Lightbulb How to become a better DPS player, any advice will be welcome!

Hello guys!

So this morning I decided to look for some of the Top DK players and I found one player that I think I could get a nice comparation with me

This is the fight and the guy: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...mary&source=42
    This is me and my fight: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...mmary&source=3

Just for sake of details this is the compare of us in this very same fight: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ne&source=3,42

Before I continue, sorry my English! I hope you dont mind

So what I see here is that we both got 862 ilvl, I know there are some differences, for example his weapon is 894 mine is 878, but at least we both got the same legendary, and almost same build (that kill I went for necrosis instead IC).

So I have got lots of questions, I hope you can help me out here.

1. Do you have ANY advice? Do you see anything that I am doing wrong or right?
    2. Why in the damage done tab, he got "Sludge Belcher" and I dont? Maybe I left my pet passivel all the fucking time?!
    3. That Melee part of the damage, why mine is different from his?! I mean, my damage comes from 2 sources, and his damage come from him only.
    4. I spent 2 runes with DnD by the time I had to run away with the rot debuff, is that bad?! I saw he did not cast a singl DnD that fight.
    5. Seems that I spent almost 2x runes as he did with outbreak, so am I fucking this up, right? I guess I need a better tracking tool...

I guess this is what I could see, but for sure I am missing LOTS of elements here.

Would you guys PLEASE give me any advice? I really want to improve my game play. This guy made de same damage I did, but with 1.5min less!!! Thats ALOT! I dont want to be that crappy DK... I really dont :/

Thank you alot, sorry if this is a repetitive post.

10+ Year Old Account
    First off, Sludge Belcher isn't going to do anything for your damage. It's a CC tier talent. You can run whatever you want.

The weapon damage is obviously going to be a lot of it. Having nearly 20 ilvls higher is pretty huge. As for spending a rune on DnD while you're running for rot, it just depsnds on your haste. If you will have that rune back by time you are within melee range again, then it would indeed be a damage gain. If not, then it's wasted. It also depends on how your group is handling rot in general.

I recommend TellMeWhen for tracking when to refresh virulent plague. Simple to configure.

Also, a huge note here is that the fight was 1 1/2 minutes longer on your kill. That is really big when it comes to rankings. You would've been pretty far out from your last batch of CDs, which means you ended at a low point for DPS. Also note that he has a pretty huge proc trinket, which can really boost your DPS if RNG is on your side.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

Sludge Belcher is a dps increase because it's DT aoe is 360° cleave, wheres the normal DT is just a conic cleave. Unless they fixed that yesterday, in the overwhelming majority of AoE scenarios this will be a dps increase, well, maybe if you are a god when it comes to micro-managing your pet and the tanks cater to you and go out of their way to place every caster mob in front of it's cleave.

Edit: Obviously that doesn't help on Nythendra. There is just very little reason to spec anything else during your raid, unless you really enjoy switching talents all the time.

Comparing your logs, it seems you were doing fairly similar. only at one point he used his CDs sooner again and at another time you took a nosedive in dps where his spiked. What happened at 1:35? You got the plague and he didn't? It's kinda hard to compare these logs when they aren't from the same fight or one of you died...
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2016-10-09 at 03:26 PM.

Deleted
    Sludge belcher aoe can also apply fw on multiple mobs. Its a noticable dps gain.

This video is old as hell, but it comes from the golden times of Kripparian and it really has everything you need to know to increase your effectiveness regardless of class:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgDjG_0ecTI

I've never used Unholy Frenzy, is it good for single-target fights like Nythendra and Ursoc? Also I think that All Will Serve is a much better talent in fights with no ads. And his attack speed might stack with yours, however im unsure.

7+ Year Old Account
    Run lfr. Then run it again. Pug normal EN then again after

Practice practice PRACTICE

- - - Updated - - -

And get a razer Naga mouse :-)
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

And get a razer Naga mouse :-)
    Don't get a Razer Naga, it's terrible! Logitech G600 is much better, more buttons, customization, better quality and also cheaper!

Quote Originally Posted by olivete View Post
    Hello guys!

So this morning I decided to look for some of the Top DK players and I found one player that I think I could get a nice comparation with me

This is the fight and the guy: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...mary&source=42
    This is me and my fight: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...mmary&source=3

Just for sake of details this is the compare of us in this very same fight: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ne&source=3,42

Before I continue, sorry my English! I hope you dont mind

So what I see here is that we both got 862 ilvl, I know there are some differences, for example his weapon is 894 mine is 878, but at least we both got the same legendary, and almost same build (that kill I went for necrosis instead IC).

So I have got lots of questions, I hope you can help me out here.

1. Do you have ANY advice? Do you see anything that I am doing wrong or right?
    2. Why in the damage done tab, he got "Sludge Belcher" and I dont? Maybe I left my pet passivel all the fucking time?!
    3. That Melee part of the damage, why mine is different from his?! I mean, my damage comes from 2 sources, and his damage come from him only.
    4. I spent 2 runes with DnD by the time I had to run away with the rot debuff, is that bad?! I saw he did not cast a singl DnD that fight.
    5. Seems that I spent almost 2x runes as he did with outbreak, so am I fucking this up, right? I guess I need a better tracking tool...

I guess this is what I could see, but for sure I am missing LOTS of elements here.

Would you guys PLEASE give me any advice? I really want to improve my game play. This guy made de same damage I did, but with 1.5min less!!! Thats ALOT! I dont want to be that crappy DK... I really dont :/

Thank you alot, sorry if this is a repetitive post.
    at a 1:30 you took a lot of damage from a bug in phase 2. This is where your damage fell off compared to his. If you look at his damage taken, he took more damage at that time, this looks as if he stayed in and ignored the incoming damage. This fight is not a dps race or check but a control damage taken check.

Looking at the rest of it. You got more rot then he did but he took more rot ticks.

You did a better job in this fight IMO. You did the same amount of damage and the amount of damage taken was close, you also got RoT 2 more times then he did. You took more damage in the down phase from bugs but he sat in a lot more damage then you. His fight was a minute and a half shorter then yours and he still was around the same damage taken as you.

DPS is important but this fight is not a DPS race and this guy did a crappy job. I would not base what you need to improve off this guy as he tunnels and I would consider this padding meters. Don't compare yourself to him.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boneflayer View Post
    Don't get a Razer Naga, it's terrible! Logitech G600 is much better, more buttons, customization, better quality and also cheaper!
    Just don't get Razer products in general. FTFY
    <Raiding Rainbows> - US Illidan
    DK

Quote Originally Posted by bubbadubba View Post
    at a 1:30 you took a lot of damage from a bug in phase 2. This is where your damage fell off compared to his. If you look at his damage taken, he took more damage at that time, this looks as if he stayed in and ignored the incoming damage. This fight is not a dps race or check but a control damage taken check.

Looking at the rest of it. You got more rot then he did but he took more rot ticks.

You did a better job in this fight IMO. You did the same amount of damage and the amount of damage taken was close, you also got RoT 2 more times then he did. You took more damage in the down phase from bugs but he sat in a lot more damage then you. His fight was a minute and a half shorter then yours and he still was around the same damage taken as you.

DPS is important but this fight is not a DPS race and this guy did a crappy job. I would not base what you need to improve off this guy as he tunnels and I would consider this padding meters. Don't compare yourself to him.
    Really nice info to consider! Thanks alot!!! Gonna recheck those logs now just to see this info.

Thank you very much!