Quote Originally Posted by Snackwiches View Post
    Legion's content has been pretty superb, IMO, but Blizzard's class design remains, hands down, the worst in the entire genre and it keeps getting worse.

They cleave out more and more abilities, killed glyphs, continue to simplify gear, continue to homogenize classes, normalize things with easy to balance artifacts and it's still awful.

The arrogance and pride is absolutely fucking hysterical when these people are legitimately AWFUL at their job. Across the board, no matter where you go from reviews to forums to reddit, etc, the #1 complaint with Legion is always that class design is pure trash.
    Class balancing sucks but not class design imo. Each spec feels pretty unique and is fun to play, few of them are mechanically broken like Fury is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellianar View Post
    Class balancing sucks but not class design imo. Each spec feels pretty unique and is fun to play, few of them are mechanically broken like Fury is.
    This is pretty fair. When I play my Monk or even my low level fire mage I dabble with from time to time. I think they are quite fun. And that expands to a lot of classes. Like the new ele/enh feel pretty fun and cool, I even like most of the new ret paladin stuff. All three DK specs play well, they are just balanced awfully.

On the other hand you have Arms/Fury, Warlocks, Hunters that are just awful.

And of course their balancing continues to be horrid, and always has been across the board.

I wouldn't call Fury mechanically broken at all. Sure, it has a few issues with Juggernaut, Enrage penalty and Furious Slash, but apart from that I find the spec to be tons of fun to play, more than its MoP and WoD incarnations, and hopefully the above issues can be tuned/redesigned in the future. If any warrior spec is close to mechanically broken, I'd say it's Arms which I find supremely boring to play, as well as overly reliant on RNG. Which is sad, because they (finally!) make sure Fury's reliance on RNG is mostly gone in Legion, but then they dump that RNG into Arms instead.

fury core gameplay is really good in legion, the problem is that they somehow managed to make everything we have apart from our core dont synergize with each other...

and then theres the fact that literally more than half of our talents are so shit, they will never be taken by anyone who is just a bit serious about the class.

the funny thing is, fixing our 3 golden dragons wouldnt even be "big mechanical changes"... its all numbers too:
    jugger: less stacks, longer duration, more impact per stack (all 3 of those are number-tuning things)
    rage: increase proc-rate further (number change)... or optimally change it BACK to rppm like it was in beta (pretty sure thats a small fix too)
    odyns: same as rage

if they'd adjust those 3 things, we wouldnt need much else ... as a bandaid so to speak.

in a perfect world, we obviously would like some mechanical changes as well, but they are either plain lazy, dont give a fuck or really are THAT clueless

Are those Fury buffs I see on the PTR??

Can someone please link the notes for fury buffs for PTR, I read this thread and couldn't catch any info pertaining to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Escapevelocity View Post
    Can someone please link the notes for fury buffs for PTR, I read this thread and couldn't catch any info pertaining to them.
    You're replying to a thread on what is either the most- or second-most popular fan site which lists these changes, I find it almost difficult to believe that you would need a link..

not even worth calling that shit "buffs"

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    This is pretty fair. When I play my Monk or even my low level fire mage I dabble with from time to time. I think they are quite fun. And that expands to a lot of classes. Like the new ele/enh feel pretty fun and cool, I even like most of the new ret paladin stuff. All three DK specs play well, they are just balanced awfully.

On the other hand you have Arms/Fury, Warlocks, Hunters that are just awful.

And of course their balancing continues to be horrid, and always has been across the board.
    Certain mechanical flaws aside, I actually like the basis of Fury, and to a lesser extent Arms, so I'll agree with the sentiment that design is ok; but balancing is horribly flawed. That said, anyone who actually thinks that class/specs are even meant to be perfectly balanced is horribly misguided. It's a fine ideal, but not one that they've ever actually worked toward. They purposefully imbalance classes/specs all the time, and Legion is nothing new in that regard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jjbarea View Post
    not even worth calling that shit "buffs"
    They're definitely buffs, just not the ones we wanted or really needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    They're definitely buffs, just not the ones we wanted or really needed.
    I'm still pretty convinced they're just tooltip updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulfe View Post
    I'm still pretty convinced they're just tooltip updates.
    They are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Odin9845 View Post
    You're replying to a thread on what is either the most- or second-most popular fan site which lists these changes, I find it almost difficult to believe that you would need a link..
    Not the answer I'm looking for or either you don't know where to find them yourself.

Deleted
    Not the answer I'm looking for or either you don't know where to find them yourself.
    Just check the front page yo

You want a link? www.mmo-champion.com

There you go!
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Yeah boost some damage, but don't worry about the enrage damage ppl keep complaining about or the juggernaut issue... sweet.. eyeballing it looks like an 8% increase in damage almost across the board.
    Last edited by Roiids; 2016-10-12 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roiids View Post
    Yeah boost some damage, but don't worry about the enrage damage ppl keep complaining about or the juggernaut issue... sweet..

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah boost some damage, but don't worry about the enrage damage ppl keep complaining about or the juggernaut issue... sweet.. eyeballing it looks like an 8% increase in damage almost across the board.
    I'll say it until I'm blue in the face, the increased damage taken is essentially a non-factor in a raiding environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Odin9845 View Post
    I'll say it until I'm blue in the face, the increased damage taken is essentially a non-factor in a raiding environment.
    And in PvP? World content?

If it's a non-factor in a raiding environment, like you say, what's the purpose behind it if it accomplishes nothing?

If it's a non-factor in a raiding environment, like you say, what's the purpose behind it if it accomplishes nothing?
    That's really my point, its just unnecessary to have it.

PvP tuning knobs are completely different than world/instanced PvE and can be adjusted as such. As for world content, again a non-factor. Spec Furious Charge before you leave Dalaran and call it a day.

Edit: I didn't respond to your second question. While it may be inconsequential, it does add a bit of flavor and can even be beneficial in some cases, i.e. mythic Elerethe after feeding time. You likely aren't yet enraged and the extra HP makes it easier to survive the huge damage taken if you're webbed when she lands.
    Last edited by Odin9845; 2016-10-12 at 07:41 PM.

I really think the talent should make it a almost net zero damage taken with the artifact stuff. That makes more sense to me and its still "flavor."