Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    As much as I would love an alternate style, we all know they would just nerf momentum into the ground so it's on par with the other trash talents like chaos cleave or demonic. That's how they balance things, lazily. Why turn multiple knobs when you can just turn one and accomplish the objective? Because then you end up with multiple useless specs, those morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Leffie View Post
    I love the playstyle tbh but some fight mechanics restrain us from using VR and FR making it really.. really annoying
    This is how I see it as well. I'm really enjoying the playstyle and I've gotten much better at it(managed around 60% Momentum uptime quite often last night). But there are certain fights where its a pain in the ass, for example last night vs. Dragons I Vengeful Retreated into the sleepy gas pool a couple times, and against Cenarius I VRd into Brambles once or twice. Part of me wishes VR wasn't part of the playstyle at all, its just so awkward as a melee class to use an ability that takes you away from the target, but it is what it is.

I like the feel rush game play it's just a pain to deal with on certain fights. I don't care are throw glave play style. I would be all for using VR if felblade was competive. I think getting right back on the target is more fun than throwing your glave while you run back to the target.

It would be nice if Fel Rush could be glyphed to act like shadow step for rogues (or Felblade) and Vengeful retreat to act like that rogue jumping straight up ability. Damage just gets neutered when you have to go to a specific position and not move (that Il'Goyth thing when past the eye for instance).

Edit: Actually, or just mage VR go in the direction you're pressing except forward. IE hold back to go back, left/right to jump strafe, and none to go straight up (or default back, forward goes straight up).
    Last edited by pay928; 2016-10-12 at 05:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The gameplay of DH revolves around the movement. If you want to remove that, perhaps it's because the class don't fit your playstyle and you should reroll.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Deix-EU View Post
    Seriously you all are very annoying with the will to want a rogue/war playstyle opti. None of the classes have multiple super opti build.
    No, but rogues have 3 entire specs to choose from, all with their distinct playstyle and flair, we as DH have -1- dps spec, and another spec taken up by a tank spec. They have options, we're buttfucked on options.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    The gameplay of DH revolves around the movement. If you want to remove that, perhaps it's because the class don't fit your playstyle and you should reroll.
    FR is enough movement, I'd be perfectly fine never touching retreat other than to escape a mechanic. And because a theme for an ENTIRE class that only has 2 specs is doing that class a huge disservice. I like everything thematically on a DH, but minor things that could easily be fixed if we had some more options, or even another spec, that doesn't ram the buttplug of suckage up our rears.
    Last edited by Halyon; 2016-10-12 at 05:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    FR is enough movement, I'd be perfectly fine never touching retreat other than to escape a mechanic. And because a theme for an ENTIRE class that only has 2 specs is doing that class a huge disservice. I like everything thematically on a DH, but minor things that could easily be fixed if we had some more options, or even another spec, that doesn't ram the buttplug of suckage up our rears.
    FR is enough movement -

That, right here, is not a fact but an opinion.
    Google Diversity Memo

[...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

FR is enough movement -

That, right here, is not a fact but an opinion.
    Oh my god, what heresy that we're discussing opinions about how we feel about something!

I personally hope for some more options than flying around like an idiot. It's not like every single class and spec in this game is oh so unique that being similar is a crime. Give me a break...

Oh yeah, I agree, the game clearly needs a rogue with glaives.
    If you wanna be a rogue with guns, go play MM huntard, Outlaw doesn't need'em. I can do it too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my god, what heresy that we're discussing opinions about how we feel about something!

I personally hope for some more options than flying around like an idiot. It's not like every single class and spec in this game is oh so unique that being similar is a crime. Give me a break...
    If you're discussing opinions, you should say "I think that", not speak in authoritative tone. Also, considering how you answer people here, you're not interested in discussing opinions but rather force your idea through.
    Google Diversity Memo

Quote Originally Posted by MrTophat View Post
    Personally my biggest gripe is how Momentum and Prepared interact when it comes to Vengeful Retreat. VRing and then popping FR to immediately get back into the thick of things just feels so natural but as it stands doing so would be a waste of a momo. Beyond that it feels silly to cry 'Well just roll a Rogue if you don't want to rush around like an idiot!' when, in reality, most Demon Hunters will be doing whatever they can to make sure they get as little distance gained from using their abilities anyways. From throwing yourself into walls to to 'retreating' INTO bosses hitboxes you spend more time trying to avoid zipping in and out of combat than you do actually living up to the treasured 'class flavur' that everyone keeps whining about.

There really isn't a reason why Demon Hunters shouldn't have more than one viable set of talents. The element of mobility should always be there to one degree or another but not every build should have to be FM/Prepared/Bloodlet/MoTG for the rest of eternity.
    This this this this this.

