Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    How many of these topics do we need? Is one not enough? It's the worst thing Blizzard has ever implemented. Not because of RNG not because of the power but because it's all people talk about.
    On MMO, on the forums, in Guildchat, in groups, in Teamspeak in /1 and/2 and pretty much anywhere that has a social WoW element.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruskiturbo View Post
    So as everyone knows legiondaries was a huge flop
    Your opinion.

people are complaining about not getting them in the first week of Legion
    Legendaries are still meant to be rare. #feelsbad, #salt

... giving negative values instead of increasing your chance ...
    You are making stuff up.

Thanks for reading, please do put your input on what you think in the replies!
    My input is that you are another crybaby who is disappointed legendaries aren't being given out just for logging into the game.

#original_thread

Deleted
    And we had confirmation from blizzard about the bad luck protection being bugged giving negative values instead of increasing your chance of receiving a legendary item on a specific character
    Did we ? From what I gathered the only confirmation we got was that some characters had increased chances of getting legendaries after getting one.

Your opinion.
    Not only his.

the thing with RNG is you can't verify it.
    You can actually, especially if drop rates are supposed to follow a probability function.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statis...thesis_testing
    Last edited by mmoc18e6a734ba; 2016-10-12 at 09:37 AM.

Deleted
    I think I saw they where giving your first legendary after 3 minutes of reaching 110 with 100% chance but can't find it. Also they told casuals would never get a legendary because they are bad players and only good players deserve one. But there is a bug where bad players get legendaries and I, who am the specialest snow flake ever, I got none.

Because I don't understand coding or chances or statistics but with little to zero data I come here to whine.

Quote Originally Posted by User007 View Post
    My input is that you are another crybaby who is disappointed legendaries aren't being given out just for logging into the game.
    That's where you're wrong friend, in many cases that is exactly what is happening.

Deleted
    IMO the bad luck protection does not increase your chances of getting legendary, it just reduces the chances of getting 2 identical legendaries. It is just a theory i dont know if blizzard said something about the "Bad luck protection"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maseraty View Post
    IMO the bad luck protection does not increase your chances of getting legendary, it just reduces the chances of getting 2 identical legendaries. It is just a theory i dont know if blizzard said something about the "Bad luck protection"
    It does though, watch the pre-release interviews, they address it there

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pedrolo View Post
    I think I saw they where giving your first legendary after 3 minutes of reaching 110 with 100% chance but can't find it. Also they told casuals would never get a legendary because they are bad players and only good players deserve one. But there is a bug where bad players get legendaries and I, who am the specialest snow flake ever, I got none.

Because I don't understand coding or chances or statistics but with little to zero data I come here to whine.
    You misunderstood me, i'm not here to whine. I'm posting this because Blizzard doesn't give clarity as to why the system works so weirdly (players getting 2-3 legendaries and some getting 0 with the same amount played). So i turn to the community to see what you guys have to say to find a solution, but since everyone here just screams "bait post" and "whine" i guess noone wants to know what is up with the system.

- - - Updated - - -

Deleted
    i guess noone wants to know what is up with the system.
    We are interested in facts, not opinions.

And the fact is you are disappointed you haven't gotten a legendary yet and came here to QQ about it because reasons.

Keep playing, you will eventually get one. Your chances improve if you raid.

Deleted
    We are interested in facts, not opinions.

And the fact is you are disappointed you haven't gotten a legendary yet and came here to QQ about it because reasons.

Keep playing, you will eventually get one. Your chances improve if you raid.
    As i said in the reply above you, i am not here to QQ about not getting a legendary. Why everyone thinks that is beyond me, however i presented the fact that i have three characters where i have grinded content that has a chance to drop a legendary when people doing less than that gets 2-3. The system is obviously still broken even though blizzard says the've fixed it. And that is the reason i made the post, because others have this issue aswell and the fact that legendaries simplify things like progression it makes it a huge issue indeed. Some even get benched because of the way legendaries work, this affects gameplay for alot of players and even removes the chance of doing content (getting benched) for players that have grinded gear and mats to access that content from the start. You see what i mean?
    Last edited by mmoc1d52c9727b; 2016-10-12 at 12:09 PM.

Deleted

7+ Year Old Account
    Stop saying rng is rng. RNG can be bugged because its a code.

Deleted
    i have three characters where i have grinded content that has a chance to drop a legendary when people doing less than that gets 2-3
    This is the definition of QQing mate. Play the game and stop complaining that you have bad luck/rng.

get benched because of the way legendaries work ... removes the chance of doing content
    Git gud. Legendaries help but they don't replace skill. A bad with a legendary will still be worse than a good player with no legendary.

