Enhancement Trinket discussion

hello all, been skulking around these forums/website for years but never really posted.

ive been looking for definitive explanation on the current trinkets of availability and seeing peoples opinions on them.

im going to reference Wordup's Enhancement guide to start the trinket list off then mention a few that arent on there that im confused about.

so - thanks again for this reference wordup - *edit* im not allowed to post links yet. but its on wowhead make sure you check it out!

Trinkets
    Due to the introduction of Warforging and Titanforging and how common it is, actually setting up a consistent recommendation is difficult, so all of the evaluation has been done assuming trinkets are of an equal item level. The recommendations below are for trinkets of particular importance that have the greatest impact.
    Six-Feather Fan is a world drop
    Devilsaur Shock-Baton from the world quest Life Finds a Way
    Chaos Talisman from Fel Lord Betrug in Violet Hold
    Unstable Arcanocrystal from Withered J'im in Azsuna
    Memento of Angerboda from Ymiron, the Fallen King in Maw of Souls
    Chrono Shard from Advisor Vandros in The Arcway
    Please note Faulty Countermeasure has been removed from the list as it has since been reduced in power for Enhancement, so should generally be avoided. Grabbing both Six-Feather Fan from the auction house and Devilsaur Shock-Baton from the world quest will serve best. Alternatively, Mastery and Haste stat sticks from world quests will serve perfectly fine if you can get hold of them and keep up with most dungeon trinkets. Chrono Shard is listed here assuming you have the neck to compliment it for the set bonus, otherwise it is not quite as powerful.

Since then a few trinkets seem to be emerging that ive not seen many shamans discussing.

Spiked counterweight
    Nightmare Egg shell
    Horn of Valor.

And ofcourse the ones from Raids *edit* the original post had links to each trinket.
    Swarming Plaguehive
    Spontaneous Appendages
    Wriggling Sinew
    Bloodthirsty instinct
    Nature's Call
    Bough of Corruption

So before i get flamed about the trinkets ive linked above being caster trinkets. thats another question i pose to the Enh shaman community. due to the DSB being "chance on damaging spells" surely this would open up all the other "Caster" trinkets to us as well.

With all of the above in mind. would two separate procs produce higher DPS over 1 proc based trinket synergising with a mass buff trinket (Momento of Angerboda for example)

Thanks for reading and look forward to see the responses.

*edit*
    With the amount of reads and lack of responses im guessing that a lot of the shaman community is thinking something similar but not knowing the answers either. Do any of you know much about the custom Simming practices and how to start up the theorycrafting process also? or do any of you have experience with the raid trinkets ive posted above?

Personally i got to try out the Spontaneous Appendages and it did 1% additional dps and really wasnt worth having over a straight Stat stick. however i couldnt see if its attacks could potentially proc any of my procables.

again looking forward to your responses
    Fink
    Last edited by Fink; 2016-10-04 at 03:04 PM. Reason: additional info/questions

I honestly had this same question today. I have the 860 from Withered Jim, which is flat stats, but I also have an 845 Shock-Baton and now an 850 Wriggling Sinew from the Nightmare box from this week's weekly quest. I set my loot spec to elemental to get the one off Nythendra, but got that one instead. I'm honestly confused which two trinkets I should use, my gut says stick with Shock-Baton and the one from Withered Jim, but the Wriggling Sinew did hit pretty damn hard in the little time I tried it on the dummy, and I can't really find any info to wether or not Sinew is even good for us, all I've found are posts of people bitching about the lackluster trinkets in EN lol

I am using the tentacle trinket (spontanous appendages sp?) and since i got it, it's stormstrikes out the ass all night long. Has it been confirmed that the tentacles proc stormstrike? Because if so, it will be pretty damn hard to drop that one :/

Yes, that tentacle trinket can proc Stormbringer, it was proven in some other thread here but I can't find it right now.

Deleted
    If all your trinkets are the same item level, then you can use Wordup's triket list. I'll just drop the image here for everybody to see:

But if the trinkets are of different item levels, it gets a little bit more tricky. There's two ways to approch this.

To get the most precise answer, you will have to Sim it. Download SimulationCraft, import your character, run a simulation. Then swap trinkets, log out to update armory, import your character and sim it again. Whichever gives the biggest DPS is your go-to trinket.

Simming a lot of trinkets can be a pain though, especially if the armory is slow to update, so you could take the easy way and go by the list above. If one trinket is higher item level, but lower on the list than what you are comparing to, it's generally worth it to go for item level, unless there is a large discrepancy in item levels.

Finally, let's talk about the misc trinkets you've linked:

Horn of Valor - http://www.wowhead.com/item=133642/h...lor&bonus=1826
    Fairly weak trinket - it gives us versatility, which isn't all bad, but does nothing for us other than damage, healing and taking less damage. The use ability is nice, but it's on a 2 minute cooldown, meaning you'll have a 25% uptime. If you can line it up with Doom Winds, Feral Spirit, Bloodlust etc, then it can be good for burst, but there are many other trinkets that are much better than this.

