Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    Ghostbusters nowhere to be found in the top 20
    Not a big surprise, given its sale starting on December 5.

I see Frozen as #5, Zootopy #8, and Gods of Egypt #13. The German home video market looks special.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Source?
    Amazon. (Note it has slid to #30 since.)
    On this site says is number #92
    It is a cumulative chart since January 1. Note that Warcraft isn't there at all.
    The only cringe moment...
    No, it is not the only cringe moment. Fimmel, Patton and Foster acting was permanently cringeworthy (Fimmel got a moment to shine in Karajan fight, though). The rest of the cast wasn't, but only because they were made from strong Canadian wood. Most props were cringeworthy. Mocap fights were too.
    Last edited by Tackhisis; 2016-10-12 at 06:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    No, it is not the only cringe moment. Fimmel, Patton and Foster acting was permanently cringeworthy (Fimmel got a moment to shine in Karajan fight, though). The rest of the cast wasn't, but only because they were made from strong Canadian wood. Most props were cringeworthy. Mocap fights were too.
    I must be really old then because to me the CGI was amazing and i never cringed the entire movie.
    (only on the elfs lol)

Deleted
    I will never understand the hate for this movie. I watched it 2 times because i thought "did i watch the movie wrong?"
    Was i blinded or something?
    Watched it again and i cant see the problem.
    The only cringe moment in the entire movie was when i saw the ears of the blood elfs. The rest was ok. Not good but Ok.
    I can definitely understand someone not liking this quest, but what I can't understand is that people who don't like this movie feel the need to "prove" it to other people that they are objectively wrong if they do not like the movie. If one didn't like the movie, they could just move along and not watch it again. Or alternatively go on a personal crusade on mmp-champion to make sure everyone else will accept it is bad.

Same thing actually goes for the most fanatic fans of the movie too. Some people seem to have this weird idea that if you don't like to movie you are wrong somehow.

I must be really old then because to me the CGI was amazing and i never cringed the entire movie.
    (only on the elfs lol)
    not sure if Elves made you cringe or the CGI for the elves. Because the Elves weren't CGI. If they did make you cringe just know there was a part of Blizzcon's 2014 Movie preview which included elves and let me tell you... they were better. I don't know what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyllypaladin View Post
    I can definitely understand someone not liking this quest, but what I can't understand is that people who don't like this movie feel the need to "prove" it to other people that they are objectively wrong if they do not like the movie. If one didn't like the movie, they could just move along and not watch it again. Or alternatively go on a personal crusade on mmp-champion to make sure everyone else will accept it is bad.

Same thing actually goes for the most fanatic fans of the movie too. Some people seem to have this weird idea that if you don't like to movie you are wrong somehow.
    It's called pride. When a person starts to defend it for something stupid as arguing weather the movie is objectively good or bad, it means that's all he has left in his life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a big surprise, given its sale starting on December 5.

I see Frozen as #5, Zootopy #8, and Gods of Egypt #13. The German home video market looks special.
    http://www.the-numbers.com/weekly-bluray-sales-chart
    Zootopia #5 Gods of Egypt #17. Not that much of a difference to the American taste.
    At least we don't have some weird Christian propaganda films in our charts like Miracles from Heaven #12

Still it shows how the movie fans were deluded. The movie failed in theaters, it also has failed in video disk market. Money talks louder than trollish 10/10 reviews.

How are people saying the movie didn't break even.. it more than broke even in China alone..... http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/...d=warcraft.htm
    Heroes get remembered.... but legends never die!

It was discussed many times in this same thread, but in a nutshell: Total cost of Warcraft is about $400M; US studios get 25% of Chinese box office; net box office should be about $170M; the rest $230M must be covered by streaming, TV contracts and disc sales. It doesn't seem possible for Warcraft to make that.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was discussed many times in this same thread, but in a nutshell: Total cost of Warcraft is about $400M; US studios get 25% of Chinese box office; net box office should be about $170M; the rest $230M must be covered by streaming, TV contracts and disc sales. It doesn't seem possible for Warcraft to make that.
    Where did you get the 400$ from? 160 in Production and 110 in Advertising is 270 overall, not 400.

Deleted
    Where did you get the 400$ from? 160 in Production and 110 in Advertising is 270 overall, not 400.
    He's just trolling and spreading false information, please ignore and report him. Stop replying to him!

Where did you get the 400$ from?
    Here's some useful info: https://stephenfollows.com/how-movie...-blockbusters/
    Additionally, there is a cost/income breakdown of another movie somewhere in this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's some useful info: https://stephenfollows.com/how-movie...-blockbusters/
    Additionally, there is a cost/income breakdown of another movie somewhere in this thread.
    So it's not hard numbers but assumptions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still it shows how the movie fans were deluded. The movie failed in theaters, it also has failed in video disk market. Money talks louder than trollish 10/10 reviews.
    Rofl... "video disc market"

Deleted
    Any word on a sequel yet?...

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkCreed86 View Post
    There won't be a sequel, not with $47M box office and disappointing disk sales.

Maybe there will be a reboot after 2021 if WoW still is around (which is unlikely).

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    There won't be a sequel, not with $47M box office and disappointing disk sales.
    Eh? Give us a source maybe?

It would also be nice Tack that when someone make certain questions you do not feel the need to spout your usual crap if you don't have actual facts in hand (hint: the only fact and answer to give was: no, not yet).
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkCreed86 View Post

It really didn't do all that well overall at the box office.
    They didn't make enough money to make a director's cut. Thats a bit telling to me after jones mentioned it.
    Blizzard all but stopped mentioning there was a warcraft movie and it was still in theaters.

Word on a sequel is non-existent and I wouldn't expect one any time soon. I don't even think blizzard wants to jump back on this train.

People keep forgetting Duncan Jones is currently shooting Mute. He doesn't have any time now. So... we won't hear anything from him about it until AFTER Mute

Warcraft gets 45% of chinese box office.