10+ Year Old Account

Look what I found on my desk Shame it won't render a frame of video game ever. Will do GPU accelerated video rendering and conversion, pretty much 24/7. Though in the meantime it's fun to hold :P

10+ Year Old Account
    That's Scáthach in your avatar/signature right @Remilia? Makes me want to put my signature of her back

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Look what I found on my desk Shame it won't render a frame of video game ever. Will do GPU accelerated video rendering and conversion, pretty much 24/7. Though in the meantime it's fun to hold :P
    I'm more interested in what's behind the Titan XP's box, if my memory isn't deceiving me Sony only makes professional monitors right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    That's Scáthach in your avatar/signature right @Remilia? Makes me want to put my signature of her back

- - - Updated - - -

I'm more interested in what's behind the Titan XP's box, if my memory isn't deceiving me Sony only makes professional monitors right?
    It's a Sony OLED panel, model name escaping my mind atm, producing such beautiful contrast you wouldn't believe (So high in fact I have to keep a regular LCD-TV close by so I know how the video content we produce looks in 99% of the living rooms out there )

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a Sony OLED panel, model name escaping my mind atm, producing such beautiful contrast you wouldn't believe (So high in fact I have to keep a regular LCD-TV close by so I know how the video content we produce looks in 99% of the living rooms out there )
    I knew it was something at least 1000x more interesting than the Titan XP. Amazing if you ask me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that explains that. I barely see anyone talk about those monitors really. They're the only professional use OLED monitors I think...?
    Yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Well that explains that. I barely see anyone talk about those monitors really. They're the only professional use OLED monitors I think...?
    Understandable when they start at 5K USD and go up to 30K for the 4K 30" one I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Understandable when they start at 5K USD and go up to 30K for the 4K 30" one I think.
    Also you should change it back. The source image of that is glorious, his Fate/GO works are great. (Yes I've seen it before and know where from, blah blah blah, I need a life).

10+ Year Old Account
    Also you should change it back.
    But not now, Hibike is airing again and KumikoxReina deserves a signature!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no numbers but my impression has been that these OLEDs became quite popular in post production as I've seen so many by now. Mostly in color grading but also as general monitors in PCR-enviroments (though I can't answer for why they would need them over say an LCD, maybe they just dislike the possibility of monitor blur..).

I think Sony is the only pro-OLED player on the market, at least for now the only one that matters. As while their standards generally have failed in the consumer space, Sony has a pretty tight grip on production and post in general, with everything from physical formats to video codecs ending up being successful and widely used.

But they make less sense for any other use of course. Like you don't need HD-SDI connectors for a regular computer monitor and 24.5" for 1080p isn't revolutionary pixel density.

For PC monitor use I saw this today though and started drooling. UI scaling in Windows 7, is it terrible or manageable with say perhaps a third-party fix? :P

4k 27" IPS at a good price point.

10+ Year Old Account
    UI scaling in Windows 7, is it terrible or manageable with say perhaps a third-party fix? :P
    What evn said. Talking about Windows, in Windows 7 it sucks, in Windows 10 it still sucks but it sucks way less.

During 7's time there weren't really any high DPI device being sold in high volume, nowadays we have plenty. Microsoft's own flagship device (the Surface Book) has a 3000x2000 resolution and generally works well with the scaling. But you'll find a lot of inconsistencies and programs that simply don't look right.
    Last edited by Artorius; 2016-10-13 at 04:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no numbers but my impression has been that these OLEDs became quite popular in post production as I've seen so many by now. Mostly in color grading but also as general monitors in PCR-enviroments (though I can't answer for why they would need them over say an LCD, maybe they just dislike the possibility of monitor blur..).

I think Sony is the only pro-OLED player on the market, at least for now the only one that matters. As while their standards generally have failed in the consumer space, Sony has a pretty tight grip on production and post in general, with everything from physical formats to video codecs ending up being successful and widely used.

But they make less sense for any other use of course. Like you don't need HD-SDI connectors for a regular computer monitor and 24.5" for 1080p isn't revolutionary pixel density.

For PC monitor use I saw this today though and started drooling. UI scaling in Windows 7, is it terrible or manageable with say perhaps a third-party fix? :P

[img]http://images.anandtech.com/doci/10750/HP-ENVY-27-Display_Front-Right_575px.jpg[img]
    4k 27" IPS at a good price point.
    For images, what I usually see is Cintiq to Eizo Color Guard / NEC Professional Arts for post production. I don't do videos so I don't know about those. Does it suffer from color instability from angle changes like most typical OLEDs? Typically that's a terrible thing for image production but for video I have no idea.

