Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Angry Yet another Legendary QQ thread...

So today i log on and got on my guilds teamspeak & to my suprise my guildie had told me he had gotten two legendarys. Normally i would brush this off and congratulate him considering it helps our raid tremendously, but this toon was just his alt. For the life of me i can't understand how a character with less then 24 hours played can get two legendarys within a span of 45 minutes of each other.

So i thought blizzard fixed getting your first legendary increasing your chance at a second?
    Last edited by Sickjen; 2016-10-12 at 02:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're now trying to argue that fingers are people. And you expect me to take your argument seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    I did walk up to a truck once and whispered, "I know your secret... Optimus Prime..

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if they did. They claim they did. But I'll reiterate from a previous thread: fixing the bug doesn't mean people won't end up with two legendary items.

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable View Post
    So i thought blizzard fixed getting your first legendary increasing your chance at a second?
    They did, I didn't get another one for a long time now.

Just do what im doing, play the remaining days you have on your sub, quit, only return when they fix the leg drop rate

Its become a common theme around the Water Cooler, peoples Alts getting Legendaries before their mains and people who only main 1 thing getting nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it funny how people are crying about Legendaries like the players used to when Diablo 3 first came out. Not having a legendary should not hinder your ability to play the game.

Stood in the Fire n7stormreaver's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    I find it funny how people are crying about Legendaries like the players used to when Diablo 3 first came out. Not having a legendary should not hinder your ability to play the game.
    Except when Diablo 3 came out, Legendaries were absolute trash.
    Space magic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope people also make these threas in the official WoW forums, sadly I don't think Blizzard look as much on mmo-champion.

RNG of Legendaries is the biggest fail of Legion, maybe of entire WoW. It's an unfair, demotivating and broken system.

There can not be enough QQ threads about something so stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I don't know if they did. They claim they did. But I'll reiterate from a previous thread: fixing the bug doesn't mean people won't end up with two legendary items.
    You are absolutely right. At the same time, Don't you think the probability of getting a second legendary 45 minutes after is extremely low?

And it doesn't.. the problem is the system is broken.
    You're now trying to argue that fingers are people. And you expect me to take your argument seriously.
    I did walk up to a truck once and whispered, "I know your secret... Optimus Prime..

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    You're right, it's still possible, but so many people have gotten multiple legendary items within short time-frames since the "fix". That amount of people essentially winning the lottery... 2 or 3 times, within the same day? I'd suggest, if there isn't, to make a megathread or something, and just keep merging threads. Blizzard must know about it and can't fix it yet. :|

Deleted
    I got my first legendary the other day. It ended up being Sephuz Secret. It's an absolute crap legendary that cannot be used on most bosses and when it can be used it can't really be used effectively.

Anyway, it took me around 14 days total play time to get it to drop. Assuming that's the upper average it's going to take me another 14 days to get another one. I main a Blood DK and I know other Blood Dk's know our legendaries are pretty mediocre. Our three best ones are not that insane compared to the insane ones other classes get. So with a 14 day total play time to get a new legendary I could end up getting another 5 legendaries which are pretty bad before I see one that's good. That's a combined total play time of 70 days played.

Playing the absolute minimum per day and having the worst luck, not getting a good legendary until as late as possible. I'll need to play around 5 hours a day for an entire year. To receive one good legendary. If I want two BiS legendaries, well that's probably closer to 6 hours a day for a year.

Not only are the drop rate on these powerful items to crappy. Having such a huge disparity between the strongest leg and weakest leg is pathetic. It really is. At least make Sephuzs secret a On Use affect.

