Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How do the Titanstrike Golden Traits affect the gameplay?

I recently got my Hunter to 110 and as someone who likes to play high-end PVE i rushed into discovering what spec i wanted to play and where i'd invest my AP, but instead i found myself really thinking about which spec i wanted to play.

Im having trouble deciding between BM and MM because the Titanstrike golden traits seem to be a very, very big deal. All the 3 golden traits seem to be a huge improvement to the spec and im thinking that it can change the gameplay by alot, and without any hunter friends to talk about that i decided to come here.

I want to hear especially from the BM hunter who managed to get atleast 2 Golden Traits already: How much did it change the spec? and i dont mean in terms of damage, but in terms of gameplay? Both Titan's Thunder and Surge of the Stormgod seem to be a big change on the playstyle and it got me intrigued if it plays different using those!

I have the second gold trait is nice but doesn't change much. If you only plan on doing 5mans bm is a beast but if you want to raid in any seriousness just focus on MM and dump enough into bm only for the first 13 points.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    BM scales with artifact traits much, much harder than marks does. Surge of the Stormgod does more damage than multi-shot, and makes it optimal to spam multi-shot whenever there's >= 4 mobs. Beast mastery still doesn't compete with marks in Emerald Nightmare though.

I keep 18 points in titanstrike and dump the rest into thas'dorah

To be quite honest, as a BM hunter that has 2 golden dragons (Can't remember the name of the one that makes Hati cleave and kill command) and Titan's Thunder, the only one that actually changes gameplay at all is going to be Titan's Thunder. Surge of the Stormgod is just a chance to make your AOE better, you can't control it and it doesn't change your rotation at all, and making Hati react to your pet abilities just makes them stronger, no change. Titan's Thunder is something you'll want to use pretty much on CD, hopefully with bestial wrath up, and immediately following a dire beast cast. I've seen some people saying "Hold it until you get a quick dire beast reset after a dire beast cast!" But that's just wrong. If you're delaying it a few seconds for BW, that's fine. if you're delaying it for 10-20 seconds just to hope for good RNG and so you can have 2 dire beasts out when you use it, that's wrong. It really doesn't change gameplay at all, you just use it after dire beasts for a small damage boost. The golden traits are mostly set and forget for BM. I would even go so far as to say if you cuold macro it to your dire beast to cast after DB, it would be an easy one button as Titan's Thunder is not on the GCD (I think, someone correct me if I'm wrong here)

The first one does nothing.
    The second one does nothing.
    The third one you press once every minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    The first one does nothing.
    The third one you press once every minute.
    How does Thas'Dorah Golden traits affect the gameplay?

The first one makes retarded spell even more retarded.
    The third one does nothing.

Wow this 3 rng-locked spec is so cool!

Only Titan's Thunder, the last of the traits you should go after, changes your gameplay at all by giving you another cooldown. The other two simply augment your existing playstyle, and don't really have any effect on ability useage or priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Renhiv View Post
    How does Thas'Dorah Golden traits affect the gameplay?

The first one makes retarded spell even more retarded.
    The third one does nothing.

Wow this 3 rng-locked spec is so cool!
    Okay? OP was asking what gameplay impact the BM goldens had and he got the answer, I don't actually give a fuck about whether you think MM is exciting or not and nor does the OP, so spare me your bitching. It's off-topic, unconstructive and frankly makes you look like a fucking joke considering my post didn't even comment on whether BM is exciting or not.

Okay? OP was asking what gameplay impact the BM goldens had and he got the answer, I don't actually give a fuck about whether you think MM is exciting or not and nor does the OP, so spare me your bitching. It's off-topic, unconstructive and frankly makes you look like a fucking joke considering my post didn't even comment on whether BM is exciting or not.
    If it's any consolation, I was jealous of the fact that you summarized my post up in 3 simple statements and even got a chuckle out of how true it was! Thanks for all the work you do on Hunter guides, you help lots!

Surge of the Stormgod affects your 4+ target rotation even though it makes it even more simpler it still does affect how you play the spec depending on scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Renhiv View Post
    Surge of the Stormgod affects your 4+ target rotation even though it makes it even more simpler it still does affect how you play the spec depending on scenario.
    If you can do KC's without missing any Beast Cleave uptime, that's still gonna be worth it. And that's possible, but not easy.

