Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    That isn't true as the Broken Isles is CRZ'd.

And here is another thread on the official forums approaching thread cap.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749705806
    Didn't you get infracted last flying thread for spamming forum links from other sites?

They say they have flight planned for mid expansion of Legion but as I have outlined already in this thread that time table is coming closer and closer to being very tough to meet. We know Blizzard will take most of December and January off. I presume they want to launch 7.1 before Thanksgiving rolls around.

By February/March things will become down to the wire for many reasons.
    Wait.... Legion has been out under 2 months and you're saying that the midway point 'is coming closer and closer to being tough to meet'?

Personally I expect Legion to be a 1.5-2 year expansion, and if flight is truly ~mid cycle, to be around ~1 year from release with 7.4 or 7.5 (the tomb of sargeras raid).

That isn't true as the Broken Isles is CRZ'd.

And here is another thread on the official forums approaching thread cap.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749705806
    Yes it is true. The game is scripted. Always has been, always will be. The feeling of "adventure" is merely finding all of the scripted content in the game. If you want a truly adventurous game, play a sandbox title like eve online or UO. Once you've seen the content in WoW, the sense of adventure goes away. At that point it's merely repetition and grinding. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, just that this is what the game is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Wait.... Legion has been out under 2 months and you're saying that the midway point 'is coming closer and closer to being tough to meet'?

Personally I expect Legion to be a 1.5-2 year expansion, and if flight is truly ~mid cycle, to be around ~1 year from release with 7.4 or 7.5 (the tomb of sargeras raid).
    No no.... You are wrong. ALL people that measure the timespan in moth and years time by normal standard. You have to look at those announcements fron Blizzard the BLIZZARD way. You know... faster expansions, no content droughts? ;-)
    So before really knowing when flight arrives we have to know how many patches are planned. Is it MoP-Standart then it will arrive 7.2 (midway of 7.4 = 4 patches in legion), if it's WoD standart it would be with 7.1 (since this excuse of an expansion called WoD had only 2 real patches... actually only one.)

Stop using logic (i am even surprised you can use it without hurting yourself :-D) to reason Blizzards announcements. You have to convert your brain to think like they think. So mid expansion is when half of the patches planned for the expansion hit live status, the expansion isn't over when the next expansion hits. so last patch will be a year maybe one and a half year into the expansion.... flight therefore 6 to p moth into the expansion.

You are so funny :-D.... measuring "mid expansion" in real time years while for Blizzard time just flies by... XD "Oh no, we didn't bring out any new content for a whole year?!? Man.. time just rockets by, don't you think people?"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    Yes it is true. The game is scripted. Always has been, always will be. The feeling of "adventure" is merely finding all of the scripted content in the game. If you want a truly adventurous game, play a sandbox title like eve online or UO. Once you've seen the content in WoW, the sense of adventure goes away. *snip*
    Soooo if all the adventure is gone if you have seen it once, why prevent people from flying if there is NO ADVENTURE once they have seen it all?
    You know where we are getting, right? This bullshit flying would take out so much from the game...... like take the adventures feeling from a world where the adventure is gone after you have seen it once. The world, remember, where flying trivializes content that is already trivial made by the games default progress mechanic. Unless you want to call cliffs and speedbumbs content.... those get trivialized by flying and rightfully so. Because they are just bad game design.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    So what you're basically saying is the sky is falling...... Soon?
    Do you think WoD's complaints were all 'sky is falling' and that the first 2 months of 'WoD is awesome!' is how the expansion really is?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    Yes it is true. The game is scripted. Always has been, always will be. The feeling of "adventure" is merely finding all of the scripted content in the game. If you want a truly adventurous game, play a sandbox title like eve online or UO. Once you've seen the content in WoW, the sense of adventure goes away. At that point it's merely repetition and grinding. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, just that this is what the game is.
    I personally don't care if the game is scripted or not. Give players flying to decide what they want to do on their own free time. WoW devs have some weird ideas as to what is fun based on their Q/A sessions they always do. I could care less if they think Mythic +++ is exciting or RNG drops is exciting.