Bough of Corruption - http://www.wowhead.com/item=139336/b...ion&bonus=1807
    The reason why Devilsaur Shock Baton and Six Feather Fan are so powerful is because their damage is increased by our mastery. Bough of Corruption does shadow damage, so you wont see any additional damage from that.

Wriggling Sinew - http://www.wowhead.com/item=139326/w...new&bonus=1807
    Generally a weak trinket for shaman, since it gives crit (which isn't all bad, but not as good as agility/mastery/haste), and a fairly uninteresting on use. Again, this damage is not amplified by our mastery, so you are looking at a DPS increase of (78952 * 10 / 120) 6579 damage per second, if you use it on cooldown.

I think that was all of the extra trinkets you linked - if I missed one, let me know. But long story short, if it's not on the list above, it's generally not a desirable trinket, but if you have no other options, then make your best judgement call.

@Qieth, is it worth it to use Ask Mr. Robot's 'Best in Bag' feature to get around the pain of using SimC for different gear with how slow armory can be? It looks like it can be very useful but it gave me some results I'm not sure about, such as telling me to switch my 845 Mastery/Haste cloak with a 860 Crit/Vers cloak. Thanks for your help.

Got these trinkets: 880 Faulty Countermeasure, 855 Memento og Angerboda, 835 Shock-Baton

Any suggestions? Countermeasure and Shock-Baton?

Thanks to everyone that has responded so far. after posting that i had come across Wordups trinket sim. and i realise those numbers are relative to the stats that they were simmed at. i need to find out whether having one of those trinkets would significantly change the numbers of the other trinkets up there. e.g if having a stat stick widens the margin between proc trinkets and stat buff trinkets. depending on whether its mastery or haste etc.

on a side note has anyone looked into the Fireball food working with our mastery? is it bugged right now?

Hi, Got a Spiked Counterweight ilvl 880 today from mythic chest. +1043 Haste and Deal 164,596dmg up to 605.059 extra dmg. Is there going to be any change to this trinket since its utter shit for most of the classes or am I just a unlucky guy?

I received an 880 spontaneous appendages last night. I was previously using SFF (835) and replace it with SA. Tested the new one out on xavius and Nythendra and I was just swimming with SB procs. The appendages don't do nearly as much as the SFF but the tentacles prov SB so much and the extra 1100 mastery, I'm now at 83%. I know this trinket has been discussed but just wanted to provide my input. It's so great and I'm doing so much more damage now. I have it paired with an 880 Bloodthirsty Instinct which I find to be a great combo.

What do you guys think of the timewalking trinkets? I got these yesterday. Shard of Contempt (it's level 835 I think) and Hourglass of the Unraveller

They seem like they would be near the top of the best trinkets available for 840ish item level. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth View Post
    To get the most precise answer, you will have to Sim it. Download SimulationCraft, import your character, run a simulation. Then swap trinkets, log out to update armory, import your character and sim it again. Whichever gives the biggest DPS is your go-to trinket.
    Just as an addendum to this because a lot of people aren't aware this is a thing but there IS a simcraft addon for WoW that allows you to snapshot a profile of the gear/traits you have on that character and directly plug it into Simcraft without having to constantly relog to refresh the armory.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    Just as an addendum to this because a lot of people aren't aware this is a thing but there IS a simcraft addon for WoW that allows you to snapshot a profile of the gear/traits you have on that character and directly plug it into Simcraft without having to constantly relog to refresh the armory.
    Could you share the name? Cause that would save a lot of time.

I did just figure out today how to do "proper" comparisons though, using the "copy" feature - so now, at least, I don't have to wait for the armory to update. But being able to import character data to Simcraft would be great

It's actually just called Simulationcraft lol

Apparently it's been around forever? I just found out about it at the end of Warlords.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    It's actually just called Simulationcraft lol

Apparently it's been around forever? I just found out about it at the end of Warlords.
    You're the MVP of today - here it is if anyone else wants it: https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/simulationcraft

Thanks!

Thanks for the heads up about the addon, I've already used it a dozen different times today to check out gear I was saving "incase" I was mistaken on stats and it was an upgrade lol.

Deleted
    Am I blind or cant I see wordups enhancement shindig anywhere aa sticky? I only see draenor patch suff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangman View Post
    Am I blind or cant I see wordups enhancement shindig anywhere aa sticky? I only see draenor patch suff
    I am not a licensed optician, so I can't say anything about your sight. But you are right, the stickies are greatly outdated. The mod assigned to the Shaman forums doesn't seem to be very active.

I used to mod the druid forums "back in the days", and I've actually put in an application to mod the shaman forums - it's in dire need of a cleanup and some new stickies :P

wordup has a guide on wowhead now instead . id recommend checking that out for anything shaman. also the guys in the discord are usually pretty helpful if its not a memey day