Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zubaja View Post
    What is this icky stuff I stepped in? Oh, damn. It's casual entitlement.
    i fucking love you and your quote

Quote Originally Posted by Sandraudiga View Post
    Getting a legendary that you will never equip is worse than not getting one at all, at least your bad luck protection is still intact.

An 895 legendary neck being worse than an 850 crafted epic is a very legit concern. Removing primary stats from rings and necks was a bad idea, should have just given them all three like cloaks. At least then the 45 ilvls of strength might have made it an upgrade.
    This, absolutely this. When you get a bad legendary your bad luck protection streak is broken and you're stuck back at zero. It's literally worse to get a legendary that's no good then to not get one. So many people don't understand. I'd rather wait two months from now to get my BiS legendary instead of getting every other one between now and then and then not getting my BiS legendary until after Nighthold is out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Pain View Post
    I am provoked. Geting any kind of itemlevel 895 is a grand boost no matter what.
    Stop crying and be pleased.
    There is no way a 895 neck is worse than a 850 no matter what the stats are.
    Eventually you will get more legendaries, and geting 2 of a kind is something Blizzard says they have fixed and shouldnt happen.

As a warrior, I got the sephur secret or w/e its called. And yes, its worse than a 835 ring I have. But at least I got one shit legendary out of the way.

I am provoked. Geting any kind of itemlevel 895 is a grand boost no matter what.
    Eventually you will get more legendaries, and geting 2 of a kind is something Blizzard says they have fixed and shouldnt happen.
    If the neck has the wrong secondary stats, no. For some classes a 840 neck with the right secondary stats is way better.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    If the neck has the wrong secondary stats, no. For some classes a 840 neck with the right secondary stats is way better.
    I can think of maybe 2 dps classes who care so much about one secondary stat that an 895 is a downgrade from a 840

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    While it's true that simulations are not infallible, the current version of simcraft is, by all accounts, extremely accurate. I follow what simcraft says pretty religiously, and, well, I think my results speak for themselves.
    Note my guild's mythic logs are private, except for the one Nythendra log that was made public, because someone was a derp. ^_^

Surprised no one's beaten my rank 1 normal Il'gynoth yet.
    slow down there friend, your trailblazing too fast 4 us simple folk

Deleted
    #devastated!

The mistake might be on mastery. People tend to (and I'm guilty of that sometimes) think mastery is useless because it's the worst stat. Less useful, not useless. Ran some simulations on AMR and indeed I can't find a neck to beat the legendary in my case. Losing a bunch of haste bothers me, though, but that's personal preference on how higher haste feels to me (I like haste around 23% or so).

10+ Year Old Account
    This quote is beautiful.

OT: Also, that isn't exactly the worst legendary, that stupid crowd control ring is, unless you've gotten that I think your QQ is unjustified.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 120 Human Paladin | ESO: Strife Valor, CP 610 Dunmer Magblade | GW2: Inquisitor Strife, Level 80 Human Renegede.

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    It means nothing if an idiot runs a million sims. Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about.
    Can't quote stat weights, or pretend to know what stat is better than the other if you don't think simulations are important.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Can't quote stat weights, or pretend to know what stat is better than the other if you don't think simulations are important.
    I did not say simulations are not important. But fact of the matter is that the legendary neck is absolute trash for ret.

10+ Year Old Account
    Worst thing about Legendaries seems like people getting them and complaining that they aren't good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    Worst thing about Legendaries seems like people getting them and complaining that they aren't good enough.
    Hell I just want one.

As long as it isn't the legendary's that go on ur fallower ill be happy lol.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Hell I just want one.

As long as it isn't the legendary's that go on ur fallower ill be happy lol.
    Well...at least I've got one of those, and 100 resources per mission is kinda nice. Depressing as fuck to have my follower get a Legendary before me though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterstrife View Post
    OT: Also, that isn't exactly the worst legendary, that stupid crowd control ring is, unless you've gotten that I think your QQ is unjustified.
    highly depends on the stat prio of your class.
    as an example:
    I play a shadow priest, if i get the CC ring i would still wear it, even though the effect isnt great / often times unuseable.
    If i get the neck instead it just wanders straight to the bank since i dont play holy and its a downgrade compared to any 850 haste/crit neck.

So for some classes (like shadow priest) the neck IS the worst since it is the only legendary you wouldnt wear, unless you are fresh 110.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedric123 View Post
    Got my first legendary at 18 days 14 hours /played at 110 from withered j'im and it's the legendary neck. I don't like people complaining about legendaries but this one was genuinely the only one that isn't good for me, worse than my 850 crafted neck. Any of the others would have been an upgrade but no I get the only one that isn't thanks blizzard
    Well. At least you did not get a legendary follower gear. I got that. And for all intents and purposes it seems to have used my bad luck protection. Because with 30 days at 110 when I do a /played and having not missed an emissary cache since the expansion went live I have yet to even sniff the package a legendary gear item comes in.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

He just said he has 18 day 14hr played. Thats almost 10-12 hrs a day of playing since launch lol

- - - Updated - - -

When there is no primary stat on jewelries yes it is possible that an item 45 ilvls higher can be a downgrade or a 1% upgrade. As an MM hunter the Sephuz ring is only a 1% upgrade over the crafted ring.

There are classes who values one secondary stat more than primary stat and almost double value of the next secondary stat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I've probably ran more ret sims than anyone else on this forum, and I can 100% guarantee you that that 895 neck is an absolutely massive upgrade for you. Probably around a 10% damage upgrade.
    I've seen some posts from you, mostly good and informative stuff but this? You must be trolling?
    For the sake of clarity let's compare the stats right away:

Prydaz legendary neck (ilvl 895):
    - 1397 Mastery
    - 776 Crit
    - 1 socket

Righteous Dawnlight Medallion of the fireflash, (crafted 850 neck
    - 1101 Haste
    - 734 Crit
    - 1 socket

You are saying the Prydaz is a massive upgrade? You sir are massively wrong. Actually I just simmed both of them on my Ret, and the crafted neck IS better. But hey, you are have a top 1 parse on normal boss, obviously you know your shit.

It seems to be two kind of mindsets here;
    The retards (who gets triggered because someone got a orange item, thinkin it's good per se)
    The informative (who understand that this is actually a DPS loss compared to stuff you can buy on AH, and the other aspect is that your Bad Luck protection is broken)

Feel for your TS, hope you have better RNG in the future!

--snip--

Nvm.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I don't know why everyone turns it in to a pissing contest.

The whole point is that it literally can be devastating to get a shit legendary. That shouldn't even be possible but it absolutely is.