Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    I am wearing the head legendary and you're right - it is really good for 5/7 bosses in EN. Even for ursoc it is decent if you time it for adds. And the best part is that it is not really pure padding - spiders on Ele have to die quick, horrors on Dragons have to die quick, etc. It is pretty strong. Then there is M+ where it just owns.
    the helm is a dps increase single target as well so it's not useless on any fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    the helm is a dps increase single target as well so it's not useless on any fight.
    yeah, it hits significantly harder than pyroblast too, well about 10-15% more, so getting a free aoe pyroblast that hits for 10-15% more than pyroblast isnt a bad thing.

Deleted
    I am 3 days away from next legendary slot, but I still have only scorch belt. And at this point I am more inclined to play with alts, than mindlessly farming mythic+, as they provide little reward as I am 873 already. The chance of getting warforged stuff with crit is abysmal especially with lack of keys 10±

Quote Originally Posted by koaxialus View Post
    I am 3 days away from next legendary slot, but I still have only scorch belt. And at this point I am more inclined to play with alts, than mindlessly farming mythic+, as they provide little reward as I am 873 already. The chance of getting warforged stuff with crit is abysmal especially with lack of keys 10±
    It sucks. How are you finding raid gear? I'm having incredible trouble finding replacements in mythic EN.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    It sucks. How are you finding raid gear? I'm having incredible trouble finding replacements in mythic EN.
    Well the only option available right now seems to be to find a good guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidpat View Post
    I finally got my 1st legendary today: Koralon's Burning Touch

The feeling of seeing an orange item in the loot list is great! But that's about it given that item.

It is a nice stat upgrade.

As for the proc, it goes both ways:

1- If you are a shitty mage and cannot master the Fireball + Pyro fishing rotation, both stationary and on the move via Ice Flows, this is an upgrade for you!
    2- If you are a good mage and you are used to the fishing rotation, simply ignore this legendary and treat it as a regular item and don,t put back Scorch on your bar because you got this item.
    Its easier to do the normal rotation than doing it correctly with scorch+pyro. Its actually the 3rd best legendary for single targer according to AT, and it is effectively better to stand in melee and scorch+pyro than doing it the normal way(for 25% hp and lower)

Fireball+pyro isnt really hard now is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Its easier to do the normal rotation than doing it correctly with scorch+pyro. Its actually the 3rd best legendary for single targer according to AT, and it is effectively better to stand in melee and scorch+pyro than doing it the normal way(for 25% hp and lower)

Fireball+pyro isnt really hard now is it?
    I have tried to stand in melee range, even at 0 yard. The scorch + pyro does not fit within the 200 ms window. When you do it as Fireball + Pyro, let's assume both crits, the HS will change to HS directly. When i do it with scorch at 0 yard, HS becomes HU which becomes a HS immediately after. Visually this tells me that its a 2 phase thing rather than a 1 phase thing (FB + Pyro). And if that's the case, then it doesn't work!

Also with the FB + pyro standard rotation, if i stand in melee i can FB + Phoenix flame in order to replicate FB + Pyro. With scorch i have also tried Scorch + Phoenix Flame, and it also fails.

Deleted
    I have tried to stand in melee range, even at 0 yard. The scorch + pyro does not fit within the 200 ms window. When you do it as Fireball + Pyro, let's assume both crits, the HS will change to HS directly. When i do it with scorch at 0 yard, HS becomes HU which becomes a HS immediately after. Visually this tells me that its a 2 phase thing rather than a 1 phase thing (FB + Pyro). And if that's the case, then it doesn't work!

Also with the FB + pyro standard rotation, if i stand in melee i can FB + Phoenix flame in order to replicate FB + Pyro. With scorch i have also tried Scorch + Phoenix Flame, and it also fails.
    I think you are missing something here. Ball + pyro does sometimes proc hs straight away but that doesn't mean it doesn't have two elements. It's still hu into hs, you just don't see the hu cause two crits happen at the same time. There is nothing wrong with seeing hu when you are scorching. The reason why you are in melee range is because if scorch crits and pyro doesn't, you don't loose the hu buff because the two spells hit within protection window.

Quote Originally Posted by koaxialus View Post
    I think you are missing something here. Ball + pyro does sometimes proc hs straight away but that doesn't mean it doesn't have two elements. It's still hu into hs, you just don't see the hu cause two crits happen at the same time. There is nothing wrong with seeing hu when you are scorching. The reason why you are in melee range is because if scorch crits and pyro doesn't, you don't loose the hu buff because the two spells hit within protection window.
    Yes i understand that. However there is still a difference. Here is the exemple to illustrate this difference.