Deleted
    I have a question on titans thunder.. i usually cast dire beast before i use it.. because when i did titans thunder followed by dire beast.. i never saw lightning shoot out of my dire beast so assumed it only worked on pets that were up before u cast it..

Now i see people saying different

Deleted
    Try it on a dummy? In 180k I can answer this

Quote Originally Posted by Fetacheese View Post
    BM scales with artifact traits much, much harder than marks does. Surge of the Stormgod does more damage than multi-shot, and makes it optimal to spam multi-shot whenever there's >= 4 mobs. Beast mastery still doesn't compete with marks in Emerald Nightmare though.

I keep 18 points in titanstrike and dump the rest into thas'dorah

lol no, MM with 20>BM with 20, how that its scaling better as bm? you need 26 traits in BM for comparing the two artifact, and the MM artifact its a lot better than the BM one.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    If hati ever gets buffed the first golden dragon will be insane.
    The 2nd one helps out on AoE considerably but it's RNG. If RNG is good it's usually 2nd or 3rd in damage on an AoE fight.
    3rd dragon I don't have but it puts BM single target above MM.

angry neckbeard alert

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snootylol View Post
    I have a question on titans thunder.. i usually cast dire beast before i use it.. because when i did titans thunder followed by dire beast.. i never saw lightning shoot out of my dire beast so assumed it only worked on pets that were up before u cast it..

Now i see people saying different
    It works as you'd expect. It doesn't work on beasts you summon after toggling Titan's thunder, so you need to summon them beforehand.

On Skada you get three lines: Titan's Thunder: <Pet name>, Titan's Thunder: Hati and Titan's Thunder: Beast.

I don't have 28 BM traits, btw. I'm one of those casual roleplaying guys who chose to gimp their Beastmastery artifact by going the other way round. I have a ton of experience with Titan's Thunder as a result, but my dps is far from competitive. I feel Titan's Thunder is mostly meant to close the gap between Dire Frenzy and Stomp. Spoiler alert, it's still crappy dps, but at least the actual gap seem to be more like 7-8% single target on a dummy instead of 10-20% something, since you don't need to wait for a Wild Hunt proc to make it worth a keypress, you essentially just need BW and DF to be up together within 7 seconds or something.

It's also a decent PVP trait, the burst with Dire Frenzy is actually strong and far more controllable than with Stomp. Even if you don't Dire Frenzy before the end of the Thunder duration, the next DF within 30s will still deal its additional damage, so all you need is to have a Dire Frenzy up within the first 7 seconds of a Beastial Wrath to deal full Titan's Thunder damage. At my ilvl (846), that's between 1 and 1.5 million damage on a dummy from Thunder alone per activation, give or take.

I'm not quite sure skilled players will find a way to make this controllable burst worth it (maybe in some super gimmicky encounter?) but on a personal level, and to reply to the OP's question, I have to say DF+Thunder is far more satisfying gameplay than stomping until the cows go home.
    Last edited by mmocf5c82f11ca; 2016-10-12 at 07:34 AM. Reason: fixed vague answer to quoted post.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keygy View Post
    lol no, MM with 20>BM with 20, how that its scaling better as bm? you need 26 traits in BM for comparing the two artifact, and the MM artifact its a lot better than the BM one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetacheese
    Beast mastery still doesn't compete with marks in Emerald Nightmare though.
    Each Artifact point is going to give a bigger % damage increase to BM than to MM. That does not mean that beast mastery deals more damage.
    http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/marksma...ps-simulations
    http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/beast-m...ps-simulations

Azor (and others),

Questions on Titan's Thunder that I want to double check, despite having already read your excellent guide on IV.

1. Is it always best to use TT, on cooldown, immediately after summoning a Dire Beast?
    2. Is it ever advisable to hold TT until there are 2+ Dire Beasts on the field?

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flc View Post
    Azor (and others),

Questions on Titan's Thunder that I want to double check, despite having already read your excellent guide on IV.

1. Is it always best to use TT, on cooldown, immediately after summoning a Dire Beast?
    2. Is it ever advisable to hold TT until there are 2+ Dire Beasts on the field?
    I'm not the best hunter but, I would try and line it up with BW no matter how many dire beasts are out