Flying to me is what I find fun. Nothing complicated about this and the WoW devs are over thinking this. WoW devs did a lot of over thinking a long time when players asked for the transmog system as well, because they couldn't understand how that was fun gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Do you think WoD's complaints were all 'sky is falling' and that the first 2 months of 'WoD is awesome!' is how the expansion really is?
    Do you think flying would have made WoD great?

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    Great? No. Better? Yes it certainly did.

No flight is a tactic employed by Blizzard to extend the content they already have in the game. Content takes longer to do, players play for longer hours. With no flight, Blizzard has complete control over content pacing. It's already gated behind an achievement/unlocking system, the time gating only adds frustration for players who want flight.

The time gating is arbitrary. Having flight is win-win, and the only negative impact is Blizzard being unable to properly control player pacing (people using flight to farm rep, professions, achievements, etc). The other drawback is the fact the new zones are much smaller by design, which lack of flight creates the illusion of being bigger than they actually are. That, IMO, is more an oversight (not a flaw) in design.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2016-10-12 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Great? No. Better? Yes it certainly did.

No flight is a tactic employed by Blizzard to extend the content they already have in the game. Content takes longer to do, players play for longer hours. With no flight, Blizzard has complete control over content pacing. It's already gated behind an achievement/unlocking system, the time gating only adds frustration for players who want flight.

The time gating is arbitrary. Having flight is win-win, and the only negative impact is Blizzard being unable to properly control player pacing (people using flight to farm rep, professions, achievements, etc). The other drawback is the fact the new zones are much smaller by design, which lack of flight creates the illusion of being bigger than they actually are. That, IMO, is more an oversight (not a flaw) in design.
    The pacing argument is conspiracy level bull shit. Everything in this game is under time locks that have nothing to do with flying. Weekly lockouts. Daily lockouts. Even all of the world quests are on a timer. So you're telling me if i had flying I would be able to accomplish more than someone without flying? From a pacing standpoint, you're just wrong. We would both hit the timewall on whatever we're doing regardless.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The pacing argument is conspiracy level bull shit. Everything in this game is under time locks that have nothing to do with flying. Weekly lockouts. Daily lockouts. Even all of the world quests are on a timer. So you're telling me if i had flying I would be able to accomplish more than someone without flying? From a pacing standpoint, you're just wrong. We would both hit the timewall on whatever we're doing regardless.
    With flying you will have a lot more waiting time between the time gates, when you have nothing else to do but wait for the timer. Without flying you are exhausted just at about right time to logoff before you run out of things to do for the day. Pacing, do you get it?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Not more. Faster.

As someone who powergames, time is a very precious resource to me. If non-flight adds an extra 10-15 minutes onto my content grind, I would just wait until flight is unlocked before I even bother starting. As I've stated before, flight isn't so important that it would cause me to unsub; but I do value flight enough that it is a contributing factor in my decision to return to WoW. It's not the grind that matters, it's about efficiency. We know flight will be available, so it's not a matter of 'if'; only of 'when'. There will be a time when world quests will be able to be completed more efficiently through flight, and that's the whole point.

Immersion and ambience lasts as long as leveling content. I'm well aware of non-flight's benefits in making the world seem bigger and content be more fulfilling. I don't care about immersion or ambience when it comes down to the grind - that illusion is lost by the very nature of being the grind.

Even in Cataclysm, the Molten Front was gated with no flight. This was acceptable because it was regulated to one zone, not a full-fledged 'No flight for anyone in the world' limitation. Molten Front did not affect all the other aspects of my gameplay, such as profession gathering or archaeology or just plain enjoying the scenery of the world. If it's a case where I know I have 20 minutes of free time to spend, I want to spend it as efficiently as possible. That's the thrill of getting better gear to be able to run through dungeons faster. Instead of spending 30 minutes on a dungeon in greens and blues, I can run 2 in that time geared in epics.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2016-10-12 at 07:31 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Talking to my wife today, and maybe it is just wishful thinking, but maybe Flight will be announced for Legion in 7.1 at Blizzcon?

