Marksmanship Opener from what i've seen on logs

Windburst Into Barrage, then Sidewinders into Marked Shot

Correct? Also is it worth it to hold onto the sidewinders procs? I only sidewinders when im below 80 focus

http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/marksma...-pve-dps-guide

The answer to these questions and more are just a click away.

Deleted
    I do WB AS AS SW barrage MS and then normal rotation. That way you start cd on sidewinder (without losing focus) and it allows for mobility a few sec into the fight rather than the start which i found more usefull on most fights.

Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    I do WB AS AS SW barrage MS and then normal rotation. That way you start cd on sidewinder (without losing focus) and it allows for mobility a few sec into the fight rather than the start which i found more usefull on most fights.
    Too bad it's just wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Too bad it's just wrong.
    Meh, ran with yours for a few weeks, usually need barrage mobility a few sec into the fight because of inexperienced tank.

ive looked at logs and i saw top parsed hunters doing windburst then barrage then sidewinders marked shot

Top parse =/= correct play.

This is very important. Many people look at 99th percentile parses thinking they are the benchmark, but fail to realize many of these insane logs are due to extremely fast kills, gimmick compositions, and insane RNG (legendaries, crits, etc.). Someone who plays sub-optimally can easily out dps someone because they crit 100% during Trueshot while the other didn't, as a simplified example.

Azor is right. I've tried WB AS AS before and it just doesn't let you sneak in the maximum number of marked shots in before the trueshot wears off. Only time i'd agree with doing WB AS AS would be during trash since it lets you just have proper upkeep of vulnerable by saving sidewinders for more trash as you pull.

Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    Meh, ran with yours for a few weeks, usually need barrage mobility a few sec into the fight because of inexperienced tank.
    Shittiest excuse ever, on what boss do you even move on the pull?

Nyth: your splited into groups boss middle.
    Ursoc: Most takes it go the wall, you should be in position before the pull for less dmg loss.
    Spider: Look above
    Dragons: The same applies
    Heart boss: Movement on pull?!?!?
    Cenarius: Your stacked before the pull.
    Xavius: you stand still

The excuse of inexperienced tank doesn't hold any value. Its not hard to tank, or play around the tank.
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanines View Post
    The excuse of inexperienced tank doesn't hold any value. Its not hard to tank, or play around the tank.
    calm yourself. your assessment of the situation is not only hostile and worthless, but really without any merit -- you have no idea what his tanking situation is like, or the level of play he's at. He has admitted to playing sub optimally in a typical raid setting, but is saying he found a work-around for a weakness within his raid.

The irony here is mind-blowing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Not at all. A top parse does not necessarily have correct play.

I am sure you're trying to see some irony in, because I have top parses, it must mean that I am not playing correctly, which is a nice meme if nothing else.

*checks thread, sees response time of ten minutes
    *smiles at winning bet with self

No, I'm not saying a word about your play, correct or otherwise. Everyone who's paid attention already knows from your own words.

No, the irony is YOU saying that about top parses, when you have:

- Repeatedly insisted on your ranking parses as your guide writer credentials
    - Repeatedly attacked and belittled others for not ranking
    - Been a constant voice for "ranking == goal/good play"
    - Led a large majority here to that view, especially newer players.
    - Repeatedly downplayed the fact that most top ranks involve some gimmick (fast kill, bored raid buffing one guy, out and out exploiting, other)

Along with GC, ilvl explicitly pushed as competence when RNG exists, and LFG/LFR, log sites ranking people has been one of the single most harmful things to come to WoW. People with the ranking mentality don't take a team approach; stand in shit if moving would hurt your parse, healers can deal with it. Don't swap off to help get a loose add/oh shit under control, someone else will take care of it. Hell, I've even seen whining about Misdirection because why, one fucking GCD would cripple their DEEPS, maaaaaaaan. Screw doing what's best for the raid, screw getting the kill, all that matters is mah deeps! Old school view was an inbred monkey could dps, regardless of class, how do you help the raid?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    *checks thread, sees response time of ten minutes
    *smiles at winning bet with self
    Aaalrighty then. WutFace