love any 50 ilv upgrade....
    no they drop without e.g. haste on neck when i need hast eon my neck for it to be worth equipping

or i can get one of the countless worthless legendaries, like the boots that grant movement speed for a spec that avoids haste, or the healer ring that's a hps decrease, or the waist that does nothing outside of pvp, or... when such items dropping makes it less likely for you to get insanely strong bis pieces that you'd wear throughout the entire expansion even if they were ilvl 800 then all having those items drop for you is just going to piss you off. or it should
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account

You got 2, because you were lucky, end of story. I know people, who did all you mentioned and they didn't get legendary. It's not a progress, it's a chance. You might increase your chances with farm, but in the end of the day it's all about luck.

You would be right, if there was some legendary quest "get 10000 pieces of stuff" which drops from bosses, chests, etc. That would be a meaningful bad luck protection. That would give me a reason to go to heroic. Not a tiny random chance.

Deleted

I cleared nm/hm every week since it openend i done all mythics when they openend up. I did my cache everyday. I did every world quests for weeks.
    I farmed a shit load of Mythic+ I have over 12d played and I am still don't have any.

Playing this game for hours a day doesn't improve you getting the legendary at all. People are saying RNG is RNG.
    I am getting reports from people that friends are getting legendarys dropped by the dozen while they dont even play much (log in 2-5 hours per week).
    Yes this system is completly balanced... not....

Deleted
    Could ofc be your "friends" that get them "dropped by the dozen" are bullshitting you.

Because really what we have mostly here is people with no legendaries (or 1) and "reports" (aka hearsay) on what is happening out in the game.

Time for the MMO C crew to crawly the armory and sample the actual amount of legendaries. that ppl have equipped.

Funny how this turned into "worthless legendary shit" when before it was "legendaries will decide the World first race"
    No my friends aint bullshitting me... I dont know what kind of friends you got that they are constantly bullshitting you, but maybe you need to seek new friends.
    Also there is a built in feature in WoW called guild news where you can see what people looted.
    Multiple times the same people getting legendaries.

Hey just having one in your bag is a massive advantage since most of the player base is so ignorant that just being able to link it, show it equipped, and the item level gain is enough for them to throw out far more skilled and dedicated party members from their groups without even a second thought.

If you are lucky enough to be around people that are above this ignorant behavior you have pretty much already won at the game. I mean people want to point at great legendaries that took a whole expansion to get and compare them to these. Hello? You just got it like a month into the expansion. Odds are you will have like 5 or 6 in your bags before you started the last "grind 30 lizard hearts" from the last raid to get your first in the old system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirthealer View Post
    I think ur own logic apply's to u too. there is a lot with the system when it comes to stats and weighting. on top of the fact u could spend months farming for one just to get something that is 100% useless... I can tell u did not play D3 1.0... just some foresight for u, it did not end well.

Not really. People WANT to be given everything today, that is NOT the way the game worked and should work.
    As for D3. I did play it at the start, I didn't like it.

The drop system isn't perfect now, but demanding to be given exact loot choice is just amusing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemski View Post
    Between WotlK and WoD, you had to work hard to get quaranteed Legendary, which was always useful and rewarding af.
    I'd argue doing a couple of guests/dungeons and afk-ing in LFR was hard work (WoP/WoD).
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Funny how this turned into "worthless legendary shit" when before it was "legendaries will decide the World first race"
    those are not mutually exclusive

if anything it's the opposite, as both exacerbate the problems presented by the other
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutricul View Post
    I'd argue doing a couple of guests/dungeons and afk-ing in LFR was hard work (WoP/WoD).
    Lfr only if you were late on your questline...

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    and here i was pretty sure having your bis item go from a 25%-something drop to a 0.001%-something drop was decrease in predictability

that mustve just been me being a moron though
    I didn't say anything about drop rate, It might be shit and you know where it comes from - from my own experiance for the record, I made a shaman to raid properly (first time ever playing one) and I hit 100 11 days ago, logging in casually for a 2/3 hours a night I've hit 844 - no normal raiding done yet - one bout of lfr with just one drop. I have more than a fair few pieces which are bis I can currently get. Its really not hard when compared to say TBC? Or early wrath?

Deleted
    I want no legendaries whatsoever.

They're there just to make pugger lives worse. You don't need them to beat current content, even on mythic difficulty.
    They don't feel rewarding. If you finally get one and it's shit, then you're more angry than happy tbh. This shouldn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightwolve View Post
    I love how people think rarity through RNG is befitting of a legendary item. There is nothing whatsoever legendary about getting an orange item from the wolf you accidentally pulled while farming herbs for raid consumables. I wasn't a fan of the WoD or MoP systems either but this is a horrible system. Last legendary I enjoyed getting was the Fangs of the Father. It had it all, class specific game-play, a story, an investment of gold, a grind and most of all, it felt LEGENDARY!!!!
    Well, I'd argue there wasn't anything legendary about the daggers either. If you were next in line in your raid guild you essentially had a guaranteed legendary. Apart from the small amount of solo stuff you wouldn't have to put in any effort considering you'd most likely be raiding anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    MYTHIC RAIDERS should have more % on legendary drop per mythic RAID boss kill. LFR WQ geared Casuals should have less than 1%.
    And they have.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    And you can farm that trinket for weeks and not get it and someone, same spec guy, freshly dinged lvl110, going in 1st time get Titanforged....
    Ignoring the fact I was talking about something different, Taking the titanforged out of the equation, hows that any different from any other expansion?

Early wrath, I ran VH to get that heroic VH tanking trinket as it was pretty dammed awesome, ran it every day, never saw it. The one time I went to dps on my lock so a guild tank who just hit 80 to run all the instances, guess what? It dropped for him. I didn't complain and bitch, I said sods law, laughed and carried on. Its called RNG and if your getting triggered (and I don't mean to aim this at you, but in general) this early in the expansion, then you may as well quit. I'm not saying its a perfect system, personally I think it should of been implemented later in the expansion as a catch up mech, but its what we have

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Ignoring the fact I was talking about something different, Taking the titanforged out of the equation, hows that any different from any other expansion?

Early wrath, I ran VH to get that heroic VH tanking trinket as it was pretty dammed awesome, ran it every day, never saw it. The one time I went to dps on my lock so a guild tank who just hit 80 to run all the instances, guess what? It dropped for him. I didn't complain and bitch, I said sods law, laughed and carried on. Its called RNG and if your getting triggered (and I don't mean to aim this at you, but in general) this early in the expansion, then you may as well quit. I'm not saying its a perfect system, personally I think it should of been implemented later in the expansion as a catch up mech, but its what we have
    It is since one trinket wouldn't give you 15% dps increase or if you have 2 that are perfect for your class/spec possibly even >25% Also you know where that trinket drops, not having luck in getting it because you can kill that boss once each week is completely different to killing 2000 bosses on HC and 500+ on mythic ( mythic + included ) and getting legendary that gives you less dps than ilvl855 quest drop.