Personally it makes sense every other time they have announced flight at Blizzcon it has always been a great response
    You and your friends in this thread state that flight REQUIRES testing before it is patched in. If it is not in the 7.1 PTR, it MIGHT make it to 7.2 PTR. You are welcome to come back in 120 days and find out for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    It's amazing how the timeframe for when the riots will start just keeps getting extended over and over.

"When people hit 110..
    It's the first week...
    It's just been two weeks...
    I mean we're in the first month...
    Come on, it's not even two months yet... soon though!!"

So next we're getting
    "It's only the first quarter"
    and then
    "7.1 was just released! Give it time!"
    Yeah, nothing shows a weak argument more than moving the goal posts for when shit is supposed to hit the fan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrclyde-79 View Post
    Some just like to live in their own world where everything they don't approve just isn't true....
    Like how the game has no flight now, or for 7.1, yet players sit in here thinking Blizz will magically flip the switch just to turn their little frowns upside down. Pot meet kettle.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    With flying you will have a lot more waiting time between the time gates, when you have nothing else to do but wait for the timer. Without flying you are exhausted just at about right time to logoff before you run out of things to do for the day. Pacing, do you get it?
    So no flying is some sort of psychological time gate Blizzard is using to work in conjunction with actual time gates. Thanks for clearing that up. I was starting to think we had some sort of conspiracy theory on our hands.

Come back with a real argument.

7+ Year Old Account
    Might have made completing Pathfinder easier, but didn't really do much to change my opinion about the content, or lack there of. I got flight simply to have it as a completionist. Blew almost 100k on medallions for Rep just to avoid that grind.

10+ Year Old Account
    So no flying is some sort of psychological time gate Blizzard is using to work in conjunction with actual time gates. Thanks for clearing that up. I was starting to think we had some sort of conspiracy theory on our hands.

Come back with a real argument.
    No conspiracy, no flying allows them to have less content than is actually needed. Case in point - convoluted mazes for locations.

If you favor such approach of less action more travel, that's sad.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

No conspiracy, no flying allows them to have less content than is actually needed. Case in point - convoluted mazes for locations.

Where exactly are these convoluted mazes people keep trying to cite? Are people still lost? Does the map have a Diablo approach where it changes the zones every day? This arguement and inept point is just that, inept and a waste of your time trying to make it seem like a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Where exactly are these convoluted mazes people keep trying to cite? Are people still lost? Does the map have a Diablo approach where it changes the zones every day?
    You know pretty well what is meant by that. But thanks for bumping the thread.

You say no conspiracy, then make an argument that amounts to Blizzards thought process to terrain design is "lol add a mountain right there.. That will really piss them off".

7+ Year Old Account

Some people enjoy exploration. One of the more exciting items in the game is not even content at all. The running of the gnomes every October:

People everywhere create a lvl 1 Pink haired gnome, and we run from the starting zone to Ironforge, into the tram, into Stormwind, and then due south to Booty Bay. No one uses a mount unless they are already playing a gnome, or they are there to protect the gnomes from mob attacks for the running path from SW to BB.

Sometimes the fun we find in the game simply has to do with the game itself, and not the method of travel. I think most pro-fliers, myself included, forgot that a long time ago. You might get flight in 7.2... and you might not. Maybe you all just need to go back to your WoW roots and remember the fun you had without flight.

10+ Year Old Account
    You say no conspiracy, then make an argument that amounts to Blizzards thought process to terrain design is "lol add a mountain right there.. That will really piss them off".
    Nice strawman.

When you design a zone and quests in it you have to watch for one specific metric (among others): time to completion. You know to get the pacing just about right (i.e. as needed). So a mountain might be put there for aesthetic or lore reasons but quest giver and quest objective might end up on the opposite sides of it because it takes exactly the time they need it to take to travel between the two.

That's no conspiracy, that's Zone design 101.