You curently have a HS proc and start casting a Fireball. When it is done casting you consume your HS proc with an instant pyro. Now if fireball hits the target first and crits, you will gain HU, and if pyro hits 100 ms later and doesnt crit, you keep this HU proc. If pyro were to hit 300 ms later, you will loose the HU proc. The scorch + pyro scenario is exactly like the 300 ms window exemple.

The 200 ms window should be seen as HU protection and with the scorch rotation, you loose this protection. If you look at this from a probability perspective, this is what the propability of loosing HU would look like with a 50% (Easy number including critical mass).

FB+Pyro: both need to not crit
    0.5*0.5 = 0.25 so 25% to loose your HU buff.

Scorch+ Pyro: both need to not crit or the last one only.
    0.5*0.5 = 25% like before + there is a 25% chance that the crit and non crit combination will come out = 50%

The way i look at it is that at 50% crit, you will loose twice more HU procs, when using only 3 spells.

I got 40ms, and I have no issues with getting that to work. Scorch+ pyro does work exactly the same as fireball+pyro, but you gotta be a bit quicker to make it work properly, and inside 5 yards of target. If we talk about skill, scorch-pyro is a much "harder" thing to do Scorch do hit more than fireball at below 25% hp, and if you make it work with HU/HS/PYRO, its pretty decent. Far below the bracers though and I guess overall its the 4th best one.

I gotta agree with the people anyway, because when I first got it, I was like YAY, and then, oh that one :P

But reading bit about it and trying it myself its not so bad. It might be situational, good on some bosses(Ursoc, Cenarius, Xavius comes in mind)but less so if you are progression alot on a boss and struggling to hit 25% on the boss, naturally. I can only talk for normal/heroic mode though.

Its king on Wrath of Azshara in EoA =D

yaya finally got my first legendary.. the boots.. and as a fire mage alrdy wearing a set of ilvl 875 BiS i lose almost 4% crit changing them so i dont even use them so its the worst day ever.. raiding in mythic i cant come close to topping the dps vs our 2 mages with ring and bracers.. fml

Way too stuffed to be lucky on legendaries on top of that.

Norgannon Hype !

Quote Originally Posted by genzic8787 View Post
    yaya finally got my first legendary.. the boots.. and as a fire mage alrdy wearing a set of ilvl 875 BiS i lose almost 4% crit changing them so i dont even use them so its the worst day ever.. raiding in mythic i cant come close to topping the dps vs our 2 mages with ring and bracers.. fml
    I don't get why they added crap legendaries like those boots. Did they learn nothing from D3? I dunno, maybe I'm missing something with the boots, but they honestly seem useless to me.

I've got the Dragon Breath legendary helm yesterday. Is it a good idea to cast Dragon's Breath on the last second of Combustion?

Deleted
    I got Belo'vir's Final Stand from the weekly cache in the order hall. Even though it has nice stats it is a disappointing drop compared to the items that give actual DPS increase.

At least I dodged the truly terrible drops.

My first legendary was the neck piece, Prydaz, which is the worst legendary in the game. Today, I got the ring, the second worst legendary in the game, fuck you blizzard and your RNG bullshit, literally feel like quitting the game cause of this, so far behind other people due to RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    My first legendary was the neck piece, Prydaz, which is the worst legendary in the game. Today, I got the ring, the second worst legendary in the game, fuck you blizzard and your RNG bullshit, literally feel like quitting the game cause of this, so far behind other people due to RNG.
    lol that made my day.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
    I've got the Dragon Breath legendary helm yesterday. Is it a good idea to cast Dragon's Breath on the last second of Combustion?
    Probably not. It's not very good during combustion since it doesn't trigger ignite, and combustion inflates mastery immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAmbrosia View Post
    Probably not. It's not very good during combustion since it doesn't trigger ignite, and combustion inflates mastery immensely.
    Actually if you can't get any other cast off, it is better to cast DB, atleast I'm pretty sure it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Actually if you can't get any other cast off, it is better to cast DB, atleast I'm pretty sure it is.
    If you have sufficient charges of FB and PF going into your combustion you wont want to cast anything but those anyway. I'm a troll even, and I don't run out of them. Maybe with lust and berzerking... but even then fireball is so quick you can probly get it off.