Thread: Necrotic Rot?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Necrotic Rot?

So last week my team did a +10 mythic. This week are constantly dieing because necrotic rot. How are you guys dealing with it??

Deleted
    Two tanks.

People have been saying use two tanks, but you can kite and drop the stacks too.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming you don't cheese it and instead use one tank like you're meant to, trash is generally not a big deal. You just have to use some careful use of stuns and CC or depending on the pack you can also kite around a bit. It does slow you down but it's not undoable.

The real problem with Necrotic is some of the boss fights. I still think it's stupid that it works on bosses. Most of them are ok, and you will drop your stacks in downtime sections of the fight without having to worry about it too much... but some other bosses don't have breaks and move too quickly and attack too fast to easily kite and drop stacks. In these cases you NEED someone in the group with a taunt & cooldown who can help you reset your stacks or you're in trouble.
    Last edited by Leih; 2016-10-12 at 08:28 AM.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Cry like EU did 2 weeks ago.

15+ Year Old Account
    As a DH tank I could just kite to drop stacks. My healer would usually call out. But I heard blood DK's are fucked
    It does however favor tanks who don't rely on self healing as much as DH/DK.
    Last edited by Strawberry; 2016-10-12 at 08:32 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellianar View Post
    Cry like EU did 2 weeks ago.
    Your post is everything that is wrong with this world

The Fel Lord Boss in Arcway was a Nightmare for me. He's too fast to kite and doesn't stand still long enough. Trying to get my stacks off honestly just got me killed by running into hazards as I desperatly tried to get away from him.

Eventually we just yolo'd and I stood still getting the healing buff to 70% where I inevitably died, then DPS, and Pally healer bubbled and Holy Shocked im to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Ok. Still true though, this affixe is a fucking nightmare, even on the least dangerous packs it's annoying, on some specific trashes it's a guaranteed multi wipe fest for the entire group (Arcway entrance blobs). Boss are okayish as soon as they don't summon adds and they have a mechanic that let the tank kite them to drop stacks which isn't that common.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal View Post
    The Fel Lord Boss in Arcway was a Nightmare for me. He's too fast to kite and doesn't stand still long enough. Trying to get my stacks off honestly just got me killed by running into hazards as I desperatly tried to get away from him.

Eventually we just yolo'd and I stood still getting the healing buff to 70% where I inevitably died, then DPS, and Pally healer bubbled and Holy Shocked im to death.
    I HAD to die and get a BRez for us to go through him. losing a dps taunting the boss for me to destack means we can't end the fight fast enough.

We have a DK tank that that is the most active in the guild for M+, that week we did cry D:

just use your cc abilities to kite

alternatively, use 2 tanks

or bring paladins to reset stacks with bubble and bop

definitely a harsh affix, but it seems designed mostly to punish groups without aoe stuns.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by Mellomania View Post
    We have a DK tank that that is the most active in the guild for M+, that week we did cry D:
    It felt like hell to tank necrotic as a Warrior with 2 intercept and a 24 seconds heroic leap. Didn't even think about tanks with no mobility... Rip.
    Last edited by Ellianar; 2016-10-12 at 09:19 AM.

Deleted
    Not really, affixes are the differences of being able to comfortably do a 10 one week and struggling with 9 another week.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudikof View Post
    Not really, affixes are the differences of being able to comfortably do a 10 one week and struggling with 9 another week.
    Ultimately, there is nothing wrong about that, as long as the whole region has the same experience. Which it does.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellomania View Post
    sounds like a l2p issue. I had no problems tanking 9+ dungeons. kite mobs, get dps to taunt bounce between the tank and themselves. It's not a hard affix unless you throw fortified in to the mix.

Guildies were doing 10s all night long and one group did a 13...

Don't think its as huge of a deal for some.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Necrotic is one of the most comp & dungeon specific affixes for difficulty before the 10+ ones - The difference between running without aoe stuns is night and day. The difference between running a dk/dh tank and say a bear is even more extreme than usual.

There's some really nasty catch 22 situations like second boss court where (reminding raging counts for her adds too) silencing/interrupting just going to cause them to put 5 stacks on the tank instantly and likely 10 within 2 seconds. Not interrupting them while dpsing them will cause a likely wipe due to raging firebolt hitting someone or just general damage from a lot of embers. Don't have stuns? Tough luck. It looks like they've been working on fixing the LoS'ing around the statue too.

Second time we switched our group from myself as veng and druid as dps to druid as tank and myself as havoc. Suddenly it felt in line with other affixes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Bring shaman healer for aoe stun and spirit link totem (effectively bypasses necrotic healing reduction as long as it lasts).

Deleted
    As healing druid i used bear affinity to occasionally taunt of the boss for dropping the debuff.
    On trash typhoon + ursol gives a tank enough time once every minute to escape, combined with shockwave its a sure thing