Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    It is no different then putting your own losses and interest payments against your tax liability. Why the fuck would you give the government more money then they deserve?
    because you have a moral duty to support the society that helped facilitate you becoming successful.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Taxing the rich more will make no difference. That's the main issue people have. They think taxing the rich will somehow change their lives for the better. You could tax every single dollar that every American made and it still wouldn't cover the US debt. So taking a couple billion off the super rich will effective do nothing to enrich your lives. It won't build roads or make better schools or fix social security or provide free healthcare or college to you. The US government is already spending the money it essentially doesn't have. All taxing the rich more will do is slightly lower the rate at which the deficit grows. You've been douped into blaming the wrong people for your problems.
    Yes it would, higher taxation on the rich would make them even richer due to the fundamentals of the global consumer economy. Just because you don't understand how the multiplicative effect of consumption of money works, doesn't mean taxes don't matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskeyjack WN View Post
    His opinion is laughable because you disagree? let me twist that around.

How much tax have you paid in your lifetime? 100k? 200k?
    Where a rich person is probably paying 1mil per year. SO therefore they contribute 10 times more to society in a year than you do in your whole life, yet you think you have the right to tell them to pay more? to demand more?

If that rich person took their money and left.. who would cover that gap? you? of course not.

I am not rich and unless I win the lotto I never will be, but it is very annoying to see that people think the rich should do more simply because they are rich.
    If you really want them to 'pay their fair share' then they should be paying the same amount as you?
    This. These dumb motherfuckers think that the rich wont close up shop and leave the country. These fuckers think they'd still have a job if the rich left or decided they had enough money to support themselves for generations. This shit is ridiculous. The fact that people aren't focusing on improving themselves, only being mad at the rich for simply being rich speaks volumes about the character of society today.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-10-12 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Their success isn't vilified, it's the income and wealth disparity they represent.
    exactly, no one seams to vilify bill gates because hes someone that doesn't appear to abuse his wealth solely for his own gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Its called percentages, If i pay 90% of income tax, Ill never survive because im not making enough to get comfortably ahead of the minimum to live. Flip that around to a rich person, who pays 100 million for his expenses and then gets another 900 million in profits. There is a reason the 1% is more rich then the other 99%. Because we stopped taxing them and now our world is fucked. Countless lobbyists have worked so very hard to brainwash the lower voter base into thinking the way you do and look how well it worked. They can afford to take that and still make fucking boat loads of money.
    Just because they can afford it doesn't mean they should have to. Sure you can say its percentages but at the end of the day even paying a lower percentage they pay more than you... what the fuck gives you the right to complain when you don't pay as much as them? is that not hypocritical? The 1% pay more tax between them than probably all the 'poor' people put together. yet the 'poor' think they have the right to demand more?

It is not a rich persons fault you failed to earn as much as them, why should they pay extra? because you are jealous?
    As long as they abide by the law then there is no issue. As i said above if that rich person decides to take his money to another country who covers the gap? the poor?
    No it is better to work with the rich than against them, they keep the country afloat more than the whining poor do.

Just because they can afford it doesn't mean they should have to. Sure you can say its percentages but at the end of the day even paying a lower percentage they pay more than you... what the fuck gives you the right to complain when you don't pay as much as them? is that not hypocritical? The 1% pay more tax between them than probably all the 'poor' people put together. yet the 'poor' think they have the right to demand more?

It is not a rich persons fault you failed to earn as much as them, why should they pay extra? because you are jealous?
    As long as they abide by the law then there is no issue. As i said above if that rich person decides to take his money to another country who covers the gap? the poor?
    No it is better to work with the rich than against them, they keep the country afloat more than the whining poor do.
    why should they pay more? because it is necessary for a functioning first world society and they are the ones most capable of paying more while having the least impact on their quality of life.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    This. These dumb motherfuckers think that the rich wont close up shop and leave the country. These fuckers think they'd still have a job if the rich left or decided they had enough money to support themselves for generations. This shit is ridiculous. The fact that people aren't focusing on improving themselves, only being mad at the rich for simply being rich speaks volumes about the character of society today.
    Wow what a meaningless threat. Where are the wealthy going to go? Better yet why the fuck haven't the wealthy left the communist havens of the US and Europe for the small government paradises of Somalia and Eritrea? Pakistan and Afghanistan?

I'm calling your stupid bluff.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Wow what a meaningless threat. Where are the wealthy going to go? Better yet why the fuck haven't the wealthy left the communist havens of the US and Europe for the small government paradises of Somalia and Eritrea? Pakistan and Afghanistan?

