Character's PVP Templates

hey there
    i use arms warrior, have been watching my pvp stats distribution (template) and i really dont like it.
    as arms warrior i dont want/need 22% crit, im wasting my dps.

so here an idea, instead of templates, may give us an amount of points to distribute Between our secondary stats as we wish... that way we can pick the best distribution and give us a bit more freedom, keeping baselines from ilvl offcourse.
    i assume there is classes that are getting more benefits than others from that stupid templates.

Deleted
    No, that would completely destroy the meaning of templates overall. The point is to change the templates instead of abilities directly, making it possible to nerf PvP more separately from PvE.

Maybe they can put baseline in template and give us points to buff certanly stat that we may consider usefull than others.

GW2 pvp has a similar system and it work there

I think this sort of takes away from the freedom of being able to gear and spec your toon how you would like. I enjoyed being able to pick my stat priority based on spec. You were able to choose what you wanted to gem and enchant for. It added a bit of unknown to the pvp experience. I know this is what they are trying to avoid and they want everything equal but it can change the way you play a spec and it was cool to see how everyone's builds differed. Even top players would have slightly different build to cater to their play style.
    Last edited by Bearilla; 2016-10-11 at 04:24 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearilla View Post
    I think this sort of takes away from the freedom of being able to gear and spec your toon how you would like. I enjoyed being able to pick my stat priority based on spec. You were able to choose what you wanted to gem and enchant for. It added a bit of unknown to the pvp experience. I know this is what they are trying to avoid and they want everything equal but it can change the way you play a spec and it was cool to see how everyone's builds differed. Even top players would have slightly different build to cater to their play style.
    The "unknown" now comes from PVP talents (or well, is supposed to. Some picks are obvious based on class/spec. But, a lot of them aren't.)

The entire purpose of pvp templates is that Blizzard can nerf or buff specs based on them. Disc not doing enough healing from their offensive pressure? Give them a bunch of mastery. Arms is doing too much pressure and crit is a weak stat (your own example, OP)? Give them some crit rather than an asston of mastery.

The problem with people being able to stack a stat is actually exemplified pretty well with Arms as an example. Let's say gear, etc, worked as before. Arms could just gear heavily towards mastery and blow people out of the water with insane CSmash windows. Templates give a knob that can be tuned to keep stuff in line.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzajd777 View Post
    Maybe they can put baseline in template and give us points to buff certanly stat that we may consider usefull than others.

GW2 pvp has a similar system and it work there
    Yeah I don't know if you would call that a "working" system, especially when Season 1 of HoT had the cancer bunker meta, it was a similar story for the next season. I didn't bother any further because you didn't need to do any further to get the wings if you got leg + diamond.

PvP template system is fine as it is, if you leave people to set their own stat templates we're going to eventually end up with some extremely gimmicky metas, as was witnessed in gw2 HoT pvp.

That being said, GW2 HoT pvp was really fun, I kinda miss the game but kinda engrossed in WoW. Anyone reading my comments don't let my comments dissuade you from playing it, still a great game, especially with the new expansion. Crap, I don't think you would call it new, its a year old now lol. Try it when you get bored of WoW
    Last edited by MintChocCip; 2016-10-11 at 09:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Templates are hot trash and need to be removed.
    Being constructive feels good. You should try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Valedus View Post
    The "unknown" now comes from PVP talents (or well, is supposed to. Some picks are obvious based on class/spec. But, a lot of them aren't.)

The entire purpose of pvp templates is that Blizzard can nerf or buff specs based on them. Disc not doing enough healing from their offensive pressure? Give them a bunch of mastery. Arms is doing too much pressure and crit is a weak stat (your own example, OP)? Give them some crit rather than an asston of mastery.

The problem with people being able to stack a stat is actually exemplified pretty well with Arms as an example. Let's say gear, etc, worked as before. Arms could just gear heavily towards mastery and blow people out of the water with insane CSmash windows. Templates give a knob that can be tuned to keep stuff in line.
    I get why they went with the templates but without templates top players would have slightly different builds/stat priority. It didn't seem like there was ONE build to rule them all. You might disagree.... Now we just pick abilities..... and that is all. I still really enjoy pvp and don't plan on stopping even though many others already have. Also kinda miss the gear grind. Was always something to work towards for the casual player. Don't like gearing nearly as much now because it is all chance and you have to PVE for a chance to get it.

hey there
    i use arms warrior, have been watching my pvp stats distribution (template) and i really dont like it.
    as arms warrior i dont want/need 22% crit, im wasting my dps.
    This is intentional. Your template is sub-par on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Braktixx View Post
    No, that would completely destroy the meaning of templates overall. The point is to change the templates instead of abilities directly, making it possible to nerf PvP more separately from PvE.
    Yeah, that was their theory, but theyre idiots, and every time theyve tinkered with a template, a day or two later they have had to go adjust at least one ability (sometimes all of them) because of the template change.

so here an idea, instead of templates, may give us an amount of points to distribute Between our secondary stats as we wish....
    i think if you do that we'll all be stacking mastery like mad dogs. and blizz will be forced to reduce our other skills damage to stop us from one shotting ppl.

i believe one of the ideas behind templates is to make bursty classes less bursty.......even tho its not really working for frost mages and enh shams