Page 1 of 2
LastLast

MM hunter gaps in rotation?

Hi. Is it normal having gaps in your rotation? Like having 2-4 seconds of not having anything to press except auto attack? I am using a TMW profile and it seems like at certain conditions it doesn't suggest anything to use for a good 2-4 seconds.

Deleted
    Those gaps are for disenchanting.

You are most likely overlapping Vulnerability on the target by using Marked Shot too quickly instead of using another Aimed Shot or two.

But yeah, you will get into situations where you're better off pooling energy when Vulnerability isn't on the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Vejovis View Post
    Those gaps are for disenchanting.
    Haha, no really. Are they normal? I'm playing hunter as my alt and going from enhancement shaman to MM these gaps feel really strange.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by K4sk View Post
    You are most likely overlapping Vulnerability on the target by using Marked Shot too quickly instead of using another Aimed Shot or two.

But yeah, you will get into situations where you're better off pooling energy when Vulnerability isn't on the target.
    Nah, its chesder's profile and it tells me to use marked shot when there are like 2-3 secs left on vulnerable, but I am still seeing gaps.

I only have gaps when i use sidewinder procs too early and cap focus.

Simcraft got a 16.42% waiting time in their MM Sim, so it should be normal to have some downtime, even with near perfect rotation.

Lock and Load procs also play a role in those gaps (if you are using the talent). Sometimes you're lucky and the proc happens when those gaps would normally be, sometimes you're not so lucky.

You know, after reading this thread last night in our Heroic Xavious I did noticed getting energy starved during trueshot/lust rotation.
    This is my rotation, the starvation came after the 3rd sidewinder-aimedshot-markedshot

Precast Windburst > Murder of Crows>Trueshot aura>Sidewinder>Aimedshot>Marked shot>Aimed shot>Aimed shot>Sidewinder ect.. and proceed with that rotation making sure to hit windburst and MoC on cooldown. My burst dps during that cool down was well in the 800k but then i started seeing energy starves Sidewind>Aimedshot>Markedshot>Aimedshot Starved for 3-5 seconds > Sidewinder ect... I must be doing something wrong.
    >

Quote Originally Posted by Harakka View Post
    Murder of Crows
    Outch ......
    < Armory >
    Proud Hunter since Vanilla
    Progress raider since Burning Crusade

Gaps are completely normal in the rotation. They do not tend to happen to incredibly frequently but do not fret and do not be tempted to used another sidewinders unless you are about to either a. have 2 charges b. wait until marking targets is up.

You know, after reading this thread last night in our Heroic Xavious I did noticed getting energy starved during trueshot/lust rotation.
    This is my rotation, the starvation came after the 3rd sidewinder-aimedshot-markedshot

Precast Windburst > Murder of Crows>Trueshot aura>Sidewinder>Aimedshot>Marked shot>Aimed shot>Aimed shot>Sidewinder ect.. and proceed with that rotation making sure to hit windburst and MoC on cooldown. My burst dps during that cool down was well in the 800k but then i started seeing energy starves Sidewind>Aimedshot>Markedshot>Aimedshot Starved for 3-5 seconds > Sidewinder ect... I must be doing something wrong.
    >
    Your opener is incorrect. Follow the Icy Veins guide opener so that you can get as many Marked Shots during Trueshot aura as possible.

It's normal to be focus starved at some points of the fight given the RNG tied to Sidewinders/Marking Targets. If you're a blood elf, don't forget to use your racial on cooldown to get focus (but don't focus cap) unless you need the extra silence/interrupt for a fight mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakam View Post
    Outch ......
    Depends on the fight. But MoC is better for single target fights. Of course anything with more than 1 attackable mob is Barrage. So it is not as bad you're making it out to be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    Depends on the fight. But MoC is better for single target fights. Of course anything with more than 1 attackable mob is Barrage. So it is not as bad you're making it out to be.
    you are right but he was posting an opener from xavius as he mentioned and using crows here doesnt seem optimal

Quote Originally Posted by Wewur View Post
    you are right but he was posting an opener from xavius as he mentioned and using crows here doesnt seem optimal
    This is the 3rd time I've killed Xavius and the 2nd time using MOC on him because I pulled about +15-20k more compared to barrage. During phase 2 when the adds are walking towards xavius from all directions. I'm able to affectively refresh on every add(at least 5-6) and then focus on Xavious. The only time i can see barrage pulling ahead a bit is in Phase 1 when he spawns the 1 Add. I still belive that MOC is better in Xavious. Though I will try barrage again next week to make sure. I will also open with the suggested icyvein opener of

Windburst precast - MOC - Sidewinder - Marked shot - Aimedshot until below 80-energy. Thanks all for the reasonable suggestions.
    Last edited by Harakka; 2016-10-13 at 07:37 PM.

