Thread: [TV] The Flash!

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    Or maybe he will start getting visions of the changes Barry made, and he'll discover that Dante is dead explicitly because the Flash tried to change history. More CW drama to add to the pile!
    I hope not, Sad Cisco is Bad Cisco. I like Fun Cisco.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    Well, if you recall, in Season 1 he was vibe-ing an erased timeline in which he was killed. So he started having nightmares/visions of Dr. Wells killing him, which was questionable.

However, if he were to start getting glimpses of the Flashpoint or the pre-Flashpoint universes, he'd just either see himself with his brother, or himself as a billionaire, both of which he might dismiss as wishful thinking or fantasy rather than legit vibes.

Or maybe he will start getting visions of the changes Barry made, and he'll discover that Dante is dead explicitly because the Flash tried to change history. More CW drama to add to the pile!
    THe one thing I am curious about is, what did Jay Garrick(No not Zoom) time travel experiences do that messed things up in his life. He did say he did it before and knows from experience.

My dumb conspiricy theory is he inadvertently created the original Barry Allen timeline
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    I hope not, Sad Cisco is Bad Cisco. I like Fun Cisco.
    i bet the actor that plays Dante is like WTF. i didn't even get to die on screen? what is this b.s.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i bet the actor that plays Dante is like WTF. i didn't even get to die on screen? what is this b.s.
    Well, on twitter he said "Say it ain't so #TheFlash! #DanteRamon killed in absentia... Thanks a lot #Flashpoint. Barry tryin to go back & save mama, but who saves me?"

When they do the crossover, if he brings Superman over to earth 1. They could do a lil scene where he searches for his E1 counterpart who is not being the hero and talks/gets him to put on the cape. This would put supes on E1, give him more air time and allow him to appear on Arrow/Legends as well.

I can't wait to see Cisco reaction to the alien aspect of the Superman/Girl as well as their name.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    When they do the crossover, if he brings Superman over to earth 1. They could do a lil scene where he searches for his E1 counterpart who is not being the hero and talks/gets him to put on the cape. This would put supes on E1, give him more air time and allow him to appear on Arrow/Legends as well.

I can't wait to see Cisco reaction to the alien aspect of the Superman/Girl as well as their name.
    From the way it's been described so far, it sounds like only Supergirl will be leaving her home universe to come to the Arrowverse. Which is a pity, as I really wanted to see how Winn and Cisco got along.

I'm sure if they meet, at some point Cisco will suggest Power Girl instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    THe one thing I am curious about is, what did Jay Garrick(No not Zoom) time travel experiences do that messed things up in his life. He did say he did it before and knows from experience.

My dumb conspiricy theory is he inadvertently created the original Barry Allen timeline
    Jay isn't from another time line he's from a whole other universe within the multiverse I very much doubt he had anything to do with berry's world pre zoom
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

So, I "caught up" on the last two episodes last night, but I still have no idea what's going on. I guess the cup analogy was adequate, but it doesn't really make sense unless the echoes of the future past somehow effect the present, supposedly-"reset" timeline.

My main question is: will I need to catch up on Legends and Supergirl (I keep up with Flash and Arrow) to be up-to-date on all this shit?

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    So, I "caught up" on the last two episodes last night, but I still have no idea what's going on. I guess the cup analogy was adequate, but it doesn't really make sense unless the echoes of the future past somehow effect the present, supposedly-"reset" timeline.

My main question is: will I need to catch up on Legends and Supergirl (I keep up with Flash and Arrow) to be up-to-date on all this shit?
    No and for your sanity I don't recommend watching all those shows. Theres only so much teen angst one can take. And Flash manages to do it while keeping its charm which I cant say for the other shows.

And short answer is it shouldn't really make sense atm but it should later on and the writers do a good job of keeping you guessing at least so far anyway. Time travel can get messy quick though no doubt.

I think the Flashpoint movie explains it better. Changing something in time doesn't just change that moment it has a ripple effect that affects time before and after that moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I think the Flashpoint movie explains it better. Changing something in time doesn't just change that moment it has a ripple effect that affects time before and after that moment.
    Yeah anyone who hasnt watched Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox. Check it out. Probably my favorite animated movie up there with the batman ones.

Basically the changes from one act in time can be anything like most time travel depiction and it affects everyone except speedsters. Pays to keep it simple and not over think it too much. RF caused the problem we just don't know what he did.

Deleted
    Yes. if you dont want that stop watching flash.

and legends showed that the changes everyone was curious about are caused by Dark and RF

10+ Year Old Account

Not necessarily, I'd focus on the Flash tbh.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I'm not so sure it's like the original Flashpoint with ripple effects. I think it's a coinflip situation: originally Dante didn't die in a car accident*, this time he did; originally Iris didn't get really mad at her father, this time she did; originally Caitlin didn't get impacted by the wave, this time she did; originally Diggle had a girl, this time a boy. I believe Reverse Flash didn't do anything deliberately, I think he just knew that the little changes would accumulate enough to cause Barry some issues.

Where I see the Alchemy plot messing with stuff is the intermediary timeline from the first episode. In that timeline, the change was drastic and as a result there are people who remember their intermediary lives and Alchemy is essentially merging current timeline people with their intermediary existence. I strongly suspect Wally will do the same.

*EDIT: I know an accident isn't really a binary situation, but I feel like they deliberately made it an "accident" rather than something that was the result of planning (like a home invasion or something).
    Last edited by Kalcheus; 2016-10-14 at 08:28 PM.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

There was a movie About Time, where they men of the family could time hop back in time to alter things. But eventually they would hit certain, let say "Save Points" where they wouldn't go further past, because even if nearly everything is the same, there's still random things happening. The movie made the point via the guys kids, just like Diggles daughter becoming a son.

So when they travel back in time, there are a host of little events that were somewhat random. These events are not predetermined and altering the timeline allows the dice to roll again. Like Asimovs Foundation, little fluctuations will smooth out overall, but little changes along the way are probable.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    There was a movie About Time, where they men of the family could time hop back in time to alter things. But eventually they would hit certain, let say "Save Points" where they wouldn't go further past, because even if nearly everything is the same, there's still random things happening. The movie made the point via the guys kids, just like Diggles daughter becoming a son.

So when they travel back in time, there are a host of little events that were somewhat random. These events are not predetermined and altering the timeline allows the dice to roll again. Like Asimovs Foundation, little fluctuations will smooth out overall, but little changes along the way are probable.
    Basically, they have to make time travel dangerous enough that Barry doesn't try using it to fix every little thing. So even if he can take the butterfly effect into account and totally predict every deterministic result of his changes, they're also including these random things/ripple effects which will change simply because he traveled back in time to change things, changes which do not deterministically follow from his actions but simply happen because of the ripples in the timestream his passage causes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yeah, the only time he should be time travelling is to stop a malicious time traveler who he follows back.
    OR huge events like when they fought savage/the tidal wave in season 1
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

I think if he unintentionally jumps back(tidal wave) it's somewhat excused. Savage was a time traveler who was bent on fucking up history(technically speaking).
    I'm pretty sure savage didn't time travel until the time of the time masters which is long after Barry would've died

Him killing others to prolong his lifespan can be viewed as a form of time travel. And even setting that aside I'm not so sure. The man lived for a very long time with time travelers showing interest in him(as he affected history a great deal). We didn't see his entire life in the series and, as such, I wouldn't be surprised if he'd jumped at least once before. And I'm pretty sure it was an accident that time as well(will go watch the relevant episodes of television now).
    i was under the impression savage was immortal and taking the hawks essence simply made him stronger