To prevent you from buying more things. I will tell you to never get an HP monitor. Much like Acer, their QA is just extremely terrible.

I honestly don't really see a lot of good reviews of 3840x2160 monitors, and the only ones I can really think of that may be decent (no review) is Dell's P2415Q/P2715Q. There are the UP series at a higher price point with wide gamut / 10bit though. Still don't know how that performs!
    Last edited by Remilia; 2016-10-13 at 07:14 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    While that monitor appears very nice, and while HP might be able to make a high-end option, if there's no VESA mount then I'm steering clear.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    So... one of my ex lady friends is down to try again. =X Hmmm...
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    So... yeah... for whatever reason after a while if you use Flash enough on Firefox it slows the hell down. Even with a billion tabs open it doesn't affect the performance all that much (or I'm used to it), but with Flash it just laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaags. So I'm pretty much using Firefox and Chrome atm and Chrome loves crashing with tweetdeck =\

10+ Year Old Account
    So... yeah... for whatever reason after a while if you use Flash enough on Firefox it slows the hell down. Even with a billion tabs open it doesn't affect the performance all that much (or I'm used to it), but with Flash it just laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaags. So I'm pretty much using Firefox and Chrome atm and Chrome loves crashing with tweetdeck =\
    I don't even have standalone flash installed anymore
    (Chrome and Edge have it built-in anyway if I need it for some reason)

10+ Year Old Account
    Flash must die!

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.anandtech.com/show/10756/...-and-prosumers

and this (plus comments) is why I have so little hope in informing general consumer and monitors.
    It only covers 99% of Adobe RGB color space and does not support the aforementioned pro-level features of the CG2730 (yet, it has better response time and that is important for gamers).
    Really...

Comments are even worse.

Though honestly speaking I do at one point want to own a ColorEdge CG line monitor for no reason other than to have it and to play around with the wide gamut. I can technically buy one right now, but rather not use it for that yet.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2016-10-17 at 05:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure I'll make some stupid professional monitor purchase too down the road...

10+ Year Old Account
    Had a little bit to say to a dude who was talking shit about Hasselblad putting a touch screen on their new X1D medium format $9,000 camera.

His original comment:

"please stop say touch screen it's important for pro cameras.. buy your self a tablet. a camera should shoot photos not doing the cappuccino!! pleaseee"

My reply to that:

"
    Not doing the cappuccino? Get out of here with your hating on baristas/coffee! A touch screen is useful, get out of here. Don't like it? Well, sucks for you! The future is here dumby."

He replied and deleted this comment, but I got it in my email:

"
    Dumby? get out of here? hahah what an idiot .. stop tech masturbation and learn to photograph and to create content in y photography. Idiot"

Then I sent him a wonderfully colorful response.

"
    Saw your garbage reply, +Bohemian photographer. Nice try though, moron, I have a 7D Mark II, a camera that doesn't even have a partial touch screen! Bahahaha. Take your stupid assumptions based on 0 facts elsewhere. Also, don't knock it before you try it, you might find the touch screen useful in SOME circumstances. Touch screens don't make cappuccinos, btw, dumbass. Also, are you one of the dumb nuts who thought cassettes and CDs would destroy music? Oh look, those are old news now but music is still being made! YouTube and MP3s must be destroying music... oh wait, they aren't. It's the same, touchscreens won't destroy good photography. Shut up.Oh, remember when the movie industry thought VHS tapes would destroy that industry? We've surpassed VHS, surpassed DVDs, and now even blu-rays aren't considered a need, because we have streaming. God, you backwards-thinking anti-technology religious zealots with no interest in seeing what amazing advancements we can do numb my brain. Go back to the 1940s, why don't ya?"

If you're interested in the video that sparked this...

Glad to be of drama-service. I'll come back in a week with another dramatic tale. <3 Be good to yourself and others.
    "A flower.

Why are you arguing with children, Deltrus? If someone cares so hard about touchscreens (which can be superuseful on just about any device under circumstances) they're just manchildren from the start. It's like giving two shits about who marries who in the States, it's no one's problem but the ones trying to get married.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why? I think the better question is why not if I got nothing better to do than play WoW. lol
    "A flower.