Thread: 2016 MLB Thread

Page 70 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Lot of emotion at Fenway last night. My heart was broken. #thankspapi

10+ Year Old Account
    Just cuz the ump botches the call on the first pitch doesn't mean you need to throw a belt high fastball across the middle of the plate on the second pitch, Avilan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arrieta taking Bumgarner deep was worth watching the first couple of innings before having to go to bed for work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wonder if if Washington gameplan for game 5 is to let the Dodgers load the bases every inning and then flounder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Giants choking. Lol.
    I hope the Cubs win it all. Let this be the year all the tortured fanbases get their wins. Cleveland Cavs, Chicago Cubs and Minnesota Vikings. What's the Hockey team that's been suffering most? Leafs I think? Get them a win too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fucking.Cubs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I hope the Cubs win it all. Let this be the year all the tortured fanbases get their wins. Cleveland Cavs, Chicago Cubs and Minnesota Vikings. What's the Hockey team that's been suffering most? Leafs I think? Get them a win too.
    Nah, fuck the leafs.

- - - Updated - - -

Giants bullpen was their weakness, they did a good job in the extra innings game but their struggles resurfaced today, man they really pushed Moore to minimize their workload but it wasn't enough.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow wow wow. I admit I walked away from the TV when Moore mowed us down in the 8th. I thought for sure he would go back out for the 9th. Thanks Bochy? He over managed this game just like Joe did last night.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, two HUGE throwing errors by gold glover Crawford, directly led to our 2nd run and the go ahead run in the 9th. Not many people talking about that.

- - - Updated - - -

Finally, Dodgers please men. If we have to face Murphy in the NLCS again I might just have an aneurysm

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I went to the game and at the end of the 8th told my friend "what could possibly go wrong" in a passive-aggressive, sarcastic tone. Crawford's errors didn't help, but in the 9th inning with a 3 run lead you need to get count leverage. So effin' what if the leadoff guy hits a solo HR. So what if the next guy does? Throw up and in and force them to hit fly balls or weak choppers.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    If we have to face Murphy in the NLCS again I might just have an aneurysm
    That is/was/is my Cub fan buddies dream. No cards, fuck them. Beat down the Mets. Beat down Murphy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Giants bullpen was their weakness
    Yeah, we would have beaten them, if we could have gotten Bumgarner out. In the 9th, Parker was getting ready to pinch hit for him (really, why even use a pinch hitter for someone like Bumgarner), just needed to "let" panik or gillespie get on... and then Cespedes would have smoked Romo for the game winner. Guaranteed. Only problem was, Familia gave up a 3 run shot to some guy who'll be bagging groceries with Clarett soon.

And who the fuck is Kelby the Accountant?
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Wow wow wow. I admit I walked away from the TV when Moore mowed us down in the 8th. I thought for sure he would go back out for the 9th. Thanks Bochy? He over managed this game just like Joe did last night.
    120 pitches, I think he got as much out of him as possible, bad bullpen or not, I think you have to trust they can get 3 outs before giving up 3 runs, it just didn't happen.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    The Cavs won last year....and Chicago has had it's share of champions, the fricking Blackhawks have won 3 Stanley Cups in the last 8 years. Also, the Vikings aren't a suffering fanbase, they just don't have a championship winning team.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's game 5 Harold... we've already heard all about how much you like the national league strageties a dozen times, fucking die already.

DC is the new Cleveland. This city is cursed. Last championship: 1991. Last time one of our teams even made the Final Four of a sport: 1998. Pathetic.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm done with sports for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was a close series, it went down to the wire, it sucks right now, but you'll bounce back.

As soon as Murphy popped out I was happy at any result, as long as that asshole didn't beat us.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well...hopefully Kershaw can't start til G3 now. He didn't throw many pitches, but he still had to get the arm fully cranked up, throwing in the pen etc. Heck maybe Jansen will be unavailable for G1. This is just lining up too good for us... We are more rested, healthier, home field advantage. Can't help but think it's somehow going to go horribly wrong

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm rooting for Blue Jays, Indians, meteor, Dodgers, Cubs. I have the Cubs last because the curse is fun for the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    I have the Cubs last because the curse is fun for the rest of us.
    This is 100% accurate. 1000% since I live in Cub country.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently Dusty Baker made some comment about the Dodgers pitching staff being overworked, because Dusty Baker never overworked a pitching staff in his life.