Deleted
    You're obviously missing my point with this, so either you're stupid enough to still believe this is a QQ thread or you're trolling, either way you're not exactly helping.

This thread has come to the point where everyone either thinks it's pure complaint over not getting loot or yelling RNG, way to miss the point people.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    We have two rogues in my guild, me and another guy. We are pretty close normally in dps but i win out a little.

The other rogue got a good legendary yesterday. Now i'm benched for mythic plus intil i get the same.

"Legendaries are fine"
    Which one did he get? There are only like 2 good ones per specc, so if its any of the many shitty ones its just a bit more stats.

i have three characters where i have grinded content that has a chance to drop a legendary when people doing less than that gets 2-3. The system is obviously still broken
    What, because you didn't get a legendary and someone who played less did, the system MUST be broken? I'm not saying it isn't, but I am saying you have no way to prove it and this anecdotal 'evidence' of yours certainly isn't proving anything is broken. If you think it's broken, report it and play on. There is nothing else you can do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Noticing the same. 3/4 people I know with legendaries has atleast 2. Got them within a week of the first. One even has three.

I really hope blizzard reclarifies this matter. I'd easily dump millions of gold for a legendary, especially my bis one, which is just a crazy dps increase.

Deleted
    What are the cries about "RNG can be bugged" popping up?

There is pretty much no way RNG can be bugged, there can be a bug that if RNG rolls the number that should spit a legendary at you but doesn't. If an RNG system was bugged then it would likely be someone has set the boundaries wrong and no one would get a legendary.

Lets say on a roll of 1-100 only 100 is a legendary. If you roll 100 and don't get a legendary, that's a bug (not a bug with the RNG system mind)

Of course, the chance of a legendary from any given lootable object is less than 1% but the bug previously was the bad luck protection was too effective so even though you initially needed to roll another 100 to get your 2nd legendary it very quickly reached a point where 99 & 100 were enough, and then 98, 99 and 100. So on and so on, meaning sooner or later it was becoming more likely than not you'd get another legendary.

It's a huge simplification, but all an RNG is, is a dice-roll. Bad luck protection either just widens the range of numbers that are a legendary trigger, or adds a number to your initial roll in an attempt to push it closer to the legendary threshold.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    We have two rogues in my guild, me and another guy. We are pretty close normally in dps but i win out a little.

The other rogue got a good legendary yesterday. Now i'm benched for mythic plus intil i get the same.

"Legendaries are fine"
    If this is your long time guild, and then explain to them the significant of legendaries, and if they sit you more, you will have an even lower chance to progress.
    If this is your new guild, get out of there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by santy View Post
    What are the cries about "RNG can be bugged" popping up?

There is pretty much no way RNG can be bugged, there can be a bug that if RNG rolls the number that should spit a legendary at you but doesn't. If an RNG system was bugged then it would likely be someone has set the boundaries wrong and no one would get a legendary.

Lets say on a roll of 1-100 only 100 is a legendary. If you roll 100 and don't get a legendary, that's a bug (not a bug with the RNG system mind)

Of course, the chance of a legendary from any given lootable object is less than 1% but the bug previously was the bad luck protection was too effective so even though you initially needed to roll another 100 to get your 2nd legendary it very quickly reached a point where 99 & 100 were enough, and then 98, 99 and 100. So on and so on, meaning sooner or later it was becoming more likely than not you'd get another legendary.

It's a huge simplification, but all an RNG is, is a dice-roll. Bad luck protection either just widens the range of numbers that are a legendary trigger, or adds a number to your initial roll in an attempt to push it closer to the legendary threshold.
    really? playing with words? Of course "RNG" can't be bugged if you put it that way, but that's not what people talking about, and you know it

This is the definition of QQing mate. Play the game and stop complaining that you have bad luck/rng.

Git gud. Legendaries help but they don't replace skill. A bad with a legendary will still be worse than a good player with no legendary.

You assume every player is bad, but that's not the case in decent guilds. And a good player without is worse than a good player with a legendary. Maybe you should join a good guild and get your ass handed to you when they have better ilvl/legendary. And, after 1 ID get benched for that player.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raamul View Post
    the thing with RNG is you can't verify it. Of course Blizz can check/test and verify their code, but we can't.
    So when Blizz says we fixed it bro. RNG is RNG. Deal With It. We don't have anything to say.
    Exactly this.