If you use MoC on Xavius then you can't pad on the tentacles.

That's a deal breaker!

This is the 3rd time I've killed Xavius and the 2nd time using MOC on him because I pulled about +15-20k more compared to barrage. During phase 2 when the adds are walking towards xavius from all directions. I'm able to affectively refresh on every add(at least 5-6) and then focus on Xavious. The only time i can see barrage pulling ahead a bit is in Phase 1 when he spawns the 1 Add. I still belive that MOC is better in Xavious. Though I will try barrage again next week to make sure. I will also open with the suggested icyvein opener of

Windburst precast - MOC - Sidewinder - Marked shot - Aimedshot until below 80-energy. Thanks all for the reasonable suggestions.
    Your anecdotal evidence is shit.
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

Quote Originally Posted by Allanon23 View Post
    If you use MoC on Xavius then you can't pad on the tentacles.

That's a deal breaker!
    Barrage is still better, theres a thing called adds that needs to die, crows takes too long to do any worthwhile dmg
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanines View Post
    Barrage is still better, theres a thing called adds that needs to die, crows takes too long to do any worthwhile dmg
    That actually makes more sense. Thanks. Noted

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Finbezwaz View Post
    Your anecdotal evidence is shit.
    Why is it that there's also one person such as your self that adds nothing to conversation other than ignorance and just plain keyboard rage? Everyone else is sharing their knowledge, opinion or just helping regardless of what others and my own understanding of the topic is. What do you gain by being a Dic besides giving your self a false sense of superiority?

Why is it that there's also one person such as your self that adds nothing to conversation other than ignorance and just plain keyboard rage? Everyone else is sharing their knowledge, opinion or just helping regardless of what others and my own understanding of the topic is. What do you gain by being a Dic besides giving your self a false sense of superiority?
    His response was crass, but he's not wrong. By presenting your anecdotal experience as fact/knowledge (without even posting logs to support your position) you're potentially HARMING other people trying to learn the best way to approach the fight by misleading them. Everyone is welcome to their own opinion on what the best talent option is, but if you want to promote that opinion to others as truth the burden of proof is on you to show that you are correct using actual data, especially when you are going against the accepted convention.

When I read your post what I see is along the lines of "I feel like I'm doing a lot of damage because I'm getting all these AMOC resets." Fine, but does that actually hold up when you take into account each cast of AMOC is costing you 30 focus and a GCD, and is probably only ticking for a few seconds before the add dies unless your group is carefully managing damage on them to allow DOTs to bring them down? It seems unlikely to me. If you think it does, show the evidence.
    Last edited by Thursley; 2016-10-14 at 03:36 PM.
    Dibbler <Electric Sheep> - Mythic raiding 7/7, 2/3, 10 hours/week

FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

Quote Originally Posted by Thursley View Post
    His response was crass, but he's not wrong. By presenting your anecdotal experience as fact/knowledge (without even posting logs to support your position) you're potentially HARMING other people trying to learn the best way to approach the fight by misleading them. Everyone is welcome to their own opinion on what the best talent option is, but if you want to promote that opinion to others as truth the burden of proof is on you to show that you are correct using actual data, especially when you are going against the accepted convention.

When I read your post what I see is along the lines of "I feel like I'm doing a lot of damage because I'm getting all these AMOC resets." Fine, but does that actually hold up when you take into account each cast of AMOC is costing you 30 focus and a GCD, and is probably only ticking for a few seconds before the add dies unless your group is carefully managing damage on them to allow DOTs to bring them down? It seems unlikely to me. If you think it does, show the evidence.
    He said "from my experience" and he also said "i used MoC 2 times out of 3" so any person with half a brain could understand that he was not implying to tell the absolute truth.

Homophobia is so gay.