I'm calling your stupid bluff.
    underwater city duh

15+ Year Old Account

Because if it deals with absolute numbers then it would be an incredibly regressive system which would only accelerate the wealth disparity, which obviously destroys societies and destabilizes governments.

Seriously where do you guys read this shit?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    underwater city duh
    Right? We must praise and worship the successful, smart, driven billionaires and multimillionaires or we will all be pooooor!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    because you have a moral duty to support the society that helped facilitate you becoming successful.
    Actually that just makes you one big fool.

I could also say that I have the moral responsibility of paying less federal income taxes - because for every dollar I give them, 30 cents goes towards more weapons to kill people on the other side of the planet.

Try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Because if it deals with absolute numbers then it would be an incredibly regressive system which would only accelerate the wealth disparity, which obviously destroys societies and destabilizes governments.

Seriously where do you guys read this shit?
    You are avoiding the point by focusing on percentages. Yeah it has to be done by % any other way would be stupid.
    Regardless a rich person paying 1% equaling 1mil vs a poor person paying 20% equaling 1000 is not fair. and that's the argument isn't it? it's not fair on the poor?

Yes they can afford it and is a means and quality of life issue. But that still doesn't give the poor the right to demand more. i pay 20% but I don't expect the rich to pay 20% as their 1% is far more than my 20!

Typical poor people hating on the rich because we are not as successful as they are.

lets take this one step further, lets say there was only one rich person and everyone else was poor.

Would it be "fair" to charge the rich person a higher percent on his 100 trillion dollar a year income then we do on everyone else 10k a year?

- - - Updated - - -

Typical poor people hating on the rich because we are not as successful as they are.
    its not because they are more successful, its because they are more successful AND are not using that success to help their fellow citizens to a reasonable degree. money= power and when you have power you have a duty to use it to help people.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/11/news...man/index.html

So, who is at fault, the government for not creating a simple and easily applied tax code, or these men for utilizing the law and being successful?
    the gov't... i'm no where near that rich (and never will be) but i use every way possible to legally reduce what i pay and i will do so long as its legal.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/11/news...man/index.html

So, who is at fault, the government for not creating a simple and easily applied tax code, or these men for utilizing the law and being successful?
    The Government. Those guys are just doing what any smart person would do.

This is why we need a flat tax across the boards. Make it the same percentage for everyone and everything with no tax breaks. Sucks to be you if you encounter losses during a fiscal year, but that shouldn't stop anyone from paying tax.

I think ultimately I would blame it on corruption within the government.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a certain amount of hypocrisy I'm seeing here -- Especially from those who in the past have made comments that they don't make high enough wages and that it's not fair if we raise the minimum wage. So exactly where do you geniuses stand? It's not OK to tax the rich for having money but it's OK to refuse wage increases to the working class because they don't deserve it?

Sort of a paradox is it not?

15+ Year Old Account
    You are avoiding the point by focusing on percentages. Yeah it has to be done by % any other way would be stupid.
    Regardless a rich person paying 1% equaling 1mil vs a poor person paying 20% equaling 1000 is not fair. and that's the argument isn't it? it's not fair on the poor?

Yes they can afford it and is a means and quality of life issue. But that still doesn't give the poor the right to demand more. i pay 20% but I don't expect the rich to pay 20% as their 1% is far more than my 20!

So you are advocating we subsidize the rich because their rich? When am I supposed to kneel down and worship their holiness again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post

This is why we need a flat tax across the boards. Make it the same percentage for everyone and everything with no tax breaks. Sucks to be you if you encounter losses during a fiscal year, but that shouldn't stop anyone from paying tax.
    yeah, flat taxes are stupid. The less you make, the bigger the impact. take 4k away form someone making 40k a year, and take 200k from someone making 2 mil a year. WHO has less relative spending power?

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post

Or if you are poor.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    There's a certain amount of hypocrisy I'm seeing here -- Especially from those who in the past have made comments that they don't make high enough wages and that it's not fair if we raise the minimum wage. So exactly where do you geniuses stand? It's not OK to tax the rich for having money but it's OK to refuse wage increases to the working class because they don't deserve it?

Sort of a paradox is it not?
    They don't understand how taxation or the modern global economy works; they just want to defend the incredible wealth of the rich, for free, because they have been deluded by fallacies perpetuated by think tanks and media which are owned by the billionaires. You seriously couldn't make this shit up.