Retreating doesn't feel like a demon hunter-y thing to do. Hitting someone then running/jumping away like a little bitch doesn't feel very badass. Shoulda gave them a skill like attacking then leaping over the target and attacking them from behind as well(or the front if u were already behind em) if they wanted to make em feel more agile.

If you're discussing opinions, you should say "I think that", not speak in authoritative tone. Also, considering how you answer people here, you're not interested in discussing opinions but rather force your idea through.
    Excuse you, I'll sound assertive if I want to, thank you. I'm fine listening to alternatives, problem here is...there is no alternative.

There really isn't a reason why Demon Hunters shouldn't have more than one viable set of talents. The element of mobility should always be there to one degree or another but not every build should have to be FM/Prepared/Bloodlet/MoTG for the rest of eternity.
    Quoted for truth, because it is true. I'm a-ok with playing a mobile class, what I'm not fine with is that it's being front-loaded and forced down my throat if I want to be accepted into raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same here, i love the fel rush gameplay, but VR just grind my gears lol.

Hope one day blizz make momentum to work like pandemic, so we could just VR then FR back.

Or, remove momentum from VR, make Felblade baseline and add the momentum buff to Felblade instead. And the talent could be like, Felblade now hits everyone in front of you, doing less dmg the more enemies are hit by it, so bloodlet would be still better for cleave, but felblade would become better for aoe. while not being so behind from bloodlet on cleave or even ST.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think it would be interesting if DH had some kind of two-handed spec, but I don't think it goes with the lore at all as they're all about the glaives. More variety with our damage-dealing style besides the choice of Nemesis vs Momentum (and if you're good at managing your buff, Momentum is the clear choice) would be beneficial.

When I'm feeling particularly lazy or I have a good group, I'll just grab Nemesis and Demon Blades to autoattack through bosses and still deal as much damage (assuming bosses are dying in <1.5min) as the "priority spec." Ultimate lazy to top it off: Chaos Blades. At this point, you're just waiting for boss fights to blow your cooldowns and topping the charts with no effort besides spamming Throw Glaive/Chaos Strike.
    Last edited by Halkcyon; 2016-10-12 at 07:50 PM.

Can we stop with this "reroll" bulshiit? I love my DH but that does not mean he would not be better after some improvements in his mechanics, mainly talking about VR and felblades that noone use. If someone propose some good changes and worth discussing why there always most pop somone with this "hur durr its not the class for you, reroll" attitude?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Can we stop with this "reroll" bulshiit? I love my DH but that does not mean he would not be better after some improvements in his mechanics, mainly talking about VR and felblades that noone use. If someone propose some good changes and worth discussing why there always most pop somone with this "hur durr its not the class for you, reroll" attitude?
    I think the reason for that attitude is because generally the changes proposed are skills and changes that are already in place, in game, for other classes and specs. What makes Demon Hunters unique are the things that people don't like. People are asking for less movement and less mobility because they are in love with the idea of what they think a Demon Hunter should be, not necessarily what they currently are and have implemented right now. People get offended and think that people that are telling them to roll something else is dismissive and argumentative. When in reality it is just people wanting the unique class that they have not be muddied and turned into a class that they have already seen/played before. The idea of a 3rd spec is a nice one but Blizzard has already stated before that they didn't give Demon Hunters a ranged spec due to fantasy and lore deviation. I'm all for improvements to the current state of DH, but to change how Blizzard thinks this class should be played seems counter productive to me.
    Last edited by Edgekidxxx; 2016-10-12 at 08:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Excuse you, I'll sound assertive if I want to, thank you. I'm fine listening to alternatives, problem here is...there is no alternative.
    Excuse you, I have a better opinion than you, I prefer my solution of changing nothing, thank you. I'm fine listening to people thinking there's a problem... problem here is, there's no problem.
    Google Diversity Memo

Excuse you, I have a better opinion than you, I prefer my solution of changing nothing, thank you. I'm fine listening to people thinking there's a problem... problem here is, there's no problem.
    Omg, guys! We have a badass here! His opinion is impervious!

Seriously man, your opinion is as good as mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    Since Blizzard is all about class fantasy now, and Demon Hunter fantasy I assume is flying all across battlefield like a tool, do you think they will ever let us use different build, with no Retreat and/or Fel Rush? For damage purpose at least.

Yes, yes, I know, you can use different build now... oh and doing one third less damage comes as a free bonus as well!
    There is a solution.

Play a rogue.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They'll get around to creating another style of play after they figure out that Assassination shouldn't revolve around bleeds.

Stay a while.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.