Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I got two in the same day, AFTER the "fix". And I already had one from before. Clearly it was not fixed and most likely it is because it cant be hotfixed, so it will be done in 7.1. Or a lot of people got lucky. Take it as you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable View Post
    So today i log on and got on my guilds teamspeak & to my suprise my guildie had told me he had gotten two legendarys. Normally i would brush this off and congratulate him considering it helps our raid tremendously, but this toon was just his alt. For the life of me i can't understand how a character with less then 24 hours played can get two legendarys within a span of 45 minutes of each other.

So i thought blizzard fixed getting your first legendary increasing your chance at a second?

I don't blame you, I actually just got back to back legendary's in the matter of 12h or so. I logged in right as my raid was starting and checked my mythic+ weekly chest, and BAM a legendary popped out. My friends hound me saying I never get anything (but I have 2 legendary's at this point). To be fair, I have yet to receive any trinkets at all. None have personally dropped for me.

Now this morning, I log in to do the Dreamweavers dailies. Complete them, and BAM my 3rd legendary drops from the chest.

So I very much doubt they fixed the issues. Which sucks for people. My small band of friends are just now seeing their first legendary drop, and we all have about the same amount of play time.

Cant post link sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    Broken or not, I am referring to the trend that everyone seems to be in a huge rush for a legendary, guilds using them as credential for recruiting and when people finally get one they complain it's not the one that they want. Yes I agree it would be nice to have one, but I just think they are slightly overrated.
    This pretty much sums up how I feel about the whole issue. Oh, I do not have one yet...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    You're right, it's still possible, but so many people have gotten multiple legendary items within short time-frames since the "fix". That amount of people essentially winning the lottery... 2 or 3 times, within the same day? I'd suggest, if there isn't, to make a megathread or something, and just keep merging threads. Blizzard must know about it and can't fix it yet. :|
    I don't think it's really a lot of people. It's anecdotal. For instance, in my guild, only a few people have gotten legendaries and not a single one has seen a second or a third.

Blizzard is probably the only one who can examine the playerbase as a whole and decide if the distribution of legendary items is near where they intended or not. According to them, as of the last time they spoke about it, it is.

You are absolutely right. At the same time, Don't you think the probability of getting a second legendary 45 minutes after is extremely low?
    You know, Blizzard said that the rate was higher than intended but they never said people who have one legendary shouldn't be getting a second one.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    I got the crappy 15% haste ring. Have yet to receive another legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    I find it funny how people are crying about Legendaries like the players used to when Diablo 3 first came out. Not having a legendary should not hinder your ability to play the game.
    Except a lot of legendaries flesh out rotations and some classes play like crap without them. They also happen to provide absolutely massive buffs to dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I don't think it's really a lot of people. It's anecdotal. For instance, in my guild, only a few people have gotten legendaries and not a single one has seen a second or a third.

Blizzard is probably the only one who can examine the playerbase as a whole and decide if the distribution of legendary items is near where they intended or not. According to them, as of the last time they spoke about it, it is..
    You are probably right overall, but I still believe it's too "good" to be true. Last week alone I saw about 4 posts on here showing people getting double+ legendary items the same day. You [rightfully] locked one of the threads, so I'm sure you've seen them too (from that thread: http://imgur.com/ibyF4GG, http://i.imgur.com/Fj8JkTA.png, http://i.imgur.com/XfcOH28.jpg, etc, etc). Even my own guildy got his 2nd. I assume my alt would get his second (or more) too if I didn't refuse to play it.

It's just awkward knowing there's (seemingly) more people with 2 or 3 than there is with just the 1. Someone linked a site back before the bug got "fixed", can't remember what it is, but I'd definitely like to see it again now. It showed people from a guild with legendaries, more with 2+ than 1.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2016-10-12 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchh View Post
    I got my first legendary the other day. It ended up being Sephuz Secret. It's an absolute crap legendary that cannot be used on most bosses and when it can be used it can't really be used effectively.
    Sephuz works whenever you TRY to cc something, not only if it succeeds. It should proc on boss mobs when you try to disable them and fail.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly. The original bug was noticed because a lot of people were getting 2 legendaries and very few people were getting just one. Anecdotal evidence now shows that a lot of people haven't got a second shortly after getting their first. My conclusion is that they fixed the bug.