10+ Year Old Account

And it doesn't.. the problem is the system is broken.
    Broken or not, I am referring to the trend that everyone seems to be in a huge rush for a legendary, guilds using them as credential for recruiting and when people finally get one they complain it's not the one that they want. Yes I agree it would be nice to have one, but I just think they are slightly overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchh View Post
    [...]. I'll need to play around 5 hours a day for an entire year. To receive one good legendary. If I want two BiS legendaries, well that's probably closer to 6 hours a day for a year.[...]
    All of that gets thrown out the window when you consider I nerded the fuck out of my main, I'm talking 5 hours sleep a night at most, rest of the day on WoW for the first week or so, and slightly less but still a lot the following week - all spamming mythics, every emissary and anything else possible to get a Legendary. Got nothing. Literally first normal dungeon after hitting 110 on my alt, got a legendary.

Mixing random in with a broken system is never fun. I refuse to play my alts knowing I'll probably end up with Legendary items on them, too. Wouldn't be surprised if I got a 2nd on my first alt. :|
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2016-10-12 at 02:55 PM.

I got my first legendary on my rogue probably about five days before the hotfix to remove the higher chance for a second legendary drop. I've been playing my rogue daily since then and no legendary drops. Something has changed, because I would've been pretty much guaranteed a second legendary by now if the hotfix didn't do anything. I think it's been about 3 weeks since that first one, but I'm just guessing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Broken or not, I am referring to the trend that everyone seems to be in a huge rush for a legendary, guilds using them as credential for recruiting and when people finally get one they complain it's not the one that they want. Yes I agree it would be nice to have one, but I just think they are slightly overrated.
    I just want them ALL for my orange-collection. As a Rogue, other than the regular legendaries for my class, TF, Glaives, Daggers, Bow, I also have a Sulfuras in my bags as well as All 6 cloaks and All 5 Rings. Getting the ~15 legion legendaries rogue can use is my goal for the expansion. But it will be very very tough if they don't drop more often than this...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I just want them ALL for my orange-collection. As a Rogue, other than the regular legendaries for my class, TF, Glaives, Daggers, Bow, I also have a Sulfuras in my bags as well as All 6 cloaks and All 5 Rings. Getting the ~15 legion legendaries rogue can use is my goal for the expansion. But it will be very very tough if they don't drop more often than this...
    You better convert and start worshiping RNG'sus

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Just do what im doing, play the remaining days you have on your sub, quit, only return when they fix the leg drop rate
    Idd, this legendary crap is becoming worse than garrisonville, i didn't even started last research tier in class hall because who fu**ing cares about a 2nd legendary if i still haven't the first after an average of 6hrs/day playing since launch?
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2016-10-12 at 03:02 PM.
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Its become a common theme around the Water Cooler, peoples Alts getting Legendaries before their mains and people who only main 1 thing getting nothing.
    This^
    I have so much damn time played and do every single emissary and run all mythics every week and chain run mythic+ every other night and not one.
    Our GM doesn't have any on his rogue main and hits 110 on his warrior alt and gets the legendary waist 2 days after dinging...
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

10+ Year Old Account
    You are also right, Nobody should be entitled to anything in the game. At the same time the system looks to be broken. I can also understand the frustration of some players being put at an arbitrary disadvantage because a piece of random gear didn't drop for them. For me i doesn't exactly matter considering i parse the highest or second highest in my raid. The only person above me is rogue who has his BiS legendary which i'm not bothered with. I don't mind people getting multiple legendarys. I do mind the frequency at which people win the legendary lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by Animalhouse View Post
    This^
    I have so much damn time played and do every single emissary and run all mythics every week and chain run mythic+ every other night and not one.
    Our GM doesn't have any on his rogue main and hits 110 on his warrior alt and gets the legendary waist 2 days after dinging...

Pretty much this^
    Last edited by Sickjen; 2016-10-12 at 03:04 PM.

So today i log on and got on my guilds teamspeak & to my suprise my guildie had told me he had gotten two legendarys. Normally i would brush this off and congratulate him considering it helps our raid tremendously, but this toon was just his alt. For the life of me i can't understand how a character with less then 24 hours played can get two legendarys within a span of 45 minutes of each other.

I've noticed this as well. The last two people in my guild to get legendary, have received another legendary right around 12 hours later. This has happened several times to several people in my guild. RNG or not, it's plain dumb.