The fact that people can get 2 legendaries before other people get 1 is just RNG working as intended.

10+ Year Old Account
    So today i log on and got on my guilds teamspeak & to my suprise my guildie had told me he had gotten two legendarys. Normally i would brush this off and congratulate him considering it helps our raid tremendously, but this toon was just his alt. For the life of me i can't understand how a character with less then 24 hours played can get two legendarys within a span of 45 minutes of each other.

So i thought blizzard fixed getting your first legendary increasing your chance at a second?
    You need to understand what RNG is. He got 2 legendaries. of the how many millions of players playing?
    Sorry but this is just lucky RNG for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    You need to understand what RNG is. He got 2 legendaries. of the how many millions of players playing?
    Sorry but this is just lucky RNG for him.
    I think you are failing to understand my point. The odds of this happening for one legendary is extremely low none the less happening twice in a 45 minute span. The odds are so slim of this happening it would be like winning the lottery twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're now trying to argue that fingers are people. And you expect me to take your argument seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    I did walk up to a truck once and whispered, "I know your secret... Optimus Prime..

I don't know if they did. They claim they did. But I'll reiterate from a previous thread: fixing the bug doesn't mean people won't end up with two legendary items.
    Having stalked the US Legendary thread for a while, it's clear that it isn't fixed, weather they tried or didn't, said that they did, it's still in effect.

Got 3 toons, 0 legs so far. And you can bet that when I get one, it's going to be that crap CC ring.

There's a guy in my guild with like 5 legs, 4 in one toon and 1 in the another...

Deleted
    Why are these threads even possible? It has nothing to do with rng or luck - buy the fucking inventory if Griftah, all his luck charms and you will get your legendary in the next 7 days 100%.....................

a guildie of mine got 2 last night and out GM got one too. One from his cache, then he went to kill Jim and got one from him too... same with the GM... I've only seen 2 drop, 1 in a heroic for a rogue, and 1 in normal EN off Xav for our warrior. On one hand it kinda makes me mad that I haven't gotten one yet, despite not missing any mythic lockouts, running heroics, weekly cache, mythic+, and WQ cache... and then there are people with 2 and 3 on the same toon and their alt has one too. it might be silly to be mad about it... but i wish they wouldn't have done this. I have this strange feeling that I'm gonna be benched because i cannot compete with their ilvl boost and the ilvl requirement for pugs is already a bit silly... /shrug

You are absolutely right. At the same time, Don't you think the probability of getting a second legendary 45 minutes after is extremely low?

And it doesn't.. the problem is the system is broken.
    I think what you're really saying is that the system doesn't work the way that you want it to. The bigger problem is that it *is* working the way Blizzard wants it to. And as far as people saying to quit playing until they fix it... Blizzard has proven that they won't respond to people unsubscribing. I guess I can understand the complaint if somehow you've been dropped from a top level raiding group because you're not getting legendary drops, but otherwise I'm not sure why a piece of gear would so drastically impact your enjoyment of the game (if only Blizz had never made iLvl public and all gear had the same color). Otherwise, either you enjoy the game or you don't. If you don't then I'd also suggest you stop playing (it's what I've done several times when I've not been enjoying things).

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah same thing happened with a guildy of mine last night in our raid. There were 4 legendary drops, and 2 of them dropped for one guy back to back. So its like, yay, you got a legendary, go die for getting 2 you jerky jerk.

Deleted
    And yet I have two legendaries and have not received another in over two weeks. While I wholeheartedly agree that the legendary system is less than perfect, it's likely there is an awful lot of confirmation bias going on. But still, 30 minutes from now I can equip both my legendaries, even if one is a Fire legendary and one is an Arcane legendary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Just do what im doing, play the remaining days you have on your sub, quit, only return when they fix the leg drop rate
    Great reason to quit the game. I think its what my 11 year old calls a rage quit?
    Hopefully when you resub the Legendary items will just show up in your mailbox.

People who cry about not getting a legendary don't deserve one imo. Good thing